FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    When I joined the 2nd LS, I was under 17 other BLM, now im under 8 others. Ive passed people with 4/5 equip so im basicly next for all BLM drops. But itll be a long time till im 5/5. Having to wait for 8 hat drops will.. uh.. take a looong time. Done so many Xa runs and one has yet to drop.
    that's similar to how BG works. you simply can't be fair to new people and old people at the same time because the game and the drop rates are not fair.

the rules are there to "fix it" so it's more fair for some people, and if people don't like the rules they can join another group because somewhere there will be one that operates differently.

and while some of our rules are extremely top heavy, we try to have other rules that balance them out.
    Older members max out then the newer people get AF2, it is fairer in this respect. It is not fair to someone who has been attending Dynamis for a year to get passed over by someone who joined a month ago. (Who magically only attends places that drops AF that he/she wants, then maxes out and quits.)

radav... your ls gives a 6k value to each currency unit?

Then afterwards goes to sell it on bazaars for 50k+ im guessing?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    When I joined the 2nd LS, I was under 17 other BLM, now im under 8 others. Ive passed people with 4/5 equip so im basicly next for all BLM drops. But itll be a long time till im 5/5. Having to wait for 8 hat drops will.. uh.. take a looong time. Done so many Xa runs and one has yet to drop.
    that's similar to how BG works. you simply can't be fair to new people and old people at the same time because the game and the drop rates are not fair.

the rules are there to "fix it" so it's more fair for some people, and if people don't like the rules they can join another group because somewhere there will be one that operates differently.

and while some of our rules are extremely top heavy, we try to have other rules that balance them out.
    Older members max out then the newer people get AF2, it is fairer in this respect. It is not fair to someone who has been attending Dynamis for a year to get passed over by someone who joined a month ago. (Who magically only attends places that drops AF that he/she wants, then maxes out and quits.)
    I'd kill for a point system, i'd have at least 1 piece of nin af2 by now then
    Another idea I like is putting people that lot+win an af in the back of the lotting queue. So if you have say 10 people that want nin af2 and say Koga Chainmail drops, the person that wins it gets pushed to the back of the lotting line.
    Afterwards your shell goes to Xarca and tekko drop, well tough shit for Mr. Koga Chainmail, 8 more pieces of nin af2 have to drop before they can lot anything. As your competition pool increases for af, people are forced to be a bit more choosy about which piece they really want. It fucking kills me to see people lot af2 then never actually wear it - I like to help people get af2 to wear, not doll up their fucking mannequins with it.

Seeing people put in the same number of runs but one person is working on their 2nd or 3rd job's af2 set while other people have none is shitty imo.

Maybe i'll get my attestation of legerity today and stop crying about having 0 nin af2 still - i could use some good news

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I dont do a point system in my LS, I have a very open lotting system.
    We also only go once a week, not twice, so keep that in mind when I say "3 runs" that's nearly a month

- If you just join, you cant lot on a single item for the first 3 runs

- People who miss 2x Dynamis in a row, cant lot on a single thing for the next run, People who miss 3x Dynamis in a row, cant lot for the next 2+ runs (depending how long, I judge it). Even older members, this prevents an incedent we had once, a while ago before this rule was implemented, a blm was away for 5 weeks, came and lotted BLM af2 body, and never to be seen again (little bitch doesnt even wave to me).

- AF2 are split in 2, we have
    Manaburn AF : BLM, RDM, BRD, SMN - these are the jobs people come on except our thieves
    NonManaburn - all AF2 bar the 1st 4

The majority of people in my LS have more than 1 job @ 75. You can lot on two af2 in my LS (yes, walk out with 2), 1x Manaburn and 1x Non manaburn goes in comments. Once everyone has a certain AF2, and if it's going to waste, I invite people (who arent in my LS) to come lot it.

Certain exceptions :
    -THF af2 hands in Xarcabard, I have it on a list. Priority goes to our LS thieves (who are there for TH3+ ) I let the thieves lot on 2x AF2 also.
    -Shadow mantle, Point system. I point at you and you may lot it.
    -Shadow ring, free lot by anyone who is eligable to lot.
    -Currency, I take 100% of it because im a nazi, I do sponsor every run though.

I dont wanna do a point system because I feel, it moves it from being a game, to being an accountant, and no thanks.

Seems "flawed" compared to point system dynamis, but so far we havent had trouble with it at all, bar 1 person who decided to lie to everyone and lot on Koga Chainmail for his 37 NIN, and win against all the 75 NIN. He got booted and KI'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    radav... your ls gives a 6k value to each currency unit?

Then afterwards goes to sell it on bazaars for 50k+ im guessing?
    DB doesn't let their currency go on open market...they keep it in house. You get kicked if you can't produce any currency that you bought.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The LS I'm in lets everyone prioritize their jobs. If you wanted to, you could have a shot at all 15 jobs AF eventually. Let's say someone has priorities like:
    1) WAR
    2) NIN
    3) BLM

That person can lot WAR when it drops. If NIN drops and there's no one left with 1) NIN then they can lot. For BLM there would have to be no one left with 1) or 2) BLM, and so on for as many jobs as people want to pick.

In order to lot any AF your attendance has to be 50% of the last 10 runs.

We recruit in stages, so we don't get new people trickling in all the time. People that come in after a recruitment have their AF priority start at 2). Keeps senior members rewarded for their work and let's us get people that aren't just trying to leach AF, since they know beforehand that they might not see some pieces of AF for awhile.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    no 8)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

off topic: a bit of good news, navia *did* get her attestation of legerity today ^^

of course that means i did not get attestation of might, but oh well. another time ^^