+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Point Systems     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dynamis Point Systems

I'm just curious what sort of point systems people use for Dynamis. I am the shellholder for an open Dynamis LS, we don't use any point system.

I would not describe us as an intensive group, we're all just there to have fun and it's a friendly environment. We have killed DL and are scheduling heavier Northlands run for AF2 there. We've attempted the new Dynamis once to get a feel for them, and will probably clear them next month sometime now that we have a better grasp of them.

We've never used a point system before, while such a system will obviously weed out people who only want to leach on runs for their AF2 I still think they come off a bit strict and for a more relaxed Dynamis Shell I think they will just end up discouraging new players.

Anyways, was just curious to how other shells structured these, and whether or not the respective shells are exclusive or open. Thanks.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Just as a small example, the way we did things in Karen's dynamis LS when I went with them, (they're japanese if you're not on bahamut and dont know) one dynamis would = 1 point. To lot on any AF, you needed 5 points. Hmm...

Let's say BRD AF drops. BRD #1 has 25 points saved up. BRD #2 has only 6 points. BRD #1 can lot but BRD #2 has to wait till next time. BRD #1's points go down to 20, since lotting costs 5 points.

Also, in another example, let's say BRD AF drops and no one needs it except for this one guy who only has 3 points. He can still lot, but he has to pay every person at dynamis that day 10,000g.

100 bills were taken by the dynamis leader. At the end of dynamis, people could random for the dynamis money, but it cost you either 2mil (this was when dynamis money was cheaper) or it cost you 10 points. If a person paid the 2mil, the money was split between everyone who was at dynamis that day.

It may sound kind of weird, but in doing things like this, people kept up their attendance, and people got the AFs they needed.

imo no such thing as working point system.

If wanna really wanna weed out the crappy people. Make them attend 10 runs before lotting hundereds or AF peices. Make it more of a senority based thing. I really think drops should go to the people who put in the work, not simply someone who is lucky with a lot.

I understand Garret, being the AF factory is no fun.

IMO point systems are always gonna lead to problems

10pts per run (7 late before entry, 5 late after entry, 3 after boss)

AF costs vary by usefullness and popularity, im too lazy to type them all out... http://www.hydracorps.com "Members" Tab

20pt competitive lot range

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I pretty much agree Yuri, and don't really plan on changing the way DX works, especially considering recent successes. Building up a loyal player base w/o a points system is difficult at best but just curious what sort of systems there are around, but I think keeping a loyal player base after you've been around awhile with a points system is just as hard.

Points or no points if people plan to ditch after they win AF2 they can in either system, w/o points people can simply get lucky and do it on one run, w/ points you get a bit more blood out of them first so to speak.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo

AF costs vary by usefullness and popularity, im too lazy to type them all out... http://www.hydracorps.com "Members" Tab

And two points if you forget to pass and unwanted AF falls to you.

Some people have very decked out mannequins.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1 point per run, 0.5 points if you're significantly late or leave significantly early (i.e. before boss is dead).

AF costs 3 points -- you declare a main job upon joining the LS and the person with the most points gets to lot the AF. If they have it, the person behind them in line lots it, etc. Ties mean everyone lots.

You can also declare a secondary job, which you can lot on at no cost if all members who have that job declared primary have it or choose to pass.

The runs are paid for by the Linkshell, so the LS leader gets the currency, and then sells it back to members at a reduced price. (Basically, enough to cover the cost of the run).

Switching jobs costs 50% of your points, except in the case of you having a full set of AF2, in which case you can switch.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i would have 9999999999999999999999 points because i'm a blm who's been doing dynamis for over a year with no af2 8)

and by over a year i mean like 1 1/2 years

We do a really retarded point system, which I completely disagree with.

One point per run, half if there pretty late into the run.

You declare a main job when you join, and if AF drops for your job, you have priority over EVERYONE else that doesn't have that job as their main. Even if you don't have enough points. If everyone has it on their main, then it goes to this.

IF you're 70+ in that job, City AF costs 4p, Beaudicine 6p, and Xarc 8p. Belts and Capes cost 4p.

If you're 60-69, it is -1p on each. 50-59, -2p. So yeah, I disagree with this because people who can't use the AF yet are getting it for cheaper, even though it would be more of a benefit to give it to someone who has it 70+.

I think you should just make people BID points on AF they want, so they can bid how much of their hard work and time they want to put on the line for a certain piece of AF.

Bidding works. Flat points don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo

And two points if you forget to pass and unwanted AF falls to you.

Some people have very decked out mannequins.
    I hardly consider Valor Coronets or Sao-tome Kote, decked out... >_>

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

But c'mon, Valor Coronet looks so much nicer than the Barbuta models of Adaman & Ageishjalmr! Or as my friends refers to it, the pretty pretty princess Tiara.

What about all new people are trial members, And cannot lot AF untill they have come to 10 "Full runs".

Then after their 10 runs they are in for good.

Ever thought about removing the level cap to lot? I want to start collecting PLD af2

Quote Originally Posted by yuriku
    What about all new people are trial members, And cannot lot AF untill they have come to 10 "Full runs".

Then after their 10 runs they are in for good.

Ever thought about removing the level cap to lot? I want to start collecting PLD af2
    Most of our guests don't become members for 2-3 months.

AF Priority goes as such

Highest PTs - Member > Highest PTs - Guest > Autolot 2p

Members can claim by priority 70+, guests can't get unless no member wants. Then they claim by guest priority.

20pts compete lot still applies

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Alot of those systems are terrible. Must be hard to get people to show for ten runs and not be allowed to lot anything.

My LS does the following.

Number of people divided into 1 Mil = Cost per person.

You can lot one job as your first pick. Must be 70+.
    Your second choice can be any level. Second choices are allowed to lot when no first choice people need the AF.
    Single bills and materials are free lotted.
    100 notes have to first choice to lot, not allowed to lot AF unless its a second choice or free lot.

Our system works because we are a small Dynamis LS, not a revloving door like a lot of them. We don't let alot of people in, its the same people almost every week.

My LS does it this way...you get 1 point per each trip. Before a trip, you sign up for the af2 you want to lot, and whoever has the most points gets it. That person's points then reset at 0.

There's a lot more details to it...that's just the cliff notes...but what it does is create a revolving line that allows everyone a chance to get af2.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    My LS does it this way...you get 1 point per each trip. Before a trip, you sign up for the af2 you want to lot, and whoever has the most points gets it. That person's points then reset at 0.

There's a lot more details to it...that's just the cliff notes...but what it does is create a revolving line that allows everyone a chance to get af2.
    This is what one of my previous dynamis linkshells did. It worked *fairly* well for most jobs. The problem is that you end up with 2-3 people on each job (usually) that have tons of points, and when, for instance, no blm af drops in 12 runs in a row, the rest of the blm just quit coming, because they decide they're never getting AF. For those blm that were on those 12 runs, it's not fair to let new people lot against them. By the time the shell ended, myself and 2 other blm had 30+ points each, and no worthwhile blm stuff had dropped (blm legs blow, in other words).

In my current shell, each person picks a static Main and Second job. If you're main drops, you get to lot (no matter how many dynamises you have attended). If all mains have, seconds get to lot by priority 70+, 60+, 50+. We have pretty much a static set of people that go, but it's still annoying when people that only pop on once a month get things like sorcerer's hat, then dissapear again (/annoyed).

As far as af-1 goes, main/secondary holds true, but you have to have the AF2 first. If nobody has, it's free lot.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ive ben in two diffrent LSs

Both gave 1 point for showing up on time, half point for showing up late, and -.5 for leaving earlly.

1 LS anyone can lot as long as you had 1 point, youd wager your points. IE: 1 BLM had 10 points, 1 had 5, and another has 7, who ever is willing to to use the most points can lot. If the one BLM uses 8 points, ofcourse the others cant match that, so he wins. But he loses the 8 points. They can also decide to spend the sam about and duel lot, the winner of that loses the points.

My 2nd LS, is.. kinda unfair in a way, but I like it, sorta. You get points as stated above, but you dont lose any. Say you have 30 points and no on else has more, you get AF before anyone else. If 2 pieces drop, the person below you in points will get the other. Its a hierarchical system. Who ever joined first (pending the dont miss runs) will get 5/5 first, and down the line.

When I joined the 2nd LS, I was under 17 other BLM, now im under 8 others. Ive passed people with 4/5 equip so im basicly next for all BLM drops. But itll be a long time till im 5/5. Having to wait for 8 hat drops will.. uh.. take a looong time. Done so many Xa runs and one has yet to drop.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    When I joined the 2nd LS, I was under 17 other BLM, now im under 8 others. Ive passed people with 4/5 equip so im basicly next for all BLM drops. But itll be a long time till im 5/5. Having to wait for 8 hat drops will.. uh.. take a looong time. Done so many Xa runs and one has yet to drop.
    that's similar to how BG works. you simply can't be fair to new people and old people at the same time because the game and the drop rates are not fair.

the rules are there to "fix it" so it's more fair for some people, and if people don't like the rules they can join another group because somewhere there will be one that operates differently.

and while some of our rules are extremely top heavy, we try to have other rules that balance them out.

http://www.dynamisbums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126

We don't use a points based system in my dynamis LS. You can check the link above to see the expansive rules we have setup. We've got a very loyal and active group of people and have had nothing but success in getting people the AF2 they desire. We just had our 40th member complete a set of Af2 and on average each person has almost 4 pieces of AF2. That's with over 100 active members in the LS. You can do a seniority based system with the right group of people and have no problems. Except for a little whining now and then I'd say everyone is more then happy with how AF2 ends up being distributed.