Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Mage     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    JP guy in my LS says it's going around JP forums that Time Mage is the 3rd job that's going to be announced for the expansion.

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    JP guy in my LS says it's going around JP forums that they are nerfing BLM so that the more they cast a spell the more expensive it is to cast and that it's going to be announced for the expansion.
    JP guy in my LS says end of world is coming and its soon to be a spell that costs all of BLM power and wipes the auction houses clean of RMT. It is going to be announced that GilFarmer is 3rd job that's going to be announced for the expansion.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwagon
    JP guy in my LS says it's going around JP forums that Time Mage is the 3rd job that's going to be announced for the expansion.

Discuss.
    JP guy in my LS says it's going around JP forums that they are nerfing BLM so that the more they cast a spell the more expensive it is to cast and that it's going to be announced for the expansion.
    JP guy in my LS says end of world is coming and its soon to be a spell that costs all of BLM power and wipes the auction houses clean of RMT. It is going to be announced that GilFarmer is 3rd job that's going to be announced for the expansion.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/NotKuno/shiz.jpg

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwagon

Discuss.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/NotKuno/shiz.jpg
    whoa!

Kuno wins the thread.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So hay Blue Mage = Megaman??

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

well id have to say that time mage wont happen. to be honest SE has never mentioned anything about the time mage, whereas they have mentioned in prior interviews that they were muling over "pirate" i.e. corsair, and of course blue mage. also for all the reasons ppl have brought up here id have to say that time mage is not going to happen. also SE has been quoted that there is a need for a tank and refreshing job i assume that the corsair will be the refresher, and blue mage appears to be a melee...so i am guessing the next job will be a tank...i suppose that we will have to wait till the fan festival to find out, notice that there is a special announcement the first night of the festival i imagine that will be when they announce it

Quote Originally Posted by achillios
    well id have to say that time mage wont happen. to be honest SE has never mentioned anything about the time mage, whereas they have mentioned in prior interviews that they were muling over "pirate" i.e. corsair, and of course blue mage. also for all the reasons ppl have brought up here id have to say that time mage is not going to happen. also SE has been quoted that there is a need for a tank and refreshing job i assume that the corsair will be the refresher, and blue mage appears to be a melee...so i am guessing the next job will be a tank...i suppose that we will have to wait till the fan festival to find out, notice that there is a special announcement the first night of the festival i imagine that will be when they announce it
    Umm, the only jobs in FFXI are jobs that were in previous FF games. There are about 3-4 of those left, including Blue Mage etc. Time Mage is also one of those, and there is no tanking job in that set. So, yea..

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Werent they interviewed recently and said that they wont be nerfing BLM?
    I don't really think SE will do such a thing to Black Mages... Personally I have never seen anyone "throw more black mages at it," like alot of people who say BLM should be nerfed say. The only times I see this are in Divine Might Shout parties, and KS30 Shout parties... although usually, the person setting up these parties is some melee job, like DRG or DRK or THF or something, and will only allow Black Mages to join, sort of a hypocrit... bastard..

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiz Nickel
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Heh, didn't know you screenshotted that. 8)

As far as Time Mage goes, I doubt there would be a large enough selection of spells to make it a new job. Even if they released additional tiers to the current "time" spells such as slow, it wouldn't be enough. I myself would hope for Geomancer.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Umm, the only jobs in FFXI are jobs that were in previous FF games. There are about 3-4 of those left, including Blue Mage etc. Time Mage is also one of those, and there is no tanking job in that set. So, yea..
    You know, they will run out of jobs from the older games eventually and will have to make new ones to fit the criteria of needed jobs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I dont see time mage possible in FFXI.

FFXI doesnt like to give the players an upper hand ever, which is why we dont get moves in the old FF games like "Evade and Counter" from berserker in FFX-2, spells such as Break(Petrify) and Death(1 shot mobs) are missing from our base, Confuse, a famous BLM spell is missing, Ultima is missing, etc.

Anything that makes a player too strong will not be in FFXI. Time mage had abilities in previous FF that rewound time to the last 3 actions (reversing deaths even), complete time stop, Demi (aoe that reduced HP of all mobs by 1/4, many special mobs were immune to it, think NM), Hastega, Slowga, Stop(the one spell that we wouldnt get unless it lasted for 2 seconds. Just imagine you get a KRT pt with a time mage, he casts stop on the mob, it lasts 10 seconds, the mob doesnt fight back and now it's dead), etc.

Time mage is too strong for FFXI. Unless the devs change jobs to actually not be afraid of DC/EM aggro, I cant see them sticking it in without butchering the classic time mage.

Also, time mages were the ones with turbans right? They already stole that on the blue mage.

I am however, starting to beleive that the Blue mage or RDM or BLM are going to get confuse in the next change, if blue mage spells have to be "learned", because some of the defensive abilities would need to be cast on you yourself.
    Im guessing it's gonna be like FF8, Blue mage abilities learned from scrolls, which you can buy from NPC or AH. Certain mobs drop their own blue magic.

your sig owns Shiznicle

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiz Nickel
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    your sig owns Shiznicle
    ;3

Banned.

BG Level

e

geomancer will be the next job announced...secret JP sources told me

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    BUT THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE PRETTY PRETTY PRINCESS!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    I thought it was Magic Girl!, I mean they already have the model for their AF wand in the game!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    I thought it was Magic Girl!, I mean they already have the model for their AF wand in the game!?!?!?
    Fighting evil by moonlight
    winning love by daylight
    never fighting in a real fight

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Fighting evil by moonlight
    winning love by daylight
    never fighting in a real fight
    and septimus will level that job to 75 and break the game

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

seriously doubt they will be adding any job that is not a classic ff job or combined (cosair) from 2 old existing ff jobs. SE said jobs will always remain true to the game when it was released.

Dunno where ppl getting necromancer from