+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The String Quartet     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

The String Quartet

Stringed Instruments + Modern Songs = Win

Stringed Instrumental Tributes of Bands including, Nirvana, TOOL, Oasis, System of a Down, Fall Out Boy, The Gorillaz, Coldplay, Relient K, My Chemical Romance, John Mayer.. Go the site and search for some bands, you're bound to find a few you know of.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

not bad.. here's one of my favs

http://www.apocalyptica.com/home/

Quote Originally Posted by wiegraf
    not bad.. here's one of my favs

http://www.apocalyptica.com/home/
    Three Motherfuckin Cheers for Wiegraf!

PS. Dont break my Blue coterdie(sp) next time hahahhaha jk jk.

YES@ the tool one, i listened to that so much in high school

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    YES@ the tool one, i listened to that so much in high school
    TOOL is so good. :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

hey bren, good to see ya again.. and yeah, sorry bout that

Gay, would be cooler if you didn't have to buy them. Couple Coheed ones that you can preview were decent.

Edit: Thas only good band I've found so far... but of course they have Good Charlotte, and my Chemical Romance, and Hawthorne Heights CUT MY WRISTS AND BLACK MY EYES SO I CAN FALL ASLEEP TONIGHT. Nothx.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aww, you need to buy the CDs. =( Some of those previews are so hot that I'm pretty tempted to buy some. =O $17 is a little steep for a regular CD though (lol, maybe the prices have gone up, I wouldn't know... haven't bought a CD in years).

EDIT: Holy shit, someone actually has these on torrent! The no-buying-CDs streak still lives!

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Aww, you need to buy the CDs. =( Some of those previews are so hot that I'm pretty tempted to buy some. =O $17 is a little steep for a regular CD though (lol, maybe the prices have gone up, I wouldn't know... haven't bought a CD in years).

EDIT: Holy shit, someone actually has these on torrent! The no-buying-CDs streak still lives!
    Share.

and yeah, what did you expect from the Coheed ones, Coheed owns, and thusly the stringed tributes own too.

idk if this has been posted before or not but if you dont know about it, you should check it out ^^

Basically, you enter a name of a band, any band *well any american/canadian/english band so far, all the major JPN ones I put in didnt return any results* You basically put in someone you like, and it matches there style to someone you might not know of.

Like eh, Marilyn Manson returns results like

Orgy, NIN, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, etc

anyhow the URL

http://www.pandora.com/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

These are really fun, I remember amidst the barrage of classical music we played in quartet, we got to play some fun stuff, I think we did some billy joel (<3) and U2. Also along with that was playing fun movie themes and such, I wish I still had time to play in quartet, boring orchestra for me D:

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Oh my gosh, pandora.com = WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemberly
    idk if this has been posted before or not but if you dont know about it, you should check it out ^^

Basically, you enter a name of a band, any band *well any american/canadian/english band so far, all the major JPN ones I put in didnt return any results* You basically put in someone you like, and it matches there style to someone you might not know of.

anyhow the URL

At 1st you like it... then you realize they limit the amount of songs you can skip in an hour. Then you get forced listening to Hawthorne Heights or Simple Plan or Fall Out Boy.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway

anyhow the URL

At 1st you like it... then you realize they limit the amount of songs you can skip in an hour. Then you get forced listening to Hawthorne Heights or Simple Plan or Fall Out Boy.
    You can trick it into making another song come on by making a second station. Then when it says you can't skip, and you want to go to the next song, just click other station then click back to the station you wanted to get to the next song onto. Then it will automatically go to the next song.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway

anyhow the URL

You can trick it into making another song come on by making a second station. Then when it says you can't skip, and you want to go to the next song, just click other station then click back to the station you wanted to get to the next song onto. Then it will automatically go to the next song.
    hax