Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brenner: More Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Everyone I know is actually excited about this.

After I get my stupid Morbolger Vine, I'm gonna go straight to it. >.>;

Notes please for the lazy people with the cheap browsers at the back

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah, I'll be going to this soon after NM's die. But we'll see what the new items are, too.

Teams of 1-72 people, Brenners everywhere for a side

Do a certain amount of damage to the brenner, your team claims it as theirs

Defend your brenners while taking over the other teams

takes place on replica of purogonagongongo isle

Public Match times (all can enter) with level caps, Private Matches, and even LS vs. LS matches exist

AKA THIS MIGHT FUCKING OWN

Banned.

BG Level

O-M-F-G.

Each one has a Defender. I saw this thing kill a PLD alone, using Firaga III for about 3/4 his health, followed by a Thundaga III for the rest.

I imagine this using Dynamis-like tactics when good people play. I think its best to avoid while the noobies that their fun for the first week.

Also, there is a LS ranking which owns.

This has A LOT of potential, at least for Private matches.

Banned.

BG Level

Btw, after playing a round, this thing owns so hardcore. So much better than Ballista.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

LOL @ this.
    Screaming "I WILL KILL THIS OVEN THING!!" while being nuked to bits by a detector = priceless

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah, this is a LOT of fun. Just got Striders off Simmy earlier so I'm loving those even more.

I definately like a lot of things about it, will depend on my mood of which one I do if it comes to choosing one or the other.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

This is so much fun.

I had a blast doing Brenner.

Be careful of being grouped with retards though. Most of my team for the very first match just ran around smacking everyone. It was dumb. Once the objective became clearer it was just a barrel o' monkeys.

Banned.

BG Level

I made the second match of the server, only invited people from HNM LSes(gave one member a page each to hand out) + a level 61 DRG friend. It was awesome. I don't think I'll ever invite strangers into matches I run. Could totally ruin the mood.

Some fag on Remora keeps reserving the matches for lvl60, its really annoying lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good God those posten are annoying

That stun WS SUCKS

Banned.

BG Level

Take them out first, then start working on the lamp.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Posten definently suck
    SleepgaII >> FiragaIII me
    Sleep>> Bind >> ThundeerIV me

Then when i chased the guy with the flame, 2 of them came up and kept voking me. They must be played by GMs ;_;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I wish they'd make at least 2 blocks a night as official uncapped, having all that fun AND getting 500exp every 30 minutes is just great.

^^

SE scores big points fr this one, its really fun once people get the idea of it down". But i can see it dyin out like ballista did. Brenner needs alot people to work, i dont think would be as much fun with small teams of 7-10 as it is with 20+

blax n gunz
    BG Level

ballista died out?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Brenner will be fun once everyone learns how to play it. Today's runs were kind of bleh, people were sitting there just killing me and I wanted to ask them if they wanted Gate Breach. I thought about it and realized there's no point killing unless he's taking a flame back, attacking your lamp, or supporting the carrier. Otherwise it's practically instant recovery with full HP and MP. The killer also blows his TP on killing you when they could save that to use it on a lamp.

The whole mentality of "if I kill you, I'm better... if you kill me, I'm weaker" will ruin you in Brenner teamgame. Deaths are strategic and kills should be as well. The person who's beating up the lamp will most likely be attacked and weakened, so therefore he should sacrifice himself and distract killers after he kills the lamp -- and NOT carry the flame himself. A full HP PLD or THF could stand by near (invisible) and then run in and grab the flame for a run back to camp while supports stand by and clear a path.

Strong attackers such as MNK's and RNG's should literally run in every chance they can and constantly take down the lamp HP's even though they die. Death means nothing, just return and repeat (as an attacker).

With all this "let's kill each other bloodbath style Ballista Diorama" attitude, it makes for a poor game. For instance, I played BRD today, which was very effective at stopping whoever took our flames. I would Lullaby them. Guess what happens afterwards a second later... some NIN or THF runs up and pokes them without waiting for a solid backup group (of binders, stunners, gravities, and DD) to arrive and take the flame carrier out. So he pokes once, and it's goodbye to our flame.

Anyway, these are some of the things I picked up on today. Hopefully we can all get better (myself included) and it'll be more fun as the days go by.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Yeah it's definitely nothing like standard Ballista; some .jps on our server just held an open 60-cap match.

Food is absolutely pointless in Brenner; you die far, far more often than you do in standard ballista because almost everyone winds up on offense at some point and if you get careless those stupid detector mobs will just stun you and nuke you to cinders. 5-second homepoint recovery ftw though.

It's great fun though, there's a lot more action and less people standing by a rook doing nothing but dig for petras. Capture the flag go go go!