Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Visual Clarity: Enchanted Items

Visual Clarity: Enchanted Items

The number of charges left on an enchanted item will display differently in the item description window after the February version update.

The FINAL FANTASY XI development team is continually examining measures to improve the clarity of the game's visuals, and is aware that some players buy enchanted items from bazaars without realizing how many charges are left on the item. Listening to the concerns of the players, we have decided to improve the way the number of charges left on enchanted items is displayed.

The next version update will introduce the following changes to number displays in the dispensing/enchanted items description window.

The color of the number of charges, the counter, recast time, and equip delay will change in the following manner.

Blue = The item is fully charged.
    White = The item has been used (not fully charged, but some charges are left).
    Red = No charges are left on the item.

These changes were decided based on comments received from a Japanese Premier Community site. We will continue to make announcements regarding updates and player feedback using the "Topics" section on the FINAL FANTASY XI main page and our Premier sites from around the world.

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (02/06/2006)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

These changes were decided based on comments received from a Japanese Premier Community site. We will continue to make announcements regarding updates and player feedback using the "Topics" section on the FINAL FANTASY XI main page and our Premier sites from around the world.

yep

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

yes, this REALLY needed a fix!!
    screw gilsellers and botters EDIT: and racist japanese ppls!

still be my heart...SE is actually doing something to improve this game...no, wait...they're just making it so the fucking morons that don't bother to look at charges in a bazaar continue to play. If you're too fucking stupid to glance down to the charges portion of a bazaared charge item, gtfo and go play WoW.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    still be my heart...SE is actually doing something to improve this game...no, wait...they're just making it so the fucking morons that don't bother to look at charges in a bazaar continue to play. If you're too fucking stupid to glance down to the charges portion of a bazaared charge item, gtfo and go play WoW.
    lol

That is third useless update(in row) that we got for Feb Update.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Wins the thread.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Next up: Color Coded V. Claws

So you don't accidently buy an overpriced Scorpion Claw!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Next up: Color Coded V. Claws

So you don't accidently buy an overpriced Scorpion Claw!
    lol >_>

(It happens few times in Rag. Server)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

This is probably the absolutely most retarded thing they could have found to update/fix.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow I cant believe they thought of something dumber then the menial fishing/ballista changes but here it is.

Guy 1: HEY GUY2 BUY MY RERAISE PIN
    Guy 2: You cant fool me! Its red!
    Guy 1: Oh guy2, you're so wise. I can never fool you.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

The japanese "premier community" can only find this to complain about... makes perfect sense to me.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

NA Player: Excuse me mr. SE guy, where can I find the North American premier community site?

SE guy: uhhhhh....ummmmmmmmm....look it's over there behind you.

NA Player: Huh? Where??

SE guy: AHA! Take this!!!!!! *SE guy stabs NA player in the back and runs away*

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Someone in my LS noticed that Muketsu and the +1 are not spelled properly. Could this be one of the changes?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Next update, SE will make all not enchanted items in the game have a charge of 0/1 in red so we are positively absolutely 100% positve that the item is not charged.

Oh, and who needs a white box when I can now have red items?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

would you rather that S-E listens to the Allatards instead?

we all know what got changed last time that happened...

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco

I remember hearing a bit ago that some SE people look at these forums occasionaly. All the gay talk probably scared them away. Next time theres a dumb update we'll have Niro to thank for SE not fixing endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco

what was it? used to remember ;/

Black Belt
    BG Level

there's nothing wrong with this update note except that it's so small it's not worth wasting anyone's time announcing it.

this is about as important as changing Panzer > Panther.

i think SE probably has some quota/time spacing standards that whoever came up with the idea of these patch previews established. that's the only explanation for proclaiming shit like this, lol. but say the "time space" between when they're required to post updates is like 3-4 days; taking 3-4 days to do something like this could only mean they have like 1 person working 10% of his/her time on ffxi

so confusing

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    i think SE probably has some quota/time spacing standards that whoever came up with the idea of these patch previews established. that's the only explanation for proclaiming shit like this, lol. but say the "time space" between when they're required to post updates is like 3-4 days; taking 3-4 days to do something like this could only mean they have like 1 person working 10% of his/her time on ffxi

so confusing
    They went 3 weeks without posting an update for one of the previous patches.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast