Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RMT Countermeasures o_O     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

9375 Million is not that much? PER SERVER THOUGH?
    Its the beginning, and only a matter of time till more is happening.

100 ppl could buy 93,5 Million for that gil, would giv IGE with the current price :

159.281,25 Dollar JUST FOR BAHAMUT.

All servers :

Since 100M cost 1699 Dollar :

1699/100*300.000.000.000 =
    5.097.000 DOLLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!
    Or did i make a mistake? lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

yes, its 5M $ loss

poor GS that's too bad

Quote Originally Posted by bercus

100 ppl could buy 93,5 Million for that gil, would giv IGE with the current price :

All servers :

Profit and estimation of profit aren't the same things. A median between saleprices now and christmas and a median of sale-amounts now and christmas would be a more clear indication.

I'm not sure if they're missing out on 5m pure profit its more of a rough estimation. Also who the hell can pay 1699 dollar for virtual currency thats 2 months mortgage.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jahuran
    Its a nice sum and all but I don't find it that impressive. I don't want to piss in anyones cereal here.
    Lets make a simple calculation with just the rustycap problem that I believe existed for 6 months.
    Bare with me while I make this calculation:

Lets assume a fishbot could pull up 30 caps a day and successfully synth them to padded caps and sell them to the npc for 2000g+ something in that region.

Now lets underestimate the situation and say the average profit for every cap was 1000g(insect paste for catching it and light crystal to restore it).

(6 monthsx30days)x30caps a day=5400x1000g profit from the npc=5400000g pure new money. From 1 account.

Now we divide the entire gil cut (across all servers) by 1 account
    300,000000000g/5400000g=55555 This means that at least 55 thousand accounts would have to have been fishbotting like crazy 24hours a day for 6 whole months if that was the only source for all this gil. Now lets assume every server has their fair share of gilsellers except LOLAtomos. 55555/30servers=1851accounts per server fishbotting.

Now lets assume gilfarmers aren't completely retarded and they put up like 5 or 6 pcs each to (like the teams often did) fish this stuff. So we had 1851 accounts per server fishbotting and basically all those fishermen were operations of 6 people controlled by one gilfarmer. 1851 characters/6=308 people doing their thing to get gil per server controlling 6 people each.

Is it just me or is 300billion not that impressive?
    I fishbotted 500k a day when the rusty cap thing was there, for about 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    Its a nice sum and all but I don't find it that impressive. I don't want to piss in anyones cereal here.
    Lets make a simple calculation with just the rustycap problem that I believe existed for 6 months.
    Bare with me while I make this calculation:

Lets assume a fishbot could pull up 30 caps a day and successfully synth them to padded caps and sell them to the npc for 2000g+ something in that region.

Now lets underestimate the situation and say the average profit for every cap was 1000g(insect paste for catching it and light crystal to restore it).

(6 monthsx30days)x30caps a day=5400x1000g profit from the npc=5400000g pure new money. From 1 account.

Now we divide the entire gil cut (across all servers) by 1 account
    300,000000000g/5400000g=55555 This means that at least 55 thousand accounts would have to have been fishbotting like crazy 24hours a day for 6 whole months if that was the only source for all this gil. Now lets assume every server has their fair share of gilsellers except LOLAtomos. 55555/30servers=1851accounts per server fishbotting.

Now lets assume gilfarmers aren't completely retarded and they put up like 5 or 6 pcs each to (like the teams often did) fish this stuff. So we had 1851 accounts per server fishbotting and basically all those fishermen were operations of 6 people controlled by one gilfarmer. 1851 characters/6=308 people doing their thing to get gil per server controlling 6 people each.

Is it just me or is 300billion not that impressive?
    I fishbotted 500k a day when the rusty cap thing was there, for about 2 months.
    I came to late for the rusty cap fad and people told me they fished /synthed 30 caps a night either they were lying or just horrible fishermen.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I could easily get 50/50 rusty caps overnight. They sold to npc's for 3.5k by the way.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yes, but...

What about all the taxes that have been taken out from the really high prices? 15mil SH, which were selling fairly often, are 300k taxes, SH+1 was 40mil...800k tax. Peacock charms 35mil...700k tax. These were selling on the AH at some frequency over the last couple months at least for the big ticket items.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    Some people saying it isn't impressive but its a nice start though.
    good work se, hope you keep it up.

weskit back down to 6m~ on garuda, and its definatly a buyers market for most things now.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry SE, but all the old gilseller faces remain.
    All they did was ban the mules, but they left pretty much every gilseller acct unscathed.

its like the FBI busting a huge coccaine/heroin ring, but instead of arresting people, they just take the drugs...only the drugs, leaving everything else, so they can just make more drugs.

SE put a temporary roadblock on the economies decline, but if they're not banning gilsellers so they can get that extra 12$/month for every account, they economy will continue to decline at a rapid rate.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Sorry SE, but all the old gilseller faces remain.
    All they did was ban the mules, but they left pretty much every gilseller acct unscathed.

its like the FBI busted a huge coccaine/heroin ring, but instead of arresting someone, they just took the drugs...only the drugs. They left everything else.
    At least as far as prices on most servers sound it had an effect though, and a positive one. It's not an outright removal off all the gilsellers, but it's a good change.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think they did a great job.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I wonder if this has any relation to what happened yesterday in Uggalepih. There was a person named Pirater there, who I have no idea if he is a gilseller or not but he was killing Habetrot since 10 PM my time to 5PM NEXT day.

I called a GM and asked if monopolization was prohibited. She said yes and then later another GM said no (Teelow ftw). After speaking with a senior GM tho, the person who was there farming suddenly vanished.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

it's a start, and it's better than nothing.

we went from sellers realizing then could sell things at whatever cost they want, to gil holding accounts being banned, gil tripling in cost, and seeing things like 10 SH on the AH with no one buying.

now it's a buyers market. ive watched several things get listed and returned.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

At least 50% of all the items stockpiled on AH and less than 1/3 selling is people thinking they can still play the market, they bought a few awhile ago cheap and now want to sell high, but its not working.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bercus

All servers :

Profit and estimation of profit aren't the same things. A median between saleprices now and christmas and a median of sale-amounts now and christmas would be a more clear indication.

I'm not sure if they're missing out on 5m pure profit its more of a rough estimation. Also who the hell can pay 1699 dollar for virtual currency thats 2 months mortgage.
    That was more meant to show how hard it hurts them and how high the money is that they got owned.

Even if they sell the currency for 900$ per 100M.
    2,500,000 Dollar whatever its more money then most of us will ever have.

This is a good job. Shame retards are like "blah blah blah, not good enough, wave a magic rod and remove all the gilfarmers!" Get over it, at least they did something, and they did it right. Kudo SE, keep it up. It's nice that there is no gil for sale on my server.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Too little, too late...in my opinion.

I may be wrong however.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

This makes me very happy. :wink:

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not saying its a bad thing, but read my analogy again...

SE needs to follow up and get rid of some of the gilsellers to have an impact. All SE did was put a little pressure on IGE, and now their employees are going to have to work twice as hard to get that money back.

A few serkets, a few CC's (cassie, not credit card), a few Simurgh's, whore the fuck out of sky when those NM windows arent open...throw 2 ppl at Friar Rush, a few ppl farming some of those lesser cloths (Taffeta, Chevriot(sp?), etc)...

It was a harsh blow, but it's easily recoverable, since IGE still has the means to make that gil back right away. Now SE needs to do some grade-1 detective work:
    "Oh, theres 800 accounts on all servers, who constantly traded their gil to these mules we banned, all of which are on the same IP." I wonder if there is any correlation to these 800 accounts and the accounts we banned. This doesnt even involve SE spending their precious yen on IGE, its a few minutes of looking at their server side database that tracks the IP of users when they log in (they do have this, dont they?).

I'm suprised no one mentionned how those UAEers must be slashing their wrists...

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    This makes me very happy. :wink:
    Same here. I'm glad they are acknowledging that their economy went to shit over christmas and that they did something about it. While we all would've thought up something better, its still something.