+ Reply to Thread
    Xavier

My UO account was hacked and I'm angry

I've had my UO account for 68 months now, been deactived a few times, etc, and while I almost never play the game anymore except during some maints and periods of heavy nostalgia, I did log in about 3 months ago and noticed that some of my things were missing.

I had a house, fully stocked etc, but I noticed that my "Hood of Shadows" or w/e it was called was missing, and that the last 2 vet. reward choices I had stored up for a long time had been used on rewards and were nowhere to be found on the account. I sent a question through the EA help system, and I got this response back;

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online in-game support. I show that you have selected 7 rewards so far (the 3 first year rewards, the 1 second year reward, 1 third year rewards, 1 fourth year reward, and 1 fifth year reward). The last two (a pair of ethereal llama statue) were selected on November 14th of this year, by the character Ender on Atlantic. You should be receiving your next reward in roughly 4 months.
    I NEVER PICKED THE LLAMA.

So basically, my UO account got hacked, someone jacked the rewards you earn for having an account active for a long period of set time, but left my house and just about everything else on the account untouched.

Heres my question, is it wrong that I'm steaming mad that I was somewhat hacked and still care about a game thats over 8 years old that I played mostly in middle/high school?

Most people won't get the topic, but I feel violated and must speak out.

Xavier

lol zigma made a post and I deleted it

rofl opps I did it again

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

man, stop deleting my post fucker.

admin abuse power for the win!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

LOL Zigma

I didn't even know what UO was >_>

But yeah, that sucks

Ultima Online = UO and when I played it on my friend's account it bored me x.x

however.. that sucks for you to lose valuable stuff (well valuable to you) and laughable you care about this game D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

People on this board cannot even begin to comprehend the meaning of "admin abuse" as long as I am not an administrator for these forums.

Bert's already nazi'd me 8) Aly McBeal will have revenge d('-')

E. Body
    BG Level

Moral of this story:

SE are a bunch of faggots who don't give out rewards to people who have 500 fucking days of playtime (me).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Moral of this story:

SE are a bunch of faggots who don't give out rewards to people who have 500 fucking days of playtime (me).
    Your reward is the satisfaction of a job well-done.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I quit a long time ago right after my account had been active for one year after I got my 3 statues. They were selling for like 300k back then, I sold all 3 and gave the 1 mil-ish I made to some random guy running around in Brit. (This was before the Trammel patch). Then I started playing again around Publish 19 and still play a little to this day, but I've never had account jackers being a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

People on this board cannot even begin to comprehend the meaning of "admin abuse" as long as I am not an administrator for these forums.

I make peoples say stuff on mine, its funnayz.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was a beta tester for that game before it came out but never got around to actually installing the discs they sent me. I don't know why either. Ultima 7 was my favorite game of all time back then.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

it has to happen someday.

It might be a hint that nobody cares about what you have to say?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Re: My UO account was hacked and I'm angry

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Heres my question, is it wrong that I'm steaming mad that I was somewhat hacked and still care about a game thats over 8 years old that I played mostly in middle/high school?
    I don't see anything wrong with getting angry about that. You played the game, you were a part of the world, and you left your mark on it. Even if the only person who remembers who you were in the world is yourself, somebody came in and screwed around with that. Even if I were "done" with a game, I wouldn't want to let anyone else take over my account for similar reasons, unless I knew them personally.