Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

NIN/BLMs, any Info /welcome

Old topic by now. Alot of people combined these two jobs (NIN/BLM) went up to exp pts/sky guardians and spammed the Elemental wheel with varrying results. Most say the dmg is pretty bad compared to the output of other conventional DD. But some say when this combination of jobs is played seriously (Max +Magic ATK Bonus gear, +INT, + Ninjitsu Skill) that this combo is pretty deadly. If there are NIN/BLMs , who know the truth, please report.
    discuss

Little Mother
    BG Level

Real ninjas use shurikens.

Okay okay, fine, I'll be nice. Here's a topic about it =p

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.h...63982367;num=1

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

yeah, that's a very viable option, one i've explored with some nice results.

at lvl 53 i whent NIN/BLM exping off crabs in tunnle. i put on mold. earring on, one INT ring, and had ele staffs macroed in for every spell. the dmg was very nice doing from 95-100dmg per spell. voke was not needed at all with me hiting has hard as a rng but every 3 or so sec each spell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Guys, I think MNK/RDM would be a devastating combo. Think about it: you get the JA of a MNK with the spells of a Red Mage. Enthunder may not add a lot per hit, but since MNKs are all about DoT, it would add up.

Additionally, you would be able to Cure and Regen yourself. And with Phalanx /Blaze Spikes, you would be a nearly invincible tank.

Naturally, I haven't tried it myself, but I think people need to think outside the box and not be so rigid with subjobs. I'll report back on the results after my next KRT party.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well, that is more DMG than a normal nin/war would do at that level. I think i was doing 60-80sh per spell at that lvl as nin/war.

EDIT: and yeah, look at the success IRON has with war/whm. <3 new ideas and combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Guys, I think MNK/RDM would be a devastating combo. Think about it: you get the JA of a MNK with the spells of a Red Mage. Enthunder may not add a lot per hit, but since MNKs are all about DoT, it would add up.

Additionally, you would be able to Cure and Regen yourself. And with Phalanx /Blaze Spikes, you would be a nearly invincible tank.

Naturally, I haven't tried it myself, but I think people need to think outside the box and not be so rigid with subjobs. I'll report back on the results after my next KRT party.
    LMAO

I think I remember that post, or something similar.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Remember that time a guy in alla claimed that mnk/blm would be the best tank in the game because of shockspikes (and nothing else)?

Me too.

P.S. Mifaco's satire should get him a nobel peace prize.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Ice spikes, actually. Jingy ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed
    Well, that is more DMG than a normal nin/war would do at that level. I think i was doing 60-80sh per spell at that lvl as nin/war.

EDIT: and yeah, look at the success IRON has with war/whm. <3 new ideas and combos.
    yes you could realy tell a diff. in the dmg for spells with the right gear and set up NIN/BLM but, using the ele staffs left me to use only spells as the main sorce of dmg, and nin tools on asura are... ya asura need to say more?lol go to exp as NIN/BLM become broke very fast

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Do nin/rdm and not nin/blm. nin/rdm will give you access to fast cast which is basically a free 5% haste on your spells. You also get the same magic atk. bonus as you would from subbing blm, but possibly 1 or 2 less int.

I used this at 51-53ish in kuftal on crabs with a full set of staves. It was a 6 man party and we had 2 nin/rdms that were the tanks. For best results get a moldavite, morion/cunning earring, 2 HQ level 36 rings and your AF Head.

This combo thins out quite a bit when you finally get blade:jin. I have no doubt that I'd outparse a NIN/RDM right now at level 70 with just my katanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    This combo thins out quite a bit when you finally get blade:jin. I have no doubt that I'd outparse a NIN/RDM right now at level 70 with just my katanas.
    XD /RDM sounds like it would of ben fun too wish i would of tryed it befor i got Jin lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

well, that's very true for exp pts. Melee such as nin, mnk and war just have the right dynamics for dmg end game in exp pts. Mainly because we exp off VT's.

But lets look outside the exp world. High NM's , wyrms, guardians, etc.
    Katana's are pretty useless. BLMs, RDMs and SMNs blow melee away. This is the focus of my question really.

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/2...rodeath6og.jpg

I win :D

I was practically naked, I didn't have any INT+ gear aside from the Yasha Samue, I did that with a NQ Ice Staff, Koga Hatsuburi, Moldavite Earring, and BLM sub. also I'm sure the Toro had weak magic resistance anyways so I'm not bragging, but Damage does get high compared to the 70-90dmg I'd normally do when subbed Warrior. Just sub BLM and come equipped for it. Doesn't work too well on higher level mobs like Dynamis, I tried once just for the heck of it, resisted way too much.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Once you get higher it's sorta underpowered, but coming from a mage background with all HQ staves and knowledge of 16-slot equip macros it's fucking devasting from 51-6x. I used below 51 but results aren't as nice.

NIN/RDM with swift belt and fumas and haste is about 2 second delay between wheels. It's incredibly overpowered. My average parsed damage when I don't have to 100% tank (which is my recommended way) is about 35-40% of the party's damage.

If I have to actually tank it drops to like 25-28%, which is still insane for a tank slot.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

at high level, sub war and use DD gear, and you get katana swings for 80+ instead of shitty magic

but magic is cooooooooooool and it costs more.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

this is all great but is there any information or tests of people trying this on say KB or kirin.. or anything other than an XP mob? taru NIN/BLM with full INT gear/MAB gear could prolly get off 200+ damage nukes on HNMs.

be interesting to see tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TT
    this is all great but is there any information or tests of people trying this on say KB or kirin.. or anything other than an XP mob? taru NIN/BLM with full INT gear/MAB gear could prolly get off 200+ damage nukes on HNMs.

be interesting to see tho.
    Don't work real well. Theres potential to get those numbers but you probably wone because of resists. Leave the nuking to the BLM's.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    at high level, sub war and use DD gear, and you get katana swings for 80+ instead of shitty magic
    Yes indeed, I outparse a hell of a lot of people I exp with now thanks to a giant crit rate, fast attacking, and the oh so sexy Nin. Tekko+1 and Brutal Earring.

NIN/RDM (yes use /RDM and not /BLM like someone said) is good for things highly resistant to damage. This involves not many mobs, so it's really not too practical to work on a NIN getting HQ staves and such. It would also be useful for mobs that are kited, but any NIN who goes to a fight like that and doesn't plan to tank should quit the job imo <.<