Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Any woodworkers at 100? Need advice 98-100

Anyways, I'm just asking some advice on how to do the last two levels of woodworking without spending more than I should have to.

Also any tips on what to do 98-99. Why I ask is because I've been told Lancewood logs give terrible skillups, so possibly I should try levelling off something else such as..

Code:
    Iron Splitter
    Wind Crystal + Walnut Lumber x2 + Adaman Ingot

Steel Splitter
    Wind Crystal + Steel Walnut Lumber + Iron Splitter

Steel Walnut Lumber 
    Wind crystal + Wood Ensorcellment (key item, makes warp cudgels) + Walnut Log + Earth Anima + Dark Anima

Kinkobo Staff
    Wind Crystal +Etheral Vermillion + Primate Staff

Primate Staff (caps 99)
    Wind Crystal + Darksteel ingot + gold ingot + yellow rock x2 + mercury + cassia lumber + vermillion laquer

Orichalcum Lance
    Fire Crystal + Orichalcum Ingot + Darksteel ingot + Ash Lumber x2 + Ruby

Staurobow
    Wind Crystal + Darksteel ingot + Mahogany Lumber + Ebony Lumber + Rattan Lumber + Carbon Fiber + Flauros Whisker + Unicorn Horn
    What I am asking in specific is if I am able to farm say adaman ore(other than turtle lol) or most of the materials or any tips on how to skill up the most effective way for these last two levels...

I plan on doing lancewood lumber 98-99 with overwhelming wind energy in MH. And only crafting 0% new moon iceday. The best thig to make 98-100 if you dont do lancewood lumber is Staurobow. on my server you will break about even. They just tend to sell slow.

{EDIT}

Steel Walnut Lumber is a level 21 synth.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Staurobow requires flauros whiskers... I'm assuming its a NM like ose but is it soloable at all?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Linkinfate
    Staurobow requires flauros whiskers... I'm assuming its a NM like ose but is it soloable at all?
    He is a hell of a lot easier than Ose and very soloable. Just watch out because he's definitely camped, and probably by gilsellers.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Uh I certinly would not do 2 levels of adaman, that would be stupid when there is cheaper/slower alternatives. Do the logs til 99 for sure, find out when people do dynamis - windurst and buy directly.

99-100 break iron/steel splitters. If you have smithing fully leveled then =( sucks to be you.

doing iron/steel splitters now with Staurobow out there is a total waste of money and time.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Also a pain in the ass to gather the materials to do 30~ synths.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If you have have the subs to make Primate staffs / Kinkobos i would do that to 100. If not do Iron splitters to 100. What i did was stop my smithing at 45, I loaded my mog house with wicker boxes (Overwhelming wind). With the 45 smithing sub i never completed a synth but being i have Overwhelming energy i only lost 7 adaman ingots out of 28 synths.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

yeah lancewood is terrible i've run through 4stacks of logs to get only .6 skill up. Maybe I'm just lucky or i'm doing on the wrong day.

whore

you shoulda used the search option cause i made a post like this earlier

or coulda asked me chiz or lycurgus since we're in the ls. ;x

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ya i know but im barely on ;o

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I got WW100 2 weeks ago. I did 98-99 with 39 logs, crafting these as they popped at AH. The first .9 were fast, but the last .1 was hell (14 synths without a skillup).

99-100 I did Iron/steel-splitters, managed to get my full level with 31 synths, in a single sitting, @iceday during full moon. I had 18 Adaman Ingots, didn't fail a single Iron-Splitter synth, but failed a few (I think 3) Steel-Splitters.

For 98-99, gil-wise, Lancewood lumber is probably better, but if you feel it's slow, you could throw in a few Iron/Steel-splitters. Too bad it's pure loss ><

my only suggestion is dont go through with it and quit woodworking because in the end you only have hq staves to rely on.