Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dynamis Valkum Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

We recently did a run and all was going pretty smooth.
    3 Flies, killed np and got subs.
    Killed Shroom after Shadowbind pull.. np.
    Killed 4 Manicore aggros, np
    Killed 2 Quadav statues, and its pops... np.
    Killed Goobie NM, other than a lil charmga fun... NP.
    We then raced back to CC (Boss NM) rested MP, and began to fight. Adds handled, all going fine, then at around 50% it used Extremely Bad Breath. Full wipe. It appeared to be a Death-ga type move. No dmg on log, just entire group death.

Player1 is effected by Extremly Bad Breath.
    Player1 is defeated by CC.
    Player2 is effected by Extremly Bad Breath.
    Player2 is defeated by CC.
    Player3 is effected by Extremly Bad Breath.
    Player3 is defeated by CC.
    ect ect ect

No dmg appeared on screen so is this move Death-ga, or is it avoidable?
    We talked about RDM/DRK Chainspell+Stun to counter it. Would this be the most effective method or is there an NM to kill that is believed to stop this move?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Not that you really need Buburimu to be any easier, but instead of sac pulling the WHM quadav to get rid of Apoc Beast's 2 hour for it you can do it a different way.

From the second that Apoc is pulled it starts it's chain of 2 hours. Since most of the earlier ones are more dangerous (MNK, BLM, WHM, RDM) you can simply have one person claim it while you're fighting Stollenwurm and kite it around the open area (RDM w/ crimson cuisses is what I was to do this). Just time it so that you get to the camp when it's on a string of really weak 2 hours (RNG, BRD, DRK) and it's even more of a joke.

Plus you get the laughs at someone getting hit by Eagle Eye Shot from a gigantic black dragon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Morathi
    Not that you really need Buburimu to be any easier, but instead of sac pulling the WHM quadav to get rid of Apoc Beast's 2 hour for it you can do it a different way.

From the second that Apoc is pulled it starts it's chain of 2 hours. Since most of the earlier ones are more dangerous (MNK, BLM, WHM, RDM) you can simply have one person claim it while you're fighting Stollenwurm and kite it around the open area (RDM w/ crimson cuisses is what I was to do this). Just time it so that you get to the camp when it's on a string of really weak 2 hours (RNG, BRD, DRK) and it's even more of a joke.

Plus you get the laughs at someone getting hit by Eagle Eye Shot from a gigantic black dragon.
    No we just kill it before it gets that far, we do kill the Quad NM just to be safe. On our last time there we killed AB in about 2~3 minutes.

Valkrum is giving us a little bit of trouble, as usual we kill everything, Fairy Ring, Nair'ia, ect... but when we get to CC it hit everyone with Extremly Bad Breath. Not sure if we are going back to Northlands or trying this again. We do have a better strat worked out for CC though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Our Valkurm run was what sounds typical for most others, get SJ kill Fairy Ring kill Goobbue and make it to megaboss with plenty of time. Doing fine until it suddenly uses charm breath that we figured was supposed to be disabled, and then everybody dies.

I think we might do Qufim next it seems like the gigas there seems to be more predictable at least.

Here's something for groups doing Valkurm tonight to try out ...

Here's a crazy idea ... what if the abilities that he does are based on the direction that he is facing? I mean, I think it's safe to assume that the monster is technically "moving" according to the game even while it is being successfully chainspell stunned, but what if it is actually the direction that he is facing that dictates what breath it will use?

Fairy Ring - SW
    Dragontrap - NW
    Treant - NE
    Gobbue - SE

or, if you wanted to assign them cardinal directions based on their extremes:

Fairy Ring - S
    Dragontrap - W
    Treant - N
    Gobbue - E
    (I know that the Gobbue is farther south than the Fairy Ring, but everything else fits in to place better this way)

Either way, if this is true, then it would be ideal to keep it facing north-westish and avoid drawing any aggro from the south or east.

IMO, this makes some sense because I get the impression that Square-Enix never intended for the NMs to have to be killed before the boss in order to have a successful run becuase this is the one zone where it is much more difficult to get SJs than the others (although not THAT difficult) ... plus the key NM locations are much more spread out than in some other zones, and much more well guarded. Perhaps the NMs are just indended to give a hint as to what abilities the boss will use when facing different directions.

Edit: btw, the "Extremely Bad Breath" that Evil Oscar in the KS30 battle uses is directional instant death (no damage). It's a good bet that it behaves similarly on this NM.

Edit 2: That would also explain why they made him non-aggro (so you can get in position so he is facing the right way before engaging), and why when he does do a certain breath, he spams it over and over again (because he's still facing that direction).

It's possible he only uses Extremely Bad Breath once the entire fight, although to be honest this is a wild guess. Why not have first alliance pull him and fight until Extremely Bad Breath goes off, then second alliance who was standing back come in and go at him some more while first alliance reraises.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Interesting theory by the last poster, no idea if it holds water or not, but the NM locations for Dynamis-Valkurm for 'locking' CC's abilities are placed similarly to the way Sky Gods asre set up, and each of those actually has a cardinal direction.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Edit 2: That would also explain why they made him non-aggro (so you can get in position so he is facing the right way before engaging), and why when he does do a certain breath, he spams it over and over again (because he's still facing that direction).
    That always seemed pretty random for Evil Oscar. I've done it before as a SMN-burn, and sometimes it would kill all the avatars in front of it, sometimes it would miss most of them. It never hit me behind him, though. And he gave a warning as to when he would use his breath attack. "Evil Oscar starts sucking in the air around him..."

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    That always seemed pretty random for Evil Oscar. I've done it before as a SMN-burn, and sometimes it would kill all the avatars in front of it, sometimes it would miss most of them. It never hit me behind him, though. And he gave a warning as to when he would use his breath attack. "Evil Oscar starts sucking in the air around him..."
    CC gives no warning when its about to use Extremly Bad Breath. If we try again next week I'll post the results. We have a new strat for it and it should work.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Has anyone killed the other 2 NMs(tree and trap)? Do those effect CC at all?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Our very small LS of about 35 people did this last week. We killed the flies and fairy ring with no problem at all. Fucked up the sac pull on the goober with 10 minutes left. Went ahead to the boss (which doesnt aggro, wtf?), and engaged. Poppped about 50 sheep and 35 hippos, and raped our poor little LS. Were really pretty clueless on what to do. That was our first and only attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Our very small LS of about 35 people did this last week.
    I read this, remembered the member cap on the new dynamis zones, and decided you were stupid for saying it and ignored the rest of your post while I laughed.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

i didnt say we had 35 there, i said thats about how many people our LS consists of. we usually have around 30 or so show up. really dont recall how many we had in zone. Please forgive me for not knowing our exact number within 3 people over a week ago. Sorry my post was confusing

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Why did you sac pull the goobue?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Why did you sac pull the goobue?

Or even how do you sac pull it , it stands alone........