Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Limbus     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Conserve MP is the best mage trait in the game (maybe second to Clear Mind).

If you don't realize this stop playing a mage.
    conserve MP makes me cream when i'm soloing, HNM, manaburning...

anything. i really, really want to trade my rostrum's for a pair of Af2.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Conserve MP is why I always subbed BLM for my WHM. Nothing is better than healing half your tanks life for 24 MP. I never understood the /SMN fad, as you're not at max MP 99% of the time and you only really get like 80 more MP endgame with SMN sub, and for everytime conserve MP kicks in you need like 30-45 seconds of auto refresh to make up for that MP, which you can get another conserve MP to kick in...

/SMN is helpful at COP Wyrms buff wise just not for MP. Aerial Armor on the ground if you happen to use PLDs and then Shining Ruby (lv37 Carby is just as effective as 75 >_>) in the air to lower AOE magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    /SMN is helpful at COP Wyrms buff wise just not for MP. Aerial Armor on the ground if you happen to use PLDs and then Shining Ruby (lv37 Carby is just as effective as 75 >_>) in the air to lower AOE magic damage.
    PLD/WAR is so 2003.

Round 3 GO!

Seriously, unless you use PLD/WAR then AA is useless.

can BLM + NIN make a lot of money off this? A friend of mine offered to help me get to sea so we could duo limbus.

edit: Well I know we can make a lot but I just don't know a lot about limbus. Maybe somebody could fill me in?

also.. sig test

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Conserve MP is why I always subbed BLM for my WHM. Nothing is better than healing half your tanks life for 24 MP. I never understood the /SMN fad, as you're not at max MP 99% of the time and you only really get like 80 more MP endgame with SMN sub, and for everytime conserve MP kicks in you need like 30-45 seconds of auto refresh to make up for that MP, which you can get another conserve MP to kick in...
    Same reason for me, /blm > /smn for everything except if you are fighting something needing AA. period. You are never operating at max MP except at the beginning of an event, most events dont take 2-3 minutes, HNM's, Limbus, Dynamis, even exp PT's are constantly going on, almost no real chance to get back to full.

Also, I notice myself having to rest more often, at less MP more with /smn vs /blm, conserve MP kicking in on a good portion of spellcasts, is overall more MP saved vs the ticks of /smn. Heck on 1 cure 4 alone, if conserve MP kicks in, thats over 1 minute worth of /smn sub mp regen saved right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    Same reason for me, /blm > /smn for everything except if you are fighting something needing AA. period. You are never operating at max MP except at the beginning of an event, most events dont take 2-3 minutes, HNM's, Limbus, Dynamis, even exp PT's are constantly going on, almost no real chance to get back to full.

Also, I notice myself having to rest more often, at less MP more with /smn vs /blm, conserve MP kicking in on a good portion of spellcasts, is overall more MP saved vs the ticks of /smn. Heck on 1 cure 4 alone, if conserve MP kicks in, thats over 1 minute worth of /smn sub mp regen saved right there.
    Not to mention Escape and Tractor are much more helpful spells to your party than Aerial Armor. I greatly dislike subbing SMN, and complained the whole time I was leveling it to 37 (sorry guys). But really, if you have a Noble's Tunic and a decent Refresher.. Conserve MP ftw.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Meropi

Not to mention Escape and Tractor are much more helpful spells to your party than Aerial Armor. I greatly dislike subbing SMN, and complained the whole time I was leveling it to 37 (sorry guys). But really, if you have a Noble's Tunic and a decent Refresher.. Conserve MP ftw.
    ftw, oh and warp and ES Aspir too

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    When was the last time you went "damn, I need 10 more elemental skill" and nuked ice instead of thunder because you get 10 elemental magic skill free off the staff?
    This is a horrible example since thunder staff decreases resists.
    So does ice staff AND it has +10 elemental skill. How is that a horrible example when people are saying +5 elemental is important?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I disagree... D: MP conserve doesn't proc often enough or with enough potency to make up for the the extra refresh in the long run(from my experience anyways). I suppose if you're mostly casting big cures and resting it would work out better, but most fights just don't play out that way. I rarely ever use WHM anymore, and /blm is my normal sub for warp/tractor/sleep... but in fights where my supply of MP is important, I always go /smn.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I agree 100% and while leveling summoner I also complained the whole time. People in my LS go /smn to sky pops all the time, and they never use Avatars. Ever. So obviously they're going for refresh, but by the end of a busy fight I'd still find myself with more MP most of the time, plus I can escape my own party, and warp myself when it's over :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I agree 100% and while leveling summoner I also complained the whole time. People in my LS go /smn to sky pops all the time, and they never use Avatars. Ever. So obviously they're going for refresh, but by the end of a busy fight I'd still find myself with more MP most of the time, plus I can escape my own party, and warp myself when it's over :D
    If you have very high MP regen, or it's a short duration then conserve MP is better. Otherwise 20mp/min is. High MP regen pretty much means if you can rest MP fairly regularly.

Take a WHM over a 20 minute BC fight. Summoner refresh will give up to 400 MP. Conserve MP if it saves on average 10% would mean you'd need to spend 4000MP to match. If you start with 1200MP and end with 200, that means you'd need to get generate 3000MP during the fight, or 7.5 mp/3 seconds. Thats bardsong, refresh, noble's tunic and a couple brief rests. So for a 20+ minute fight where you rarely get to /heal, conserve MP and +20mp/minute are pretty similar ASSUMING you have bardsong + refresh + nobles. If you don't then you either need to be /healing more often or /SMN will be better than conserve MP.

5 minute fight, you'd gain at most 100 mp from refresh, and you'd make that up with your starting mana pool with conserve MP, so conserve MP >>> refresh for a short fight.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raubien
    can BLM + NIN make a lot of money off this? A friend of mine offered to help me get to sea so we could duo limbus.

edit: Well I know we can make a lot but I just don't know a lot about limbus. Maybe somebody could fill me in?
    A NIN can solo a floor on it pretty easy, and I imagine in the elemental one it is possible a good BLM could, so you guys could always clear one floor in any Temenos np, maybe APollyon too. This means you'll get 4-8 coins each time, which if they sell for 400k each you guys can make pretty good money yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    When was the last time you went "damn, I need 10 more elemental skill" and nuked ice instead of thunder because you get 10 elemental magic skill free off the staff?
    This is a horrible example since thunder staff decreases resists.
    So does ice staff AND it has +10 elemental skill. How is that a horrible example when people are saying +5 elemental is important?
    For one thing more people have fully merited thunder potency although now you can max ice potency too. Second, ice isn't good against all mobs.Lastly, I read your original post wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Conserve MP is the best mage trait in the game (maybe second to Clear Mind).

If you don't realize this stop playing a mage.
    I left off a + on the conserve magic...I was talking about how conserve mp+ is the biggest joke in this game (though I thought it was EXTREMELY obvious that I was talking about +conserve mp equipment). The trait itself is nice obviously...but +conserve magic stat is decidedly not worth it. +5 conserve MP does about as much as the +3chr on blm AF gloves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5