Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Least people to kill DRG or DRK Ix'Aern?

I was wondering if it's possible to kill the DRG or DRK Ix'Aern with a merit or manaburn PT? I think similarly to Ulli, this would be the best way to gather the triggers... With an alliance, you run out of mobs so fast that eventually someone goes afk or everybody gets bored that they want to leave.

I've read from someone claiming that a manaburn PT can kill the DRG Ix'Aern with no problems, but how do you manage the 3 wynavs? I must be missing some tricks...

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

you can't beat the DRG Ix'Aern, he'll have WHM sub and solo you all one by one.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I've read from someone claiming that a manaburn PT can kill the DRG Ix'Aern with no problems, but how do you manage the 3 wynavs? I must be missing some tricks...
    pull it far away from the wynavs. Not gonna be easy, but can be done.

I personally don't see manaburning as an option for the nms. Popping them via manaburn, yes. But with the Ix'aerns hitting so hard, having aoe stun, and in the case of the drk having blood weapon, I just see a party of blms getting raped.

I have read that there is a trick to getting the qn'aerns from the drk to separate and somehow lose aggro. Maybe if whoever pops the nm drops party before he pops, and everyone else pulls the Ix away asap. If your party is quick and pulls this off fine...and if everyone is on the ball (blms could easily trade aggro and kite around if they know what they are doing), then maybe I could see the drk getting manaburned.

But the drg? The biggest problem is, as you said, the wynavs. They're not sleepable if I recall correctly. If you could find a way to deal with them, then a group of blms could possibly handle the Ix'aern.

Again, both theories assume that there are no links from regular aerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    I have read that there is a trick to getting the qn'aerns from the drk to separate and somehow lose aggro. Maybe if whoever pops the nm drops party before he pops, and everyone else pulls the Ix away asap. If your party is quick and pulls this off fine...and if everyone is on the ball (blms could easily trade aggro and kite around if they know what they are doing), then maybe I could see the drk getting manaburned.
    A Qn'Aern can be soloed easily by a lot of jobs. They're rangers with really slow attack speed that miss a lot and won't move into melee range. I "tanked" one for several minutes once by just recasting blink and occasionally stoneskin while healing/refreshing a party. Bio/Poison did a decent number on it. NIN, RDM or BLM or SMN with MP regen should have no problem soloing one if they careful and take their time. The Ix'Aern itself on the other hand, is a bit of a problem.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

a mb pt killed upper ix aern twice on my server in a different linkshell, so it is doable -,-

As for manaburn:
    I don't think you'd have the MP to manaburn through two Qn'Aerns and then an Ix'Aern DRK that could reraise two to ten times. I could see 1 RDM 1 BRD 4 BLMs manaburning through Ix'Aern DRG if you could find some way to manage the Wyverns. In either case, if it popped while Aw'Aerns are still up you would probably have to run to a zoneline to stand any chance of winning.

Melee:
    NIN WAR WAR RDM BRD WHM could do Ix'Aern DRK. The RDM could kite the Qn'Aern RNG and then the two WARs + the BRD & WHM engage the other Qn'Aern. Meanwhile the NIN kites the Ix'Aern DRK. Once both Qn's are dead the fight becomes pretty simple.

Ix'Aern DRG would be even easier if you could manage the 3 Wyverns. Could a single RDM Diaga them and kite with Crimson cuisses? If so then a 3 melee 3 mage PT could win.

To clarify, I was referring to this post:

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... urn#134772

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Ix'Aern DRG would be even easier if you could manage the 3 Wyverns. Could a single RDM Diaga them and kite with Crimson cuisses? If so then a 3 melee 3 mage PT could win.
    They're bards. They displ, slow and... charm. Little nightmares with wings. It would be difficult to kite more than 1, some people might be able to do it, but I wouldn't want to try it. You'd really want 4 people to handle the wynavs safely.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    A Qn'Aern can be soloed easily by a lot of jobs. They're rangers with really slow attack speed that miss a lot and won't move into melee range. I "tanked" one for several minutes once by just recasting blink and occasionally stoneskin while healing/refreshing a party. Bio/Poison did a decent number on it. NIN, RDM or BLM or SMN with MP regen should have no problem soloing one if they careful and take their time. The Ix'Aern itself on the other hand, is a bit of a problem.
    Ah yes, I remember that. That was while you were standing next to 2 Aw'Aerns that were due to spawn, correct ?? In those 5 seconds you were "tanking", your HP took a nice jump to yellow. How long would it take to drop you to red if it took 5 seconds to drop you to yellow ??

Also, they're rangers, and aerns are a beastmen class; they have four accuracy bonus traits. No matter how gimp rangers are, they're not going to have "low accuracy" on a red mage.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Actually, DRG Ix'aern is soloable by a RDM

Step one: Pop the Ix'aern in either the Northeast or the Northwest room because those are the two rooms that have the neat little teleport walls connecting each other.

Step two: Cast Bio II (and Poison II if you're quick) on the Ix'aern.

Step three: Step through the teleporter (this counts as zoning and the DRG will lose hate). Return back through teleporter.

Step four: When you get the message that Bio has worn off, recast it and repeat.

Step five: When his life dips down to like 2-3%, chainspell and Blizzard III him out so that he doesn't die from Bio and you lose the drop.

With manaburn the main thing that you have to keep in mind is that the DRG has shared party hate (like the Darters in Aery). If you try to nuke and zone while in party it will attack other party members, and even if you zone it will still come at you through the teleporter. To fix this, I figured out that you just disband party the second it pops. One person is in charge of keeping Bio on (using the strat above) which keeps him from healing when he goes unclaimed. The BLM simply alternate nuking and zoning one at a time and resting when MP is low. Remember the Ix'aern doesn't aggro so you can sit right next to him. If you don't want the possibility of the Vice (cape) going to one person w/o lotting for it, just have the BLM make a small party and kill it together so it goes into treasure pool.

The DRK I'm almost willing to bet could be beaten with 2-3 people if your kiter knows how to use the columns in the room to keep it from reaching them (Aern pathing sucks around them). Pop Ix'aern, RDM chainspell and gravity both Qn'aern and run back to main hall sleeping everything on the way. Everybody zone to palace at same time and zone back as fast as you can, kiter pulls it and just weaves back and forth in main hall between columns while RDM keeps him alive and kills the Ix'aern. This would be a lot harder than the DRG but I think it's possible. At the very least you could hold the Ix'aern while people got to sea to help out killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Ah yes, I remember that. That was while you were standing next to 2 Aw'Aerns that were due to spawn, correct ?? In those 5 seconds you were "tanking", your HP took a nice jump to yellow. How long would it take to drop you to red if it took 5 seconds to drop you to yellow ??
    I specifically said I tanked 1, but you're a moron with no reading comprehension. I also specifically said several minutes, which had you any memory of the event you're claiming (which your details are off or you're lying as normal to try to put me in a worse light) you'd know I had agro from the two of them for several seconds, not minutes. Different event, before you joined, so as normal, you're wrong and you have no memory of what I'm talking about.

Since you're too stupid to read posts properly, too much of an asshole to reply like a human being, and too egotistical to do anything but try to get epenis by posting stupid shit like that, I'd appreciate it if in the future you do not reply to my posts and waste my and other people's time, unless the post is explicity about you.

Step Six: Guess again

That little trick doesn't work, because that teleporter does NOT count as a zone. The very first time we popped the drg, we tried to zone to clear hate. And ended up having wynavs zone after us to clobber us.

Then there was a disasterrific time that someone aggroed an aern and slept it and zoned. They caught up to us thinking their hate was clear, without mentioning what had happened. Five minutes later an army of aerns (it linked practically the entire map since it didn't take the direct route) descended on us. Five seconds later, we were dead.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

what my ls did was -ga the wynavs and have it in range to hit DRG. but then again we had more than 6ppl so i wouldnt know if that would work with just 6.

Step one: Pop the Ix'aern in either the Northeast or the Northwest room because those are the two rooms that have the neat little teleport walls connecting each other.

Step two: Cast Bio II (and Poison II if you're quick) on the Ix'aern.

Step three: Step through the teleporter (this counts as zoning and the DRG will lose hate). Return back through teleporter.

Step four: When you get the message that Bio has worn off, recast it and repeat.

Step five: When his life dips down to like 2-3%, chainspell and Blizzard III him out so that he doesn't die from Bio and you lose the drop.

With manaburn the main thing that you have to keep in mind is that the DRG has shared party hate (like the Darters in Aery). If you try to nuke and zone while in party it will attack other party members, and even if you zone it will still come at you through the teleporter. To fix this, I figured out that you just disband party the second it pops. One person is in charge of keeping Bio on (using the strat above) which keeps him from healing when he goes unclaimed. The BLM simply alternate nuking and zoning one at a time and resting when MP is low. Remember the Ix'aern doesn't aggro so you can sit right next to him. If you don't want the possibility of the Vice (cape) going to one person w/o lotting for it, just have the BLM make a small party and kill it together so it goes into treasure pool.
    that is very interesting. but danger. the moment u have Ix'DRG run through that port, he can be out of range really quick and link all the aerns that are in between those 2 ports while trying to get to the other person....

happened to me once on those normal aerns... long time before the SMN aern nerf i didnt know where the SMN aern was so i would diaga the aerns to pop their jobs and in hopes of finding it. thinking that runing thru the port would reset hate i ran through. while resting i got raped by like 8 aerns that came thru the portal from behind me.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

6 people can kill either, only takes a tank+brd to hold the adds.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Step 7: Did you read anything that I even typed?

I'll repeat again for you, the Aerns have shared party hate. If you cast Bio on the Ix'aern and step through the teleporter (which is a zone, you will notice BRD songs even wear off when using it and you get a random BC symbol) guess what? It will attack your other party members. If you're now standing on the other side of the teleporter and now the rest of your party steps in the teleporter the Ix'aern will now transfer hate to you and will just move straight through the teleporter linking all the shit between the two on the way (like 4 aerns). So you see them coming and you try to teleport back...but now your other party members are standing there with and Ix'aern, 3 wyverns, and 4 linked aerns coming through.

I've been at every single DRG Ix'aern our LS has killed, and we have done them all this exact way...manaburn party popping and killing. We even killed the Ix'aern when it popped in the SE room one time by training it all the way to the NE teleport and holding it there (BRD finally had something to do) and not letting it get out of the room. I figured out the strat the first time we killed it because the same thing happened to us as what you just mentioned, the Ix'aern kept coming through the porter looking for people until 5/6 of our party died and I was alone. At that point I quickly realized that the zone does in fact work; the problem was the shared party hate was what was killing us. So I disbanded the party, raised people while keeping him bio'd, and we haven't lost since.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The only problem with taking Ix'DRK with a small group is that he is a reraise whore. He's reraised 9 times on us before, and I think a group of 6 might not be able to keep in good health for such a long period of time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah, that's why I think DRK would be a lot harder. You would need to have a NIN tank that is very good at not getting hit by using those columns. At least the DRK stops to cast Stone II and crap a lot which would allow utsusemi to be recast.

As I said, it would probably be best to simply hold the DRK while other people can come help with the actual killing, it would take a long time to kill it even once duo and if it does reraise a lot of times on you you're looking at multiple hours of fighting.

And to whoever said that using the teleport on DRG Ix'aern was dangerous, it's not at all if you're in solo groups. If you want to test what it's like, bring a friend and go up there not in party. One of you aggro any random Aern and then step through the teleport and the other one can see exactly what happens; the Aern stops immediately, puts away it's weapon, and despawns. That's exactly what the Ix'aern does minus the despawn, it will stop immediately when you are registered as "zoning" which is right at the teleport, it will put it's spear away, and will float back to the center of the room where it popped.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    The only problem with taking Ix'DRK with a small group is that he is a reraise whore. He's reraised 9 times on us before, and I think a group of 6 might not be able to keep in good health for such a long period of time.
    Yeah, we had him reraise 9+ times on us. That was back when we had faith in SE and thought they wouldn't screw us with sub 100% drops so there was a trick for 100% drop... the rumour of keeping the Qn alive. Which didn't gaurentee drop.

Try 16 reraises. >________>