Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Mage     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Time Mage

JP guy in my LS says it's going around JP forums that Time Mage is the 3rd job that's going to be announced for the expansion.

Discuss.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't rdm already have alot of the time mage abilities?

Yea, i was trying to think of abilities that they could give Time Mage, but I can't think of many. Float maybe, and Reflect. Possibly Warp 3

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Don't rdm already have alot of the time mage abilities?
    Doesn't rdm already have a lot of the whm abilities?

Also maybe higher tier versions of existing RDM spells. Gravity II, for instance.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wouldn't that kinda make rdm completly useless? May as well give time mages refresh.

Haste II would probably negate any need for march, or give haste special properties so it can't be overwritten with Slowga I TP moves or spells.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Hastega, Slowga, Haste II, Slow II, Gravity II, Graviga, Comet, Demi(?), Meteor(?)... Reflect possibly... Float would be interesting avoiding "ground type damage" like Touchdown and maybe Quake. A version of tractor where you don't need to die first? I can imagine the GM calls for tele-hacking...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I made a post of some ideas a friend and I had brainstormed about things including Time Mage. I posted them but not here. So I'll X-post it...

First, make a Time Magic Skill. Whm and rdm will be granted this. Haste/slow will be given to this category. The point of haste/slow to be given to this category is because we're going to slightly change how haste/slow work. Not only will skill help you land slow, but it'll increase potency. This will also work for haste, it will increase potency of the haste spell. Haste will no longer be a set determined +haste%, it will be dependent on skill, similar to enhancing magic and phalanx.

Quick will be a spell Time Mage can use. Quick will be a spell that grants a certain amount of +store TP. The amount of +store TP could be constant or depend on skill level, as of now, I'm not sure which would be the best idea.

Stop will be implemented. Stop will be similar to stun, as it will stop the actions of a mob for a short moment of time. However, it will be different from Stun because it will NOT stop the mob from performing the ability or casting the spell that Stun would interrupt. Basically if the mob starts casting Blizzard, you can stop it. When it becomes un-Stopped (good word, I know) it will STILL cast that spell. This will be useful but certainly not overpowered. Also I think it could be best to make Stun unable to overwrite Stop, so you cannot merely Stop -> Stun everything.

Demi will also be used for Time Mage. However, it will not be the usual 1/4 hp. It will be closer to 1/8, with resists possible and this will be immune on mobs a certain level of difficulty above you (basically, all HNM's). It will have a long recast so it will be similar to a smn in implementation, damage once every minute or so, and the job focus' on other things in between.

Gravity will be a time mage usable spell. As of now I'm not sure whether this should be taken from rdm's and put into Time Magic or if it should stay under enfeebling and grant the Time mage an Enfeebling magic skill. I suppose if these ideas were taken into account, SE could decide this.

Other potential spells for Time Mage: Haste II, Slow II, Comet, Hastega, Slowga.

Other ideas:

For a sort of Necromancer class: Summoning would be done using MP, but there would be no mp used when controlling the pet. It would be a weaker melee version of drk, with drain/aspir and some other spells + pet. However, potential spell would absorb tp from a monster. This would be more of a solo class but could make some uses in an HNM or party situation.

A new line of spells could be introduced, possibly for a Geomancer class, but no idea on actual implementation that would grant a target a Killer effect. So if you're in the jungle fighting mandies, a mage could cast Plantoid Killer on the tank and the tank would be given a basic Killer trait for a set period of time. With the Killer line of spells you could potentially go for a lot of +killer effects to tank a monster and forget vit/def/evasion a bit. It would offer a different option in how you play this game, which I think would make the game better for us all as well as more challenging while still requiring us to work to be able to adapt to the situation and how you fight each monster.

A form of drain/aspir-like spell that is used on a party member. As in, you can cast a spell on your paladin and they recover 50mp while you consume 50mp. This would be different from Refresh because it would be instantaneous and not over time. And it could also be used in combination with that spell.

A spell cast on an enemy that works the opposite of Quick. It will reduce tp gained by the mob. This idea will hopefully make it so melees can participate in HNM fights and such more, while not having SE have to completely obliterate all their ideas on this.

This was posted on Alla, but not many people commented about it. So we'll see how it goes here >.> One of the responding posts had a good idea though:

I also heard another suggestion for Quick, that it heightens "metabolism" and decreases the time between "ticks" while resting HP/MP. This perhaps would replace refresh/ballad and add another job to the "support slot".

E. Body
    BG Level

Your idea of stop is the same as Stun though, is it not? Stun doesn't make them forget about casting etc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Your idea of stop is the same as Stun though, is it not? Stun doesn't make them forget about casting etc.
    Stun interrupts spells. Stop does not.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    So what you're saying is If tiamat is 50% through ga3, and someone lands stop, it will be stunned then once the effect wears off it'll continue casting from that 50%? Interesting.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    So what you're saying is If tiamat is 50% through ga3, and someone lands stop, it will be stunned then once the effect wears off it'll continue casting from that 50%? Interesting.
    stop sounds pretty damn useless

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    stop sounds pretty damn useless
    If it's not able to be resisted it sounds very useful on mobs which can resist stun. Combine it with other abilities which you can think of for Time Mage. E.g. a tractor which doesn't require the target to be dead.

Scenario:
    Unstunnable mob casts Burst 2 on PLD tank.
    Time Mage casts Stop on Unstunnable mob
    Time Mage casts Tractor II on tank.
    Tank is now out of range of Burst 2.

Stop would basically be a way of buying a few seconds time. There are plenty of situations where a few seconds makes the difference between winning and not winning.

JP guy in my LS says it's going around JP forums that they are nerfing BLM so that the more they cast a spell the more expensive it is to cast and that it's going to be announced for the expansion.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    JP guy in my LS says it's going around JP forums that they are nerfing BLM so that the more they cast a spell the more expensive it is to cast and that it's going to be announced for the expansion.
    Werent they interviewed recently and said that they wont be nerfing BLM?

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Scholar and some Pharmacist shit

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

All this talk about the new jobs and such make me want to play the old FF games again.

And I never did like Time Mage. The only use I ever got out of time magic was haste.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

uh...chances are if you need stop to run out of range, you can allready get out of range, and if you cant get out of range, then its something that you wont need stop for.

ie: Tiamat Firaga3, would you seriously want to "stop" that to run out of range ?? I mean, its ridiculously easy to stun as it is.
    Tiamat starts casting Firaga3.
    TIM LOL STOP FGT, RUN PLD!!!!!
    *PLD runs*
    Tiamat : orly ?
    Tiamat readies Spike Flail.

KB Meteor:
    Last I checked, you can allready run out of range, and the only times you dont get out of range is an unlucky Thunderbolt > Meteor...which most likely wont have time to be stopped.

Tonberry Throat Stab:
    lol, enough said.

Goblin Bomb Toss:
    I can see this working here, since if you stop it mid toss, and everyone runs, its automatic self destruct. But how often do you fight goblins ??

any other examples ??

Not really, but then again I haven't seen any of the new mobs in the expansion either. Nor do I know what other abilities Time Mage (if it really will be implemented) would have to complement Stop.

That being said, a nice ability would be something along the lines of slow, but that made Instant cast spells non instant cast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast