Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Valkum Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Dynamis Valkum Question

We attempted this Saturday and having another shot tonight , We killed Fairly ring and the Goobah NM then onto the Malboro at 13 minutes left some of us were unclear about the mobs popping when we pull the malboro so we had links and proceeded to wipe fairly quickly but we noticed he still charmed our people. Has anyone done it without bothering without killing the goobah NM? As that seems to be the big timewaster we cleared Bub just killing 2 dragons(we don't bother with bodyslam) which gives us a good 140 mins to farm.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Which 2 Dragons did you kill in Buburimu ? And didnt kill any of the Beastmen NM's? ;o

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ya one Quadav with sacfifice pull so takes no time to kill really, We killed the the heavy stomp one(Tarasca) and voidsong one(avitias(sp) its near the start) We kite it to the bottom of the cliff and mages/rangers stand on top so they don't get hit by bodyslam then we have paladins take turns to 2 hour why we just go mental on it all mp, manafont etc leaving you a nice time to farm.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Re: Dynamis Valkum Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    We attempted this Saturday and having another shot tonight , We killed Fairly ring and the Goobah NM then onto the Malboro at 13 minutes left some of us were unclear about the mobs popping when we pull the malboro so we had links and proceeded to wipe fairly quickly but we noticed he still charmed our people. Has anyone done it without bothering without killing the goobah NM? As that seems to be the big timewaster we cleared Bub just killing 2 dragons(we don't bother with bodyslam) which gives us a good 140 mins to farm.
    You get 2 hrs total in the 3 new dynamises (60 min initial, 60 min from boss... 60+60!=140).

Sometimes the malboro glitches and uses charmga breath anyway. I'ts possible that killing nan'tina *reduces the chances* of the malboro using charm. Either way, we got charmed and owned one week, and raped the zone the next week using the exact same strategy.

When we did bubu, we killed like 5 dragons, and still had plenty of time to farm (until the 25+ dhalmel train/herd, which wiped us).

My LS has only attempted Valkurm once but what happened for us is after we killed the fly's for SJ's we wiped to Fairy Ring. Reraised and use a couple 2hr's which really helped taking him out easy. (im still wondering if there is some way to beat him without using any 2hr's?). anyhow by the time we killed fairy ring there was around 15mins left so we decided to just go for the boss.

1 RDM/DRK and all others using a dynamis lord approach we got him to 7% roughly. he didn't charmga us that i can remember so i think we just had good luck with stuns or its just completely random/bugged since this is the second time i heard him do charm after Nant dies.

So i dunno i can only assume its highly possible to kill him without making the trip to charmga nm since we got him to 7% without doing any SC. although my LS has several BB monks , war's, and drk's which seemed to eat him.

We're trying again tonight in a few hours and we will probably just skip the charmga NM so i'll let you know how it works out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I meant an hour and 40 minutes T_T. Fairly ring we sacrifice pull then a ranger shadowbinds and runs back to us and we rape it 2 deaths i think on Saturdays attempt 1 was a blm who stood in front of it the other a paladin who just was unlucky on healing from mages.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    I meant an hour and 40 minutes T_T. Fairly ring we sacrifice pull then a ranger shadowbinds and runs back to us and we rape it 2 deaths i think on Saturdays attempt 1 was a blm who stood in front of it the other a paladin who just was unlucky on healing from mages.
    We usually have 1-2 deaths from ring, w/o using any 2hrs (and saccing the statues in the way).

As far as not knowing where pops are, just make sure everybody is close to the fence, and you're fine. Also, make sure you're blm don't pull hate. As soon as he gets to the mages and starts aoe'ing, it's all over. He fucked up my entire mage alliance with 2 aoes (EBB was killer).

For those of you caring about Dynamis-Bubu, that's the high points of getting the Nightmare mobs to pop by killing AB.

Get people to the ???s, and get SJs first thing.

Hit up Aitravas or w/e, then the WHM NM (sac pull), and the other one by Stihi (I don't even remember names anymore, isn't that sad?). Ignore Barong, unless you feel like getting rid of another annoying WS that won't do much to you anyway if you fight AB properly. Stollenworm's there so you know to watch out for him while killing AB. Bring AB down to the beach area, and nuke from the top while tanking underneath the ledge on the beach.

Seriously, a joke of a dynamis, nearly cleared on the first try by us (AB@1%). The Nightmare mobs are fun as hell though, especially the massive Dhalmel link.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For Valkurm, whats the point of killing each of the NMs? What abilities or traits do they remove from the mega boss?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I made maps of this area a while back. They have dragons, beastman, and nightmare mob placements.

http://people.clemson.edu/~ckey/ffxi/dynamis/bubu

Feel free to correct if some of the mob placements are a little off (thats why its v.9).

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan
    For Valkurm, whats the point of killing each of the NMs? What abilities or traits do they remove from the mega boss?
    Nan'tina (the goob) removes charm breath (in theory).
    Fairy ring removes massive poison attack and flee speed.
    Those are the only 2 we kill when we do valk.

Hit up Aitravas or w/e, then the WHM NM (sac pull)
    kinda new to dynamis bubu what good does it do to kill the WHM NM? go in get subs back start killing dragons to weeken mega boss and kill boss right? whats the whm nm for?

just asking needz info ^^

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The final boss has all 15 2hrs. killing the beastman NMs takes away that job's respective 2hr from the boss. AB uses each 2hr in order that they appear in your job menu, this means that of the first 6, only bene is worth getting rid of (luckily astral and mijin are at the bottom, so no point in getting).

We've attempted the boss 4 times and won once.

Attempt 1) Exploratory run ... didn't kill any of the NMs, but decided to attack the boss just for kicks. Got owned by charm and pops.

Attempt 2) We only killed the Gobbue NM. The NM didn't even try to use charm, but we got owned inside of 30 seconds by the high-damage breath attributed to Fairy Ring.

Attempt 3) Killed both the Gobbue NM, and Fairy Ring, and it went perfectly ... he got several of the low-damage breaths off, but didn't even try to do the charm breath or high-damage breath. This was our win.

Attempt 4) Killed both the Gobbue NM, and Fairy Ring. The fight went well at the beginning, but about one or two minutes in it did the Charm breath 3 times in a row, then finished us off with the high-damage breath attributed to Fairy Ring (sorry, I suck with ability names).

Although luck and timely Chainspell Stuns could account for it, I am personally inclined to believe that this NM is bugged because when things go well, they go smoothly through pretty much the entire fight; however, when they go ugly, they pretty much go ugly right off the bat.

Other things that my linkshell is entertaining is that a) killing the NM removes the ability for only the first minute or so of the fight, and if it isn't dead by then, you're screwed, or b) killing the NM only reduces the frequency with which it does the ability.

I think if you got lucky, you could pull it off without killing the NMs ... the problem is that if he gets a single one of the nasty breaths off, you're pretty much hosed because he's going to either one-shot all of your mages, or charm everyone repeatedly until he one-shots your mages.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have a theory (although my linkshell thinks I'm crazy) that the Malboro doesn't use these TP attacks unless someone out of melee range pulls hate and it moves towards them. Every fight I've heard about, or been involved in, the NM did these attacks after moving to someone.

We've all seen Fafnir turn around and bitch slap the whole area with flail >_>.

Can anyone either validate my theory or disprove it so I don't have to waste a run testing it?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

you're crazy...

my LS just wiped to it (did everything else flawlessly, had 25 min left for CC), it spammed TP attack like mad, no matter who had hate.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That happened to my LS on Sunday also Nynja. We had everyone on top of NM because our first win got overlapped with Hippogryphs popping on our mages. First try win, second try raped

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well we decided to kill the goobah again last night and got to CC with a good 20 minutes left positioned everyone got no links got it to about 80% then it charmed everyone , belted out 500 damage non stop bards had trouble sleeping and we wiped at 50%,We are thinking of killing the fairy trap thing and not bothering with the Goobah anyone tried that? I dunno it seems almost impossible atm we just get raped so fast , BLMs use -enm gear and just light nuke it like we would faust for a little while why tanks get hate but he does massive breath attacks so WHM have to cure like mad pull hate wipe blms its horrible T_T , Like geno says we raped bubu 2nd attempt the zones a joke loads of coins 10+ AF , this one is getting the better of us for sure have to wait till Saturday for another attempt :/

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Dynamis Valkurm = Jailer of Prudence :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Dynamis Valkurm = Jailer of Prudence :D
    Yes it does appear so :/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

This zone fucking sucks....

Either the NM is bugged, or we just have terrible luck... Every time we fight he starts spamming breath attacks and just one-shots everybody in range. We had plenty of time to set up for him last night, and our tanks all went down immediately. Something just isn't right about the 2 attempts we have made vs this NM