Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Bonecrafting - 99/61 or 100/60?

My Bonecrafting is currently 87, and I have enough ingredients and gil in the bank to get me to 100 ish soon. I'm going to stop at 92 in order to get leather to 68 so I can pick up the Tanner's Apron.

What I'm interested in, is whether to cap Bonecraft at 100 and have leathercraft at 60 (with a potential +2 from equipment and +3 from synth support) or go for the 99/61 split (equivalent to 98/62 since I'll have the apron).

100 Bonecraft would give me the following that 99 wouldn't:
    Tier 2 Cursed cap
    Tier 2 Unicorn Leggings
    Tier 2 Igqira Lappa

Whereas if I did 99/61, I would be able to hit Tier 3 Scorp Harnesses.
    I don't know which to do. My sole aim in levelling bonecraft is to make as much money as possible in as short an amount of time as possible, so at the moment I'm siding towards the scorp harnesses. However, I know how lucrative a lucky HQ on Cap/Leggings/Lappa could be.

So can you bonecrafters maybe tell me how you're doing it please? As I'd very much like to know

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Uh 100 bone with 60+4 leather gives you tier2 (25-30% hq rate) on scp harness.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I was under the impression that 66 leather was needed in order for you to bust into the 25-30% HQ range.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'll make it easy for you.

You can't get tier2 on those things you mentioned.

You'd have to be 102+3+3 to get 11 above.

Highest recipes you can get tier two on is 95s. In this case

Unicorn Mittens
    Dragon Mittens
    Igqira Huaraches
    Carapace Breastplate

But then again, we don't know the sub caps on those (except the Huaraches and the breastplate, but are they worth it anways?) so they might as well be tier0 even with 100+3+3.

Old Merits
    BG Level

OK. I was under the impression furniture gave +3. Dunno where I got that from, thanks for the help though .

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

1) guild items give +1 each
    2) advanced support gives +3
    3) you can break t2 on SH with 100/60 if you have leathercraft guild items and leathercraft support
    4) +11 above is called "tier 1" not tier 2

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    4) +11 above is called "tier 1" not tier 2

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It depends, some people say tier0 is BELOW cap. HQ less then 1%. Then there's tier1 which is at cap OR 1-10 ABOVE cap. HQ bout 3%.

plzkthx.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    It depends, some people say tier0 is BELOW cap. HQ less then 1%. Then there's tier1 which is at cap OR 1-10 ABOVE cap. HQ bout 3%.

plzkthx.
    please explain to me why you would try to HQ an item your below cap on (not that anything REALLY affects crafting..)

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi

plzkthx.
    It's nice to argue for the sake of arguing, but there are no discernable results recorded on below cap HQ rates so there isn't much to say about a tier. Also saying it depends really just messes it all up, most people would cut off their ear for tier 3 SH, so it's very misleading.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by deadzee
    please explain to me why you would try to HQ an item your below cap on (not that anything REALLY affects crafting..)
    It's good to know when you're skilling up. Is an item worth going over cap to get a better chance of HQ but slightly losing skill ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumm
    It's nice to argue for the sake of arguing, but there are no discernable results recorded on below cap HQ rates so there isn't much to say about a tier. Also saying it depends really just messes it all up, most people would cut off their ear for tier 3 SH, so it's very misleading.
    I wasn't arguing for the "sake of arguing". Generally I don't use "4 tiers" but since the OP was I did it too. I've seen people use 4 scales, not common but some do. And you do notice difference between 1% and and 3% when you've taken one or two crafts to 100. When I did bonecrafting 0-100 I think I had 6 HQs while skilling up, 3 of them were on gavial masks when I was above their cap (back then I was stupid and stacked up on +skill and got support even if I was 1 away from cap). 3 were on some arrows/rings that I was under the cap.