Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Kaiser Behemoth, and his annoying little resist to Gravity

I have fought King Behemoth quite a few times with an HNMLS, and one of the most useful ways of controlling him was to Gravity him, so that our Tank would get "too far away" for Meteor to be used.

Recently, I have achieved Sea access and We did a specific limbus area in which we fought versions of the 3 king gods. (Aspido, Nidogg, and KB). Well, everything was working fine, we clearned the aspido and nidogg type mobs relatively easiy, but then it came time to do King Behemoth (AKA Kaiser Behemoth). We did a similar setup as we usually did with KB, but that bastard decided to resist Gravity!. The Nerve!! ><.

Anyways, we were stuck in a rut. We had like 30 minutes to kill him, and our most viable option of slaying wasn't available. For the first 10 minutes, half or more of our people wiped, and we had only one tank still unweakened who was desperately trying to kite this pain in the ass monster around. When we finally got unweakened, and ready to fight, we used a strategy not unlike a Kirin fight, but Meteor tended to go off way more than necessary. We managed to slay it, but we cut it dangerously close, and it involved 2 or 3 Ninjas Blowing themselves up at the last minute for the kill. If anybody has tried to do that specific limbus Area, I would like your advice to kill this monster more effectively. Thank you.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Crimson Cuisses

sorry :/

Or nighttime ninjas

Best strat is to learn to keep everyone away from the tank as meteor hits him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Crimson Cuisses

sorry :/

Or nighttime ninjas

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

y helo thar mr herald's gaiters

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I never knew kiting was that much of a freakin challenge...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Killed with 11 people last Friday with 2 BLM's, few RDM's, WHM & bunch o'melee.

Pretty sure he's Grav-immune, but he also has much less life. Not to mention the terrain makes it much easier to kite cause you can run laps around that space in the center without ever having to turn around and such.

Started off with BLM's casting ThunderIV, then running until it starts casting meteor, in which all the melee started wacking it while the BLM with hate runs out of range of meteor.

We had a few casualties because of it's reluctance to cast meteor, but it's really hard to wipe unless you eat too many meteor's or too many people die in 1 shot. Reraise gear helps immensely

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Killed with 6 people Sunday Morning with ease >.>

NIN SAM/THF BLM BLM RDM BRD... we got to Behemoth Floor with 42ish minutes to spare after clearing all the prior floors minus T U R T L E and Fafnir.

Orny deaths were the bard and rdm (me!) after a Thunderbolt followed by a meteor targeted at me.

This was our first time taking two BLM, prior times one of our BLM had come on war. Our best attempt with one BLM was 19%.

In other words, the OP and his group just suck.

My group has never touched T U R T L E or Fafnir yet. But, we all have great experince with these two NM types... just out of question do you think our 6 person setup would have a chance again the T U R T L E's regen? What about the Fafnir, we have a chance in hell with him?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He's pretty easy to kite as long as you utilize the pillars all over the place.

His HP is very low, just hit him hard and fast, won't last longer than 5-7 minutes tops.

You don't need movement speed items...anyone can outrun him. You just have to start running the instant you see him casting Meteor. If you stop to provoke or flash or whatever, you're toast.

Make this macro:

/assist <bt>
    /wait 1
    /p Hate is on <t>.

Essentially it will let you know whoever the mob is aggroed on currently. It's invaluable for NMs you kite (like behemoth). Whoever's name pops up on the macro, everyone just gets the fuck away from. Hell just use simple logic...if you cast Thunder 4 and immediately after you see Behemoth doing Meteor, chances are its on YOU so run away.

Kaiser Behemoth is pretty damn easy =/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Kaiser Behemoth can switch who hes casting on midcast >.> did it a few times to my group. Very noticable when you have small amounts of people. Or it could just be that our /assist on him was lagged and showed us a previous person.

That's probalby what happened...his hate CAN change after he starts casting, so its not fool proof. But the target of his spell won't change.

E. Body
    BG Level

I kited him on bard for about half our fight with him the last time my LS did that limbus zone because one divine seal curaga II and ballads pulled hate..I would literally go over to the mages, ballad, and all of a sudden he comes running for me because it pulled hate. Meteor didnt go off on me, and I didnt have any movement speed (can bard even use any outside of mazurka?) so it's not really that difficult..

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    My group has never touched T U R T L E or Fafnir yet. But, we all have great experince with these two NM types... just out of question do you think our 6 person setup would have a chance again the T U R T L E's regen? What about the Fafnir, we have a chance in hell with him?
    I don't think the turtle regens... it's more like a buff Adamantoise than an Aspid. Might take a while, but I don't think you should have a problem killing it. I don't know if it's even worth it though as last time we went his chest gave no coins... unless that's an abnormality.

The Fafnir really hurts... ~_~ I think that'd be really hard with 1 PT. You might be able to Sleep -> Nuke it to death with the 2 BLM's and a RDM, but I've never tried.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aers
    Meteor didnt go off on me, and I didnt have any movement speed (can bard even use any outside of mazurka?) so it's not really that difficult..
    Aketons

E. Body
    BG Level

Well, next time I'm doing limbus in bastok i'll let you know how it turns out

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Simple logic is something 99% of the FFXI endgame community lacks...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you're fighting the Fafnir-clone with only 6 people, you should fight him right on top of the HP/MP chest so you can get everyone back to full. He hits hard and pretty fast, PLD is the better tank for it. You can probably sleep him 6-7 times before he starts to resist it hardcore, so time things accordingly. He doesn't regen like the normal Fafnir, and doesn't seem to occasionally go into "wing-spam" mode, so you can win with a group of 6, just takes a good strategy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    If you're fighting the Fafnir-clone with only 6 people, you should fight him right on top of the HP/MP chest so you can get everyone back to full. He hits hard and pretty fast, PLD is the better tank for it. You can probably sleep him 6-7 times before he starts to resist it hardcore, so time things accordingly. He doesn't regen like the normal Fafnir, so you can win with a group of 6, just takes a good strategy.
    Thats what I figured, I don't really see a reason for the group I go with to fight him and wiping to him could cost us coins... so I doubt we will bother attempting him.

Now to find something to do with all the chips we will be getting >.>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Thats what I figured, I don't really see a reason for the group I go with to fight him and wiping to him could cost us coins... so I doubt we will bother attempting him.

Now to find something to do with all the chips we will be getting >.>
    Well, you had said earlier you had 42 minutes left for the last floor. I would try it just for the hell of it, worst case scenario is you're going to wipe, reraise, and have 30 minutes left for the last floor.

We only do NW when we need the chip =\, the coin droprate is so much better in some of the other courses.

When our LS does KB (or Chlevnik KS99) we use the aforementioned macro:

/assist <t>
    /wait 1
    /l Hate is on <t>!

Obviously assisting KB / Chlevnik will target the person with hate so it helps... And, as also stated, even though his target can change midcast, he won't change Meteor target - more likely what is happening is someone is pulling hate right before Meteor begins casting, and a tank regains hate right after it starts, and nobody knows its not on the tank because of this.

An easy way to combat this is to filter everything except for "Special Actions started on/by you" - in other words, the dot should read OFF (NOT filtered) [I only include this because I've seen so many people screw up this seemingly simple task] When KB / Chlevnik starts casting Meteor on anyone except for you, you will not see it in the chatlogs. When he DOES cast on you, you will see:

**** starts casting Meteor.

You will ONLY see this when YOU are the target; when this is the case, simply run in the predestined tanking direction, with a /party or /linkshell macro alerting everyone that you are the target. Using this you don't even really need a set tank, just people who are able to read chatlogs and run away... Don't try this if your LS is full of morons who don't read the logs til its too late, run into the crowd isntead of away, etc.