+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Getting lucky and buying an uber item off of AH for a steal.

Just random thought here, I'm pretty sure most here would refund some if not all of a buyers gil if they mistakenly overbid an item, i.e buying chain mittens for 250k, when you meant to buy barons mitts.

But on a totally different aspect, if you saw an item on AH you know hasnt been up there alot or ever(genie weskit, gaiters), you place a safe bet of 10k up to 1mil and win item (seller was trying to sell to self) would you return the item, and/or make the buyer pay a certain sum of money to get it back? or is it his loss completely? Just curious and mildly bored atm.

i'd probably give it back if they didn't mean to, but i think they deserve it back less than someone who buys the wrong item, because that is easier to fuck up.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

To make intention of my post more clear, I'm concerned with what you would do if you bought a genie weskit(example) for 20k, because seller popped it up there for 1 minute, in other words, his loss or sympathy?

Re: Getting lucky and buying an uber item off of AH for a st

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    Just random thought here, I'm pretty sure most here would refund some if not all of a buyers gil if they mistakenly overbid an item, i.e buying chain mittens for 250k, when you meant to buy barons mitts.

But on a totally different aspect, if you saw an item on AH you know hasnt been up there alot or ever(genie weskit, gaiters), you place a safe bet of 10k up to 1mil and win item (seller was trying to sell to self) would you return the item, and/or make the buyer pay a certain sum of money to get it back? or is it his loss completely? Just curious and mildly bored atm.
    I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that. I'm really hard on myself on so many aspects...and I'd be tossing and turning in my sleep having that on my mind forever. So yeah, I'd return it. About the only thing I would leave up to the person is if they overpaid something of mine, I'd leave it up to them to get it back and contact me. It was their mistake, and if they want the gil back badly enough, a simple /tell is all it would take.

Supreme Court case of 2005 fame Heartily&Soi vs the Board of Education holds the answer

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

To make intention of my post more clear, I'm concerned with what you would do if you bought a genie weskit(example) for 20k, because seller popped it up there for 1 minute, in other words, his loss or sympathy?
    I smell a drama thread coming on...

I'd keep it personally...

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'd give it back to them unless they act like an assmole about it.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by ElSugahpie
    I'd give it back to them unless they act like an assmole about it.
    ya, it'd all be in the first 20 seconds of contact for me.

If the tell started, "hay u piece of shit u bought my gear 4 a fake price give it back now bitch", sorry, finders keepers.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

uh, if someone threw something up on the AH for e-penis factor, just to buy it back yourself, you got burned son.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    uh, if someone threw something up on the AH for e-penis factor, just to buy it back yourself, you got burned son.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Situational switch. If I bought an item for a great deal more, I would be pissed as hell. But you know what? I was a dumbass for not paying attention on what I was buying and how much it cost. So its my own stupid fault.

Sure I may try to /t who I bought the item from, but I wouldnt expect to get gil back.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Buy from mule, keep it.

Buy from main char where you can catch drama, do what xav says.

I really dont like people selling kraken clubs to themselves for 1 gil, and there is a deep urge inside me to catch them one day and watch them burn~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

didnt someone buy a nobles tunic from the ah for like 10k once when they were 10m and it was some huge deal because it was worldx who sold it, this was back when nobles were a huge deal too

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'd give it back to anyone I don't know or know and I like. I only wouldn't give it back to some people I don't like (RMT and some other bithces I met in the past)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Depends... someone I know; I'd definately return it.

Someone I dislike, probably not.

Total stranger, if they ask nicely.

Know gilbuyer, hacker, botter or gilseller, no chance.

E. Body
    BG Level

I would give it back to anyone I liked or disliked, unless it was a gilseller/gilbuyer/botter.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so you got a kraken club for 10k because someone wanted e-peen factor of their name on the AH...

if you're gonna lie, make it believable.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I wouldn't. People don't need to sell things to themselves. There's no rule that states "If you get x rare item, you must resell to yourself over the AH for 10g." So why are they doing it? To show off. I'll show off that I bought it for 10g, then.

On the other hand, if someone overbid an item I was selling, I'd give them the difference because I'm not mean like that >.>

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8373/cassie7wp.png

Sent me a tell, didn't yell or scream, didn't treat me like an asshole so I gave it back. Could have profited 5million at the time.

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6...sale8xc.th.jpg

I posted about this before, but it's related to the topic. Bought a speed belt from gilseller's bazaar for 3.6m, got more pics of that.. but didn't sell back for obvious reasons...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    I smell a drama thread coming on...

I'd keep it personally...
    just like that kraken club you almost stole? LOL