Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strider Boots     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider Boots

How much are Strider Boots on you guys' server? I've heard stories of them selling for 60-70 million on some servers, which quite frankly is absurd. But tonight someone was shouting to sell for 19m, so i bought them faster than you can blink an eye. What's the situation like on other servers? Are they actually -selling- for these 40m+ prices?

Last pair sold for 51 mil on Gilgamesh... 19 is a really good deal...

Yea I thought so. I just hope I can sell these things lol, I only have 7m left now >.> Was that 51m from bazaar or AH? I hope it's going for the same even after the mysterious IGE gil disappearance.

That was AH, one before that was 38M

I'm curious to know why everyone makes topics asking about one item... like every day.

Then they ask what the price is on my server. Well ok, if they were cheaper, how would that benefit you anyway? but then again this rant is probably irrelevant because this is freaking BG forums. So maybe it's just out of curiousity.

either way I deem this thread worthy of the "No Shitting" card...

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6352/anreshit9nn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbelina
    I'm curious to know why everyone makes topics asking about one item... like every day.

Then they ask what the price is on my server. Well ok, if they were cheaper, how would that benefit you anyway?
    Maybe because I'm curious how much I can get for them? lol

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

25 without a doubt, probably 50 once IGE has gil again (wait till then to sell)

The problem is, just because something is 50 mil on bahamut doesn't mean it will be 50 mil on another server so when people ask on a daily basis it kind of gets annoying. I don't really care what a haubergeon is worth on valefor, because it holds no relevence to me acquiring one and everyone tosses out big numbers as some sort of e-peen contest on how things are harder on their server. But in order to actually win in my eyes they would really have to prove that a haubergeon costs more and EVERYTHING ELSE on the server costs less. Even the junker items.

Comparing a haubergeon on Valefor to one on Bahamut is about the same as saying "X item costs 80 gold in world of warcraft, how much is a corpion harness on FFXI"

Partially, but I think everyone would agree that items in general acquire much of their value simply through perception. This holds true especially through items that are only sold through bazaars, as the only printed, permanent "price history" is on public forums where people (possibly on other servers) discuss how much said item is on their server.

Let's be honest, are Striders Boots even worth 10 million based on their stats? Probably not. But say you're in the market for some Striders anyway. If there's no price history at all, you have no idea what the "market rate" of striders is. The best you can possibly do to establish a market rate is to ask someone (even on another server) how much Strider's Boots are and perhaps they say, "Well I sold some for 30 million". Well chances are thta person's perception is now that "Strider Boots are worth around 30 million" and they'd be willing to pay that much. If Strider's Boots are 500k on my server and they're 70 million on another server, chances are someone on my server with some boots is going to realize there is a market opportunity for him to somehow get more money for these boots.

This is one of the reasons why items follow such a similar trend in increases and decreases across servers. People go on forums, talk about how such and such item is worth X amount of gil, and it shapes people's perception towards the value of that item. Not only how much they are willing to sell at but how much they are willing to buy at.

So yes, in a sense it does matter how much they are on your server.

Comparing an item in WoW to an item in FFXI is a completely different ballpark. Regardless of server FFXI is the same game, confined by the same rules, with (most likely) approximately equal distribution of gil sellers across all servers, with the same methods of earning gil at the same rate as everyone else on all other servers. Economy in FFXI is controlled mostly by perception, and forums help to shape that perception.

Eh, I actually agree with Divisor on this one... And unlike basically every other post here, it wasn't a OMFG U ALL SUK GTFO LEEV ME ALONE, it was well developed and thought out. Kudos n such.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Let's be honest, are Striders Boots even worth 10 million based on their stats? Probably not.
    Considering they're one of the key items for the job, 10 mil is pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Let's be honest, are Striders Boots even worth 10 million based on their stats? Probably not.
    Considering they're one of the key items for the job
    wtf?

wtf?
    Yeah seriously they suck. Who needs the ability to outrun 95% of mobs, when in an EXP PT one of your major jobs is to pull?! Completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    wtf?
    Yeah seriously they suck. Who needs the ability to outrun 95% of mobs, when in an EXP PT one of your major jobs is to pull?! Completely useless.
    Seriously only noobs must wear Strider Boots.

wtf?
    Pullers usually have shadows for a reason... And what mobs are you pulling that require you to have Striders?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I agree with Koga. When I leveled BRD I was pulling alot of the time. I didn't need striders lol. Hell when I had a THF or RNG pulling they didn't need them either. Shit run in as straight as a line as possible and you will be ok. Toramas and Raptors are a bitch though... well anything that can outrun Flee is lol. But if it can outrun Flee.. Striders aren't going to do you much good anyway.

wtf?
    Oh yea lol remember that update where SE removed the "Flee" ability from THFs?

Seriously, I've pulled every single xp party as THF since I was Lv. 30 or so, I've never once died on a pull. And only about 5% of the time does the mob even remove all my shadows before I get back to camp. The occasional time that it does happen I hit flee, problem solved. Anybody who -needs- Strider Boots to be a successful puller, quite frankly, is a fucking noob. So, yea I'm still failing to see how they are one of the key items for my job.

wtf?
    Oh yea lol remember that update where SE removed the "Flee" ability from THFs?

Seriously, I've pulled every single xp party as THF since I was Lv. 30 or so, I've never once died on a pull. And only about 5% of the time does the mob even remove all my shadows before I get back to camp. The occasional time that it does happen I hit flee, problem solved. Anybody who -needs- Strider Boots to be a successful puller, quite frankly, is a fucking noob. So, yea I'm still failing to see how they are one of the key items for my job.
    The same then could be said of anything. "I still manage to kill a mob without HQ gear, I hit enough % wise...my SATAs do enough...my slug shots hit enough." The excuse can be made for ANY piece of gear in the game that its not necessary....but anyone who denounces the incredible usefulness of +movement speed seriously has not thought it through. 12% movement is the difference between getting aggro and outrunning a train of mobs and surviving while solo. Its the difference between running away from someone in ballista, or running down another person in ballista. Its the difference between being in control of adds at Jorm or Tiamat and outrunning a Corse or bomb. To say that a couple stats of dex or agi outweigh all of the above...is rediculous.

Then again downloading Flee Tool is free, so I can see why most people don't wanna spend 50mil.

Then again downloading Flee Tool is free, so I can see why most people don't wanna spend 50mil.
    lol activating my "Flee" Job Ability is also free, and doesn't require a tool or 50 million. but that's another story...

I'm not saying the boots are bad, just responding that they aren't the "key item for my job" which quite frankly is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Anyway i'm trying to sell these boots not hold them, so i'm not going to get into a discussion about whether they're good or bad. Just that market value is determined by perception and it is what it is.

lol activating my "Flee" Job Ability is also free, and doesn't require a tool or 50 million. but that's another story...
    Hey now, thats called being legit and we don't want any of that here!