Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Dynamis Zones...nightmare mobs drop items?

We've done Dynamis Qufim 4 times now. Only on our most recent event did we get any items (2 summoner capes, 2 drk legs). Someone in my LS noted that both dropped off of Nightmare mobs (1 cape and legs off nightmare bats, and the other two off of nightmare weapons). Has anyone else made note of what mobs drop items? If only nightmare mobs drop shit, it could help to narrow down farming targets.

from what ive ben told (i realy cant say if its true or not) is that you kill normal mobs and get currency and normal af2. but after killing mega boss for the time ext. and the nightmare mobs pop they only drop AF2-1 and cape/belt/w'e and currency/af2 will no longer drop. could someone conferm that? kthxby

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Any nightmare mob can drop the cape/belts and af-1. Any normal mob can drop normal af and currency.

You don't have to kill the boss to get a nightmare mob to drop cape/belt and af-1. (in bubu, the nightmare mobs only pop after killing boss, so yes, you have to kill the boss to get cape/belts and af-1 here).

Each cape/belt drops in 2 zones (or maybe all 3, this is unconfirmed). We got smn cape in both valk and qufim, for instance.

The normal and af-1 drop in a certain pattern
    Bubu drops hands-1 and lvl 72 AF
    Valk drops hats-1 and lvl 71 AF
    Qufim drops feet-1 and lvl 73 AF
    (this is off the top of my head, the bubu and valk normal af drops may be backwards)

Following logic, tavnazia will drop both 74 and 75 (outland) AF, and will drop the body and leg-1's. It's also possible that cape/belt pieces will be added so that each job has both a belt and a cape. I'm hoping AF2+1 will be revamped a little so that it's actually useful and not just e-peen.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm hoping AF2+1 will be revamped a little so that it's actually useful and not just e-peen.
    /nod

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The AF2+1s are fine... they couldn't be increased too much iin power since they were already 'balanced' (heh) for high levels, unlike AF1. A small increase akin to HQ crafting makes more sense in AF2+1. How powerful can you expect the RDM pimp hat to be...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

AF2+1 would be fine if they didn't use the ancient currency obtained from Dynamis.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by wewt
    AF2+1 would be fine if they didn't use the ancient currency obtained from Dynamis.
    I think they realized people were ACTUALLY getting full relic weapons when they were really just meant to torture us from the data files. So they added this.

I think overall af2+1 was a horrible idea. Er...the idea itself wasn't so bad, but the execution was. I checked out the stats on the jobs I had 75, and out of 25 pieces total, there was only 1 I thought was worth getting. In most cases, all SE did was add 1 to a stat.

What I think is worse about it, is how it requires currency. As if it isn't hard enough for relic upgraders to get their currency, now there's the added competition of people wanting to upgrade their af2+1.

Oh well...at least in my LS we've yet to see a single af2+1. So no worries there. Maybe if SE gave you more time, you'd actually be able to farm for drops. As it is, you're in a mad rush just to beat the main boss in time. And while that's fun in and of itself, it sucks when you get out and realize you got shit for that run. It's hard to even farm after the boss, because the repops (at least in qufim) are frickin insane. We pulled 1 nightmare diremite, which turned into a huge 50 mob link because it summoned friends.

I enjoy doing Dynamis for the most part, but I think SE really screwed up on the new areas in a lot of ways.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    I think overall af2+1 was a horrible idea. Er...the idea itself wasn't so bad, but the execution was. I checked out the stats on the jobs I had 75, and out of 25 pieces total, there was only 1 I thought was worth getting. In most cases, all SE did was add 1 to a stat.

What I think is worse about it, is how it requires currency. As if it isn't hard enough for relic upgraders to get their currency, now there's the added competition of people wanting to upgrade their af2+1.

Oh well...at least in my LS we've yet to see a single af2+1. So no worries there. Maybe if SE gave you more time, you'd actually be able to farm for drops. As it is, you're in a mad rush just to beat the main boss in time. And while that's fun in and of itself, it sucks when you get out and realize you got shit for that run. It's hard to even farm after the boss, because the repops (at least in qufim) are frickin insane. We pulled 1 nightmare diremite, which turned into a huge 50 mob link because it summoned friends.

I enjoy doing Dynamis for the most part, but I think SE really screwed up on the new areas in a lot of ways.
    yeah i agree with everything you said. as far as the qufim afterboss pulls, we tried a simultaneous pull to try and speed things up, and ended up getting 12 diremites going to camp spamming everyone with aoe, while i had to kite 20 weapons in a circle for about 20 minutes.

the rewards can be good, but it just seems like it's not worth it overall. at the very least, it seems like the nightmare monsters have a better drop rate than the usual dynamis af2 rates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    The AF2+1s are fine... they couldn't be increased too much iin power since they were already 'balanced' (heh) for high levels, unlike AF1. A small increase akin to HQ crafting makes more sense in AF2+1. How powerful can you expect the RDM pimp hat to be...
    But you also have to balance making the Relic+1 over powered with making it worthwhile. As it stands, the upgrade is amazingly minimal and for the most part doesn't affect the skills I want to see raised. (Same can be said about RDM Artifact+1 as well.)

All totaled, this is the difference between RDM Relic and Relic+1.
    DEF:5
    HP+14
    MP+11
    MND+4
    Healing Magic Skill+2
    INT+1
    DEX+1
    Elemental Magic Skill+2
    "Magic Atk. Bonus"+1

All of this can be yours for the low, low price of 114 O. Bronzepieces. That's a lot of gil for very little difference, and does not increase Enfeebling or Enhancing Magics.

Out of all of the pieces, Chapeau and Boots are the best but not really good enough to say "hey guys, let's go to CoP Dynamis and get less coins and AF!"

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    But you also have to balance making the Relic+1 over powered with making it worthwhile. As it stands, the upgrade is amazingly minimal and for the most part doesn't affect the skills I want to see raised. (Same can be said about RDM Artifact+1 as well.)

All totaled, this is the difference between RDM Relic and Relic+1.
    DEF:5
    HP+14
    MP+11
    MND+4
    Healing Magic Skill+2
    INT+1
    DEX+1
    Elemental Magic Skill+2
    "Magic Atk. Bonus"+1

All of this can be yours for the low, low price of 114 O. Bronzepieces. That's a lot of gil for very little difference, and does not increase Enfeebling or Enhancing Magics.

Out of all of the pieces, Chapeau and Boots are the best but not really good enough to say "hey guys, let's go to CoP Dynamis and get less coins and AF!"
    And all of that is assuming you'd even WEAR the whole set at once..or even seperately. As situational as RDM gear is, that above list of stats is generous in defence of AF2+1. I could give you a list of all of the stats that WAR AF2+1 gives, and it would be biased, because Id only ever wear 1 piece of AF2+1.

So basically AF2+1 failed more then anyother set of gear...or any addition to this game, to date.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Meh, some of the AF2+1 is really pimp IMO. I'd say every job gets at least one good piece.

WAR - Warrior's Mufflers +1 (+14 attack)
    MNK - Melee Gloves +1 (+18 attack) and Melee Crown +1 (+6 STR, +6 subtle blow)
    WHM - Cleric's Duckbills +1 (+5 MND, not anything great but there isn't much better from WHM AF2+1)
    BLM - Sorcerer's Sabots +1 (+3 INT, +5 conserve MP. Easily best shoes in the game for BLMs)
    RDM - Duelist's Chapeau +1 (Nothing changed, but the +3 MND is nice >.>)
    THF - nvm, absolutely nothing good for THF
    PLD - Valor Gauntlets +1 (+6 VIT / +4 Enmity), Valor Breeches +1 (+4 Enmity), and Valor Surcoat +1 (+5 Enmity @_@)
    DRK - Abyss Burgeonet +1 (+12 attack I think? I'm doing all of this from memory >.>)
    BST - Monster Helm +1 (+5 CHR and +5 charm, and an MP bonus)
    BRD - Bard's Roundlet +1 (+6 CHR and +5 singing)
    RNG - Scout's Braccae +1 (+9 R.Acc) and Scout's Socks +1 (+12 R.Atk)
    SAM - Saotome Kabuto +1 (+12 Acc, just in case you still miss a lot with Optical >.>)
    NIN - Koga Tekko +1 (An extra two hours for the kickass bonuses, and an extra +1 STR when it kicks in)
    DRG - Wyrm Mail +1 (+2% Haste o_o)
    SMN - Summoner's Bracers +1 (+12 SMN magic skill, +30 MP)

word for rngs thats alot and i would love to have thos

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcloudz
    Meh, some of the AF2+1 is really pimp IMO. I'd say every job gets at least one good piece.
    When was one good piece thats only MILDLY better then the original enough to warrant a whole new set of gear?

(Yeah Warrior Mufflers are +14 attack, but only +2 attack from NQs.)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

WHM - Cleric's Duckbills +1 (+5 MND, not anything great but there isn't much better from WHM AF2+1)
    BLM - Sorcerer's Sabots +1 (+3 INT, +5 conserve MP. Easily best shoes in the game for BLMs)
    PLD - Valor Gauntlets +1 (+6 VIT / +4 Enmity), Valor Breeches +1 (+4 Enmity), and Valor Surcoat +1 (+5 Enmity @_@)
    DRK - Abyss Burgeonet +1 (+12 attack I think? I'm doing all of this from memory >.>)
    SAM - Saotome Kabuto +1 (+12 Acc, just in case you still miss a lot with Optical >.>)
    NIN - Koga Tekko +1 (An extra two hours for the kickass bonuses, and an extra +1 STR when it kicks in)
    Wait wait wait... somebody else actually likes this stuff? I thought that wasn't allowed on these forums.

Also, the new dynamis zones are more fun... more varied and difficult than the old ones. Does nobody care about that?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    When was one good piece thats only MILDLY better then the original enough to warrant a whole new set of gear?

Don't overlook this.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

Don't overlook this.
    But thats +2 atk you definately wouldn't have otherwise. Compare to if they added a whole new piece of equipment that added +13 atk... you wouldn't bitch about it. I just think the AF+1 set too high expectations...

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

imo these new AF2 +1 pieces are just like any piece of HQ gear that exists in the game. The upgrades dont give a totally uber boost that gives a single person a huge advantage over others, but they are slight improvements.

The idea behind HQ gear shouldn't be that a single piece gives you a giant advantage over other people. Making many of these slight improvements in gear can make a big difference.

Of course there are exceptions, like HQ staves are much more powerful than NQ.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait wait wait... somebody else actually likes this stuff? I thought that wasn't allowed on these forums.

Also, the new dynamis zones are more fun... more varied and difficult than the old ones. Does nobody care about that?
    More fun? To each their own. Limbus is a lot more fun than any of the Dynamis zones because it is generally less than an hour long with 18 people pretty much steady fighting. (Less time consuming, less leg, yet a decent reward in coins for the effort.)

The real problem is that you are not going to get a quarter of the AF or coins out of CoP Dynamis that you would out of a regular Dynamis, yet it costs the same and has the same lock out. The premise is cool, less people and less time, but you get royally boned on drops. (Even compared to northlands.)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

More fun? To each their own. Limbus is a lot more fun than any of the Dynamis zones because it is generally less than an hour long with 18 people pretty much steady fighting. (Less time consuming, less leg, yet a decent reward in coins for the effort.)

The real problem is that you are not going to get a quarter of the AF or coins out of CoP Dynamis that you would out of a regular Dynamis, yet it costs the same and has the same lock out. The premise is cool, less people and less time, but you get royally boned on drops. (Even compared to northlands.)
    Well we arent to farming status on the new ones yet. Back when it was a struggle to finish Dyna Sandy and Jeuno I doubt there were so many coins and af dropped...

But yeah it seems like the potential is much lower, I dont know why they kept the same timer, thats pretty wierd.