+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How to speed up Internet Explorer to load pages even FASTER

Copied from : Penis in the face

To comply with current Internet standards, Internet Explorer limits the number of simultaneous downloads to two downloads, plus one queued download. This configuration is a function of the browser. However, as connection speeds increase, and the number of total connections that are allowed to Internet servers increase, the two-connection limit may be restrictive.

Please Note: Changing the maximum number of connections beyond two is a violation of Internet standards; use at your own risk!

To increase the number of simultaneous connections that are allowed, follow these steps:

1. Start the Registry Editor
    2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings
    3. Select New > DWORD Value from the Edit menu
    4. Name the new value MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
    5. Right-click the MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server value and choose Modify
    6. Under Base, click the radio button next to Decimal
    7. In the Value Data: box enter the number of simultaneous connections you want to set (for example 10 is a good value GOGO 40!), and
    8. click OK
    9. Exit the registry editor

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

omg who's gonna make the Opera browser and Safari topic? this should be a ytmnd fad :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Safari plz!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Wow, thanks. Only being to download two things at a time has pissed me off for a long time now because I'm sure I used to have no limit back in the day...

Re: How to speed up Internet Explorer to load pages even FAS

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

To comply with current Internet standards, Internet Explorer limits the number of simultaneous downloads to two downloads, plus one queued download. This configuration is a function of the browser. However, as connection speeds increase, and the number of total connections that are allowed to Internet servers increase, the two-connection limit may be restrictive.

Please Note: Changing the maximum number of connections beyond two is a violation of Internet standards; use at your own risk!

To increase the number of simultaneous connections that are allowed, follow these steps:

1. Download Firefox
    2. Delete Internet Explore
    3. Follow wafik's thread on Firefox
    there we go.. all better

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

we have a winner

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i would sooooo use firefox, cept for one minor little problem, the forward and back buttons on my mouse dont work with it for some reason

>.>

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Firefox sucks, unless there was something I missed... like, completely missed. =\

2008 EDIT: After two years of Firefox, I take this back whole-heartedly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire

1. Download Firefox
    2. Delete Internet Explore
    3. Follow wafik's thread on Firefox
    there we go.. all better

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Safari plz!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Fooreffffoox suucks, unless zeere-a-a fes soomezeeeng I meessed... leeke-a-a, coompletely meessed. =\
    Borked using Firefox.
    Firefox owns IE hands-down.

Thanks Zigma~ :D

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I like IE, It's never let me down so if it's not broken then why fix it. The people who gloats about firefox are the ones who don't even know how to code a simple hello world program in C. You all just follow the bandwagon.

You can choose whatever browser you want, nobody cares but stop trying to spread it like the christians who knock your door at 9 in the morning when you're trying to fucking sleep.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

the christians who knock your door at 9 in the morning then you're trying to fucking sleep.
    They actually ran when I walked to the door with my Tippman 98 Custom in hand, air tank having just been filled a couple days ago, full hopper, already cocked.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You want to know why I use IE ??
    One less thing for me to install...

and like Zigma said, IE runs fine

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I like IE, It's never let me down so if it's not broken then why fix it. The people who gloats about firefox are the ones who don't even know how to code a simple hello world program in C. You all just follow the bandwagon.

You can choose whatever browser you want, nobody cares but stop trying to spread it like the christians who knock your door at 9 in the morning when you're trying to fucking sleep.
    ??? Who's trying to spread it? Calm the fuck down man. I never said here it is use it, its my opinion I'll share it if I like.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aldur

??? Who's trying to spread it? Calm the fuck down man. I never said here it is use it, its my opinion I'll share it if I like.

get your head out your ass because I wasn't talking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldur

get your head out your ass because I wasn't talking about you.
    Your the Man Now Dog!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

1. Start the Registry Editor
    2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings
    3. Select New > DWORD Value from the Edit menu
    4. Name the new value MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
    5. Right-click the MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server value and choose Modify
    6. Under Base, click the radio button next to Decimal
    7. In the Value Data: box enter the number of simultaneous connections you want to set (for example 10 is a good value GOGO 40!), and
    8. click OK
    9. Exit the registry editor
    this is actually bad advice because it bogs down webservers with too many http requests. that and it's possible that the browser ignores this setting anyway, i'm pretty sure firefox does at least. it's a violation of internet standards for good reason.

The people who gloats about firefox are the ones who don't even know how to code a simple hello world program in C. You all just follow the bandwagon.
    Thank you Internet, for such inspired and informative observations.