Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NM Harajnite     submit to reddit submit to twitter

NM Harajnite

Anyone know anything about this NM? I can't find much info on him it say's he's a fished up NM and he drops the main ingredient for iqira feet piece. Do you gotta be high lvl fishing skill to get him? Can he only be fished every 24 hours? I've never done NM's that are fished up before.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The manaclipper ride is really short so you'll need a fkton of people ready to kill it when it pops + ready to pass on the item.

you think 3-5 blm could do it and just nuke it when it comes outa its shell?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dunno. I fished it up once then some lvl 56 PLD voked it immediatly and CFH on it. I was too pissed off to nuke it to see its hp/resistance so I let him die and never fished it again.

Maybe... I seem to recall some people that did it in like a group of five.

But it's a shame that those feet are outdone in every way by BLM AF2 feet. And mind you, those are much easier to get.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

you cant solo it, dont even bother trying.

Someone fished it up for shits n giggles in my old LS while we were heading to Shen...most blm's were afk, but I think 5 nukes in 10 sec before docking did like 85-90%.

well was it in it's shell when you nuked it 5 times? dmg is reduced like 80% when it's in its shell

edit: I wasn't planning to solo it I would bring help

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    well was it in it's shell when you nuked it 5 times? dmg is reduced like 80% when it's in its shell

edit: I wasn't planning to solo it I would bring help
    Just go do fucking Dynamis-Jeuno until you get your boots.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've fought it twice a long time ago. One time we had about 3 BLMs and a THF/WAR. It's an Urganite and goes into it's shell often, at which point Tier IV nukes did about 100 damage. Out of it's shell I think nukes did about 6-700 damage. Think we got it to about 40%-ish before we ran out of time and mp. It didn't have much regen and didn't hit too hard. It's accuracy was pretty low too if I remember right (The THF didn't get hit much). Hardest part was trying to time nukes to land while he was out of his shell, but he would stay in it for long periods of time and didn't stay out too long. I didn't notice how much damage the THF did to it so no idea how vulnerable it is to melee.

Edit - If you're good at timing the nukes and fish it up fast enough, I'm pretty sure 4-5 BLMs could kill it before the ride ended.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

or just get rostrum pumps which are better anyways.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    The manaclipper ride is really short so you'll need a fkton of people ready to kill it when it pops + ready to pass on the item.
    quartermaster makes the latter part unneeded

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by riggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Oh yeah I forget about that.

And rostrum pumps blow lol. Didnt we have this discussion like a few days ago?

rostrum pumps aren't better blm doesn't need fast cast.

I think rostrums are better than the jse boots. Enmity +2? On a blm? I still think that was a mistake on SE's part.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    I think rostrums are better than the jse boots. Enmity +2? On a blm? I still think that was a mistake on SE's part.
    Not really. A lot of Black Mages neglect their evasion skill.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I capped Evasion before I capped Elemental when I hit 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    What evasion skill?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

[quote=Not Kuno]
    Quote Originally Posted by riggy
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not Kuno":89d8b
    Oh yeah I forget about that.

And rostrum pumps blow lol. Didnt we have this discussion like a few days ago?[/quote:89d8b]

bc between the 3 boots there is such a huge noticable difference in performance

fact is rostrum pumps are easier to get and they have the same general effect on blm's performance. i threw those out as an option, for those who dont want to sit in dynamis jeuno for 3 months, or camp the manaclipper for the rest of their lives.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What you need to kill this NM is pretty easy actually just few people want it so you dont hear about it. It does an AOE poison that does alot of damage, blm sub whm to help poisona the party. For damage you need high damage ws or ws spam when its out of its shell. Blms timing it to get full damage when it comes out is very difficult and not worth it. When i got the shell all we had was about 8 people MNK RDM PLD SAM SAM (one was only like lvl 69 still did great ws spam when out of shell) BLM BLM WHM, or something to that effect. Everyone needs to be fishing, with about 3-4 of us fishing it still took a total of about 5 hrs riding the boat to get him early enough in the boat ride to fight him and win, and still had to pass super fast for someone to get the shell before the ride was over. Also it was luck that the first time we managed to beat him before the ride was over the shell dropped. If you really want that final igqira piece and have friends to help you by all means go for it, but its really pretty shitty and has no use other than completions sake. Final note to any blms in this fight, youll mainly be helping to poisona and cure, and slipping in tier I and II nukes b/c they are easier to land when its out of shell, do not waste time if it pops trying to get your tier IVs on it, its a waste of time, something you wont have much of.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Bring about 8 people with you. At least one healer since your hp drop fast, and a few good DD.

It's the minimum if you want to kill it in time, otherwise, you will just end up wasting the loot. Bringing more is recommanded because you won't always fish it up early.