BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Taku
    Dispel is 25 MP man... not to mention a lot of RDM's have cycles that they follow to accommodate the recast/duration of refresh and haste. Having to dispel every other mob(atleast half are sorcerers or ghosts, right?) when probably only 10% of them are necessary would annoy me as a RDM more than having someone to "tell me how to do my job."

Assuming there's 70 mobs, and half are bones/ghosts, and only 10% are going to recast spikes, that's roughly 775 MP wasted per run. Not to mention the RDM would have to break clear mind to get up and cast dispel on every other pull.

And don't forget Minstral ring for all BRD's! It's seriously one of their most useful pieces of EQ.
    eat mp food

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee
    Dispel is 25 MP man... not to mention a lot of RDM's have cycles that they follow to accommodate the recast/duration of refresh and haste. Having to dispel every other mob(atleast half are sorcerers or ghosts, right?) when probably only 10% of them are necessary would annoy me as a RDM more than having someone to "tell me how to do my job."

Assuming there's 70 mobs, and half are bones/ghosts, and only 10% are going to recast spikes, that's roughly 775 MP wasted per run. Not to mention the RDM would have to break clear mind to get up and cast dispel on every other pull.

And don't forget Minstral ring for all BRD's! It's seriously one of their most useful pieces of EQ.

eat mp food
    Eating MP food justifies wasting 775 MP per lap only to see "The Dispel has no effect on the Spartoi Sorcerer"?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I eat sushi because I expect to run around KRT blind...

Blindna isnt exactly a spell that casts quickly. You're going off about getting up to cast Dispel breaks Clear Mind, yet it takes atleast twice as long to cast Blindna. Dispel is also 25 mp to Blindna's 16, except theres 3 targets to blindna over 1 to dispel, and the Black Cloud occurances far exceed the Ice Spikes.

And no, carrying 10 stacks of eye drops is out of the question.

as far as RDM RDM BRD vs WHM RDM BRD goes, I've got 2 words for that: Banish III
    I've done RDM RDM BRD and I've done WHM RDM BRD...WHM RDM BRD makes cakewalk of Lemures.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That's a lazy RDM's way of looking at it. It's not like you are dispelling Weapons in sky. Where you Dispel Haste, Regen, Enaero, Aquaveil before you even get to remove Protect & Shell. There's a reason you have convert and should rarely if ever be resting. I was personally glad to hit KRT in a normal setup just to avoid those stupid weapons.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Klever
    Can you describe all your gear and do you have TP and WS macros?

Pretty self-explanatory but for the pieces that aren't;

Earrings: Brutal and Minuet Earring (I use Minuet over Waetoto's).
    Hands: Bandomusha Kote.
    Feet: Fuma Sune-ate (I use over Dune Boots).

All I switch for Asura is Peacock Chram and Byakko's Haidate to Flame Gorget and Shura Haidate. I don't switch in Osode for Asura (infact I usually give it to the Bard) because I'm not sure if potential higher Asuras would be better than the average Shura Togi gives it. Five points of that STR is from merits.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rafbacca
    That's a lazy RDM's way of looking at it. It's not like you are dispelling Weapons in sky. Where you Dispel Haste, Regen, Enaero, Aquaveil before you even get to remove Protect & Shell. There's a reason you have convert and should rarely if ever be resting. I was personally glad to hit KRT in a normal setup just to avoid those stupid weapons.
    I don't understand the logic... I'm not saying "don't dispel ice spikes," I"m saying, don't cast dispel at the start of every fight because 9x out of 10, the bone/ghost is NOT going to recast ice spikes after being pulled with Finale. And that 1x out of 10 it does, the BRD can say so and THEN you dispel it.

You said KRT in a normal set-up... I'm assuming that imply camping somehwere with a non brd puller? In that case, I would agree that a RDM needs to cast dispel before the melee's engage cause 99% of the time they're going to have spikes up. But what we're talking about is a MNK PTwhich is a completely different thing entirely.

Off topic, Aura weapons are great exp... -_- After the first lap they won't normally have more than 1 or 2 buffs on them

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah out of all the times in KRT they usually like casting Flood or Burst before they rebuff with Ice spike on a pull. Or sometimes they Sleepga and rape the puller into yellow and links galore.

I agree Weapons are good once you start catching them as they pop.

Hell even I'm leveling MNK to get use in Merit mode and am looking forward to KRT

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Why? They're not exactly expensive. Hell, it's cheaper than food. 10 stacks is way more than you'd need, unless you expect to be down there all day long. 5 stacks is plenty, and in an average party (average refering to how long you exp for), you'd still have probably a stack or more left over.

I usually go with 4-5 stacks of eye drops, and a stack of holy waters, and IF i/we run out after 4-5 hours of exping, and we want to exp more, we just take a 15 minute break to restock.

Russta: if you're doing the path that starts at secret room and ends at vrtra, and just going as fast as possible, i could maybe see an argument for 2x RDM instead of rdm and whm. On stella's loop (which is still a good 15k an hour, if you kill @ repop speed) and you have MP issues with rdm and whm, then they need to adjust how they spend MP and where and when they rest during that loop, because rdm and whm should have no problems handling that.

Anyway, personally I prefer stella's loop. i'm not sure what kind of exp/hr going from one end to the other is, i can't imagine that it's TOO much faster than 15k an hour which is what we get on the loop. And trying to keep the chain interupted to see how high we can get is a pretty fun thing to do IMO.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    Russta: if you're doing the path that starts at secret room and ends at vrtra, and just going as fast as possible, i could maybe see an argument for 2x RDM instead of rdm and whm.
    No, we do Stella's loop too but a slightly modified version of it. We never enter the "north 4-5 tunnel" and instead have the mobs pulled to us at 4, go around the south then head to Vrtra. Once all the mobs in east room have died and we've killed as many as possible we kill all we can from the entrance of Vrtras room. Once that's all dead, usually nets a chain of 45, we sneak up and restart the route at 1 with the two Hatis. It's far from the most hardcore way of doing it but it's the compromise with mages that dislike KRT parties.

And yeah, if you have to carry eye drops or eat sushi because the mages aren't casting Blindna... well I don't really know what to say. I don't know how you can complain about not having blindna cast because of it's long cast+recast time then say White Mage is better though. Sup Fast Cast!

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I eat sushi because I expect to run around KRT blind...

Blindna isnt exactly a spell that casts quickly. You're going off about getting up to cast Dispel breaks Clear Mind, yet it takes atleast twice as long to cast Blindna. Dispel is also 25 mp to Blindna's 16, except theres 3 targets to blindna over 1 to dispel, and the Black Cloud occurances far exceed the Ice Spikes.

as far as RDM RDM BRD vs WHM RDM BRD goes, I've got 2 words for that: Banish III
    I've done RDM RDM BRD and I've done WHM RDM BRD...WHM RDM BRD makes cakewalk of Lemures.
    I get enough XP invites for Ugly Range that I get enough Ahriman tears to make eye drops. They're not expensive to buy off AH if you're not making, and between Chakra and the occasional Blindna from mages, 4-5 stacks will last you for HOURS. Last time I took Hedgehog Pie and 5 Stacks of drops to KRT, I had a stack and a half left when my Pie ran out, and then we all took a 15 minute break to restock and pee and eat etc.

Eye drops are your best friend. Small price to pay for 15k an hour.

Oh and...

/em stabs Russta in the face.

Bando kotes, I hate you. Xolotl is a cocksucker and everytime he drops that faggot hat or a crystal I want to cut myself lol. I've seen 2 Harpes drop but no god damn kotes yet, 0/23, gotta love it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Hey.. that LJ looks and reminds me of some other one... maybe just my imagination. Just kidding

KRT is crowded these days... lot's of mpk wars happening in there lately, or maybe it's a Midgardsormr thing. BRD/NIN woot

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Personally, I want a medicine that removes paralyze for when the bard never bothered to buy finale and the red mage decides to wait until 10% to dispel it. Or one of the dogs does its howling move and the whm doesn't think it's odd that every single monk is just staring at the mob while X is Paralyzed floods the chat log.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Personally, I want a medicine that removes paralyze
    (Remedy) (You can have this.)

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

you can get 21 MP back in 10s

:\

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Monks carrying eye drops to help with MP issues is good. I dont see the problem with it, all monks on asura do it, becase it's an instant blindna as opposed to waiting for recast timers on the mage (and wasting MP). Therefore you'll get less whiffage, more hittage .

I'm not sure if you've ever been to KRT in a mnk pt on your mage, but it's as stressing as it is fun, people constantly getting AOE'd is annoying, WHM dont get convert so they'll occasionally be out of MP while you have to squeeze every last bit of MP to heal the monks as they rest, monks dont turn when a mob casts ice spikes and everyone wants paralyna while they're getting hit for alot, etc etc. Stressing , but fun. any help we can get is nice too. The only time I cast blindna is when it's a single target, not the AOE.

The other day I was xp'ing with brennon, just over 15k/hr on that loop, and im confident if all the monks didnt have eye drops we wouldnt have been able to make the infinite chains. We actually had to stop and rest because we killed everything too fast, there were no mobs in the loop at all despite us being the only people in KRT.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Personally, I want a medicine that removes paralyze
    (Remedy) (You can have this.)
    Retard uses a flask of remedy.
    Retard is paralyzed.

Goodbye item.

I had my pie run out one time in KRT and we were going strong so I used another, and the Hati used howling while I was using it and it paralyzed me and I lost my fucking pie, I threw a shit fit, man I was pissed.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

apple pie? D:

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

The only real problem with using eye drops is that, even doing KRT with the best whm on Bahamut imo, mages never notice and still blindna you anyway.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've largely stopped doing KRT parties; while they are fun, the retards tend to drag down exp. Catails is a good example of this - she is the only WHM I've partied with who always blindna'd and hasted herself-but never the melees. Never mind the fact she couldn't stand out of AoE range.

My biggest pet peeve is the NA RDM who doesn't have WHM subjob leveled. It's always nice having a RDM who can't Curaga and Paralyna.

i love doing mnk pts in krt but its very stressful as whm highest chain i got was with riceboi and it was about 85'ish around there i know we would of gotten 100+ if he didnt aggro a lemures while he was pulling a skele. lemures did sleepga :/