+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There is only two words to describe this...

FUCKING OWNED
    http://eve.klaki.net/heist/

I think "Nuff said" explains it all. Read.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

why do we play this game? holy shit thats amazing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

12 real life Months?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes. They spent 12 real months infiltrating that corporation..

That's fucking awesome.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

This reminds me of that thing I heard about on Star Wars Galaxies. Games with active PvP and roleplaying and such always seemed so kewl to me. In SWG they apparently had a huge battle where they had an army attack one planet which was a trick to allow a sneak attack on the rebel capital or some shit. They ended up destroying and taking over like the main planet. (Kind of like Sandy taking over the Castle Oztroja and buying all the items from it really cheap and getting all the nm items without fighting NM and such). Why doesn't FFXI have insanely kewl AI/PvP battle potential?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

The first posted game is Eve Online. My friend plays that game... it's fucking awesome. http://www.eve-online.com You can get a 14 day free trial. They have 1 server cluster, with about 50 servers in the cluster, which is almost lag free (they upgrade their servers as often as FFXI has maintenance almost). The Universe is fucking huge as hell. The graphics are amazing. I used to run a NVidia GeForce 5200... the game looked crisp even on there. Meaning you get what you pay for when it comes to that game. If anyone wants some insight to Eve Online, PM me, and I'll either answer your questions (I know a lot about the game, i play on my friend's account), or I can direct you to my friend. YOU CAN EVEN TRAIN SKILLS DURRING DOWNTIME MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and all expansions are free.

As far as SWG goes... it used to be good (I had a CL80 Master Bounty Hunter before NGE, 90 Commando after). Before they came out with the "New Game Enhancements", making the game very WoWish. Not saying anything bad about WoW, infact, I love WoW. But they took 36 active professions, thousands of different combinations in class and ability alone, and turned them into 9 "Iconic" professions, with set abilities, no real individualisim. Still to date tho, SWG has the best crafting system ever.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    This reminds me of that thing I heard about on Star Wars Galaxies. Games with active PvP and roleplaying and such always seemed so kewl to me. In SWG they apparently had a huge battle where they had an army attack one planet which was a trick to allow a sneak attack on the rebel capital or some shit. They ended up destroying and taking over like the main planet. (Kind of like Sandy taking over the Castle Oztroja and buying all the items from it really cheap and getting all the nm items without fighting NM and such). Why doesn't FFXI have insanely kewl AI/PvP battle potential?
    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    The limitations of the PS2 prevent us from doing anything...blah blah blah

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My manager is in Guiding Hand. The video he made of it was fucking great.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

How much is the monthly fee, 'cause if it's as good as you say it is I might take a 'break' from FFXI to play this.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

i like how they always lie and say they cant add new stuff because of PS2, and then they go and make an expansion pack with alot of new monsters and new model armors.

Which one is it SE

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    i like how they always lie and say they cant add new stuff because of PS2, and then they go and make an expansion pack with alot of new monsters and new model armors.

Which one is it SE
    It always kind of confused me that the limiting factor on new graphics for the ps2 was being blamed on the processor and not the harddrive or something. Because, you know, if Square's argument was that everyones harddrive is bound to be full because of all the ps2 games that support it, maybe I could believe that

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

Which one is it SE
    It always kind of confused me that the limiting factor on new graphics for the ps2 was being blamed on the processor and not the harddrive or something. Because, you know, if Square's argument was that everyones harddrive is bound to be full because of all the ps2 games that support it, maybe I could believe that
    The PS2 HDD only uses about 14GB if I am not mistaken.

E. Body
    BG Level

My HDD is 20GB, I think the game uses a good portion of that and I don't have other PS2 games installed but I wonder how many expansions/updates they can release before my HDD is filled. After it is, then what? Does the game die?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

old, fffffffffffffffffffffffffucking news 8)

I think it was Wafik's word.. the one that describes this best...

sadlarious

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    How much is the monthly fee, 'cause if it's as good as you say it is I might take a 'break' from FFXI to play this.
    15 a month to play, but you get a discount if you prepay for 3 months, or even a year. The game is worth it, seriously. The graphics capabilities in the game blow FFXI's out of the water... RAM usage: less then FFXI, w/o windower... and it supports windowed mode. The interface can be a bit confusing, but after a couple hours, you get used to it. RMT is not a problem in the game as much, because money is hella easy to make. My friend can make 4million ISK (the ingame currency of Eve), without even thinking too hard. Also as I stated earlier, all expansions are free (they just released Red Moon Rising for it). Server down time: usually 6am CST to 7am CST

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've been playing this a bit myself lately. Character is Heddai if anyone is wondering.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Oh, also as far as RMT goes... the company offers their own RMT, not that you need it in the game. The way to combat RMT is to offer the money yourself, since you can already just pump it into the economy. Yes, RMT does ruin the game, but once you see how easy it is to make money in the game, you won't need to.