Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Healing Staff?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Healing Staff?

I was recently Camping Roc with my LS, and we managed to claim and get the drop. We were thrilled at first, excited that we might get some gil out of it. But now, it comes the point of selling the damn thing <,<. Nobody seems to want it, which is odd to me. it's +50 MP! and it has +10% cure potency? Is something wrong with me, or do people not want the damn staff <,<

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's not that good honestly. People use Dark Staff when resting, and would have to take that out at max MP and put on Healing Staff to make use of the extra MP, when it's easier to just keep a light staff around for all your light spells + Carby + Cures.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never understood what was so great about the Healing Staff when a Light or Apollo's Staff does the same thing. Sure the 50 MP is nice, but most people swap out to a Dark or Pluto's Staff when they rest, you would have to swap the Healing Staff in again once you got full MP to rest for 50 more MP. Just does not seem worth it.

E. Body
    BG Level

I read somewhere on this board that apollo staff heals for more since it has mnd also on it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I read somewhere on this board that apollo staff heals for more since it has mnd also on it.
    It has 2 MND which will only be noticable (If at all) really on Cure V's, and the 2 MND might add 1 point healed if that.

I think 2MND increases the resistance of the Bar Spells by 1 too or something like that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Too much of a PITA to utilize the +50 MP for me...

Good for dedicated WHM's and for MP E-penis, but other than that I can't justify the cost(and inventory) vs. benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taku

Good for dedicated WHM's and for MP E-penis, but other than that I can't justify the cost(and inventory) vs. benefit.
    If you want MP get a Republic Gold Medal

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo

Republican Gold Medal: 〇
    Bastok sucking and being outside nation control 90% of the time: 〇

back in the day, i bought healing staff for 2mil because all the pgs and sekaixs used it from the days when roc and simurgh were like tiamat

that was the only value it held to me over light staff, the haijin appeal

Re: Healing Staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkainis
    I was recently Camping Roc with my LS, and we managed to claim and get the drop. We were thrilled at first, excited that we might get some gil out of it. But now, it comes the point of selling the damn thing <,<. Nobody seems to want it, which is odd to me. it's +50 MP! and it has +10% cure potency? Is something wrong with me, or do people not want the damn staff <,<
    It's good, 50 mp doesn't suck, but I'm sure trying to sell it for 40M isn't helping you.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I always felt the same way about the Errant Hopelade and the Crimson Body.

While the Crimson Body offers int+10 and mnd+10, so does the errant body. And you get enmity-. Too bad you lose some other stats and dont' get the HP/MP+40 business.

Then again, errant body gives hMP... which is really nice.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

My girlfriend uses hers, she always has one last tick with that and Noble's on for quite a bit of extra MP. Sure you might think it doesn't make a difference but both pieces are an extra 400 HP cured or so, so for a big fight it can help. And being a WHM she had the Healing Staff before her Apollo's so she keeps it for that I assume, and the fact that her Healing Staff cost even less than her Apollo's did.

Republican Gold Medal: 〇
    Bastok sucking and being outside nation control 90% of the time: 〇
    Bastok sucking helps you actually, as it gives you MP when you're in an outside of nation controlled area. Unless you weren't complaining, then nevermind.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Yeah, because you totally wear the medal in the main weapon slot. The Healing Staff is a good piece of gear - a WHM should be jumping at the chance to get 50 MP wherever possible, especially when it doesn't eat your HP at the same time. no matter what your race, it's always good to have 'max MP' gear for certain situations. It's not that hard to use the staff effectively. When resting back your MP, right before you're full, just toss it on. Refresh/Ballad/that last tick should bring it up to the new full amount.

Sounds like you're out of luck, dude, servers are full of lazy-ass WHMs now. -.-

Max MP whore WHMs are n00bs. MND please.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn
    WHMs who don't realize all gear and stats are situational, and one piece of gear isnt necessarily better then another are n00bs.
    Fixed.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Or you could, you know, have gear for BOTH max MP and MND. >.>

Equip change macros?!?!? WHAT R THOZE?!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn
    WHMs who don't realize all gear and stats are situational, and one piece of gear isnt necessarily better then another are n00bs.
    Fixed.
    /cheer

My whm is mostly used for two things:

a) soloing or duoing
    b) HNM type stuff

I don't enfeeble unless I'm soloing, and if I'm soloing I'm using melee equipment not mnd gear, and chances are my enfeebs will land on something I am soloing anyway since they are EP or less. In HNM, MP > MND. Feel free to load up on +MND for a big fight but your cures for 10 mp more than me won't mean squat if you have to rest every minute.

When I exp whm I have macros for mnd gear/ele staves if I have to enfeeble, but for the most part I focus on +MP and +hmp for endurance.

I love my healing staff, but I also love my Apollos, although now I use it mostly for divine spells =) Healing staff, republic gold medal, heiarch belt are awesome because thats 148 MP without taking any HP off. Who wouldn't drool over that? Honestly, I didn't get my Healing staff till about 6-7 months ago, and I just bought apollo's for my smn, and for a long time I did just fine with my light staff for both. Healing staff is completely a novelty item but at this point it is auto-pilot for me to equip healing staff for that last tick. I got used to using it.

Another combo that people seem to like is askalepos (I think I screwed that spelling up)/astral aspis, I believe that adds +60 MP. However if I recall correctly the shield takes HP away and the club is only +5% cure potency. But these two items are easier to get than healing staff since both are r/e, unless you can afford the staff and don't have to camp Roc.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Max MP is only useful for showing off how much MP you can get

I wouldn't really look down on someone using Healing Staff, but it's not any better than Light or Apollo's. Had a Healing Staff for a while and sold it. Never use my Zenith gear except for maybe feet =/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast