Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    The AH was great and was the best of any MMORPG when it came out, but the /search system is the worst.
    Actually, Part of the reason the economy is so bad, is because the last 10 transactions are shown... People know what sells for what, so they can raise their prices if there are none avialable at the time. IMO, take away the last 10 trasactions page. Then people need to set their own price. If it doesn't sell, tought shit.

IMO, you might as well abolish the AH if you remove the sales history. It would be a pretty fucking annoying if it didn't have a sales history. I probably wouldn't use it at all...just Bazaar everything or live purely on contract crafting.

I sell a lot of shit...price histories guide me more than just in price. They also tell me how much is selling, and who is buying. Without that info, I wouldn't have a clue as to what is in demand and what is overstocked or understocked. I would probably mark up my goods a whole lot more, because less info = more risk, which means I need more return in order to maintain the same net result.

It also lets buyers know what to expect to pay. So many people in this game have no clue how to price crafted goods, mainly because they have no clue how the crafting system works. Often if I'm putting up a product with a large deviation from the price history, I'll announce that by buying it from myself for the price I expect, and then relist it. I'll do this both with significant price raises, usually the result of source material pricing changes or rarity of the item, or price drops, usually the result of source material pricing changes or overstock on my part.

Buyers always have the option of refusing to buy something if it's jacked up beyond what they feel is a fair price. It's a shame they don't actually act on this option more frequently. I "boycott" price increases all the goddamn time, and I have no sympathy for people who feel pressured to buy the overpriced good simply because it's the last one on AH. Have some goddamn patience, or reap what you sew with your lack of self-control.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    And except the for the big crafters (90-100 I guess?) that need to send lots of money between their mule, this update is awesome.
    this is very common these days... many ppl have lvl 100 crafts, many lses have ls mules with millions of gil...

what this does is:
    - hassle ppl who send more then 1million gil (i turn over 20 mil a day)
    - hassles ppl who wholesale gil, now they have to meet with people in person, maybe forcing them to buy an airship pass
    - makes the person buying gil wait 15min longer, airships take time you know..

wholesaler not interupted to much, buyer not interupted to much.... fricking annoying wasting a crafters time... what you want me to do, buy a second account so i can transfer from char to char?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    funny thing is, SE deleted all of this gil (in the billions or whatever)

people say SE is afraid of lawsuits, that's why they aren't deleting suspected RMT accounts

so what's stopping them from deleting the accounts (along with the gil) of the RMTers?

I mean if they're deleting gil from accounts, wouldn't that be risking a lawsuit as well? I don't see the difference

*edited
    https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index03.html -> PlayOnline Member Agreement
    Article 4: Ownership, Rights, and Restrictions
    4.1 Ownership and Rights.
    SEI (and, to the extent applicable, its licensors) owns and shall retain all right, title and interest in and to the PlayOnline Service, the Software and all Documentation, and will be the sole owner of any and all data you generate through your use of the PlayOnline Service, and you receive only limited rights to access and use PlayOnline Service, the Software and all Documentation, as set forth in any applicable license agreement. SEI shall reserve its rights in its sole discretion to delete, alter, or transfer any and all data at any time without notice to User. Further, SEI shall have the right to assign and/or delegate in its sole discretion its rights and obligations under this Agreement in whole or in part to third party at any time without notice to Users. PLAYONLINE, THE SOFTWARE AND THE DOCUMENTATION ARE PROTECTED BY UNITED STATES AND FOREIGN COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK LAWS, AND INTERNATIONAL TREATIES, AND ARE THE SUBJECT OF TRADE SECRETS. UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE SOFTWARE IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES.

Black Belt
    BG Level

people say SE is afraid of lawsuits, that's why they aren't deleting suspected RMT accounts
    they're not afraid of lawsuits, they aren't deleting suspected RMT accounts because not all suspected RMT accounts are RMT accounts. that's why it's called "suspected".

they are afraid of getting the wrong people, i'm afraid of them getting the wrong people too, LS mules, Crafting mules, etc.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

No one else did it, so I'm going to:

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!

Windurstain Tea Party!

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Wow, I hate SE so much I just assumed they would go for the kill and have a sales tax. Uh oh, I guess I just gave them a new idea.

That almost sounds worse, yes lets screw people who move money between their mules.
    Honestly, what is the percentage of people per server sending more than 1mil between their mule? I personally rarely send more than 500k.

And except the for the big crafters (90-100 I guess?) that need to send lots of money between their mule, this update is awesome.
    how about people that do splits on BCNMs? Wouldn't you hate to be the person sending out gil for KS99 KB? It's hard enough to get people to check their in boxes anyways, now you can only send out 1 million at a time.

Not to mention some people leave gil on their mules so they don't spend it on frivilous crap and/or so if their account gets hacked, the person hacking them might miss the gil on the mule.

Nice try SE, but try doing something that actually hurts them...you know, like spending $10 to buy some gil, and banning everyone under the same IP as the person that gives you the gil.

Next patch: Property taxes on your mog house, and rentarooms will actually have rent.

Banned.

BG Level

When did a 'maybe' become 'for sure'?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    they're not afraid of lawsuits, they aren't deleting suspected RMT accounts because not all suspected RMT accounts are RMT accounts. that's why it's called "suspected".

they are afraid of getting the wrong people, i'm afraid of them getting the wrong people too, LS mules, Crafting mules, etc.
    i think you're missing the point

wouldn't removing RMT gil be just as lawsuit-worthy as deleting the RMT accounts themselves? If an RMT would bring up a Lawsuit against SE for deleting their character over suspected RMT, don't you think they'd do the same thing if SE deleted all their gil? again, I don't see the difference between the two, I'm sure both would piss off the owner of the account

and to the person who quoted me and then threw up the TOS rules, I had always been under the impression that SE had the right to remove any data, and that includes character accounts as well as gil? i dunno

Demosthenes11

wouldn't removing RMT gil be just as lawsuit-worthy as deleting the RMT accounts themselves? If an RMT would bring up a Lawsuit against SE for deleting their character over suspected RMT, don't you think they'd do the same thing if SE deleted all their gil? again, I don't see the difference between the two, I'm sure both would piss off the owner of the account

and to the person who quoted me and then threw up the TOS rules, I had always been under the impression that SE had the right to remove any data, and that includes character accounts as well as gil? i dunno
    I don't think the people that are so desparate they need to work in a chinese sweatshop 7 days a week for 12 hours a day are typically the ones in positions to file a lawsuit...

Old Merits
    BG Level

If SE let you have 100 inventory slots and 150 mog house slots, and unlimited AH slots, there would never be any need for mules. What's more, ingredients and such would be more readily available (since people will have no reason not to put stuff on AH as opposed to trashing) and for low level equipment and common synthesis materials will go down in price.

Black Belt
    BG Level

no, you're missing the point.

SE isn't afraid of lawsuits because the ToS protects them completely. THE END.

ToS is not a binding contract as you don't sign it. (However, some courts have upheld them anyway.)

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

It's simple. SE just wants money, they could care less about anything else. So they will do the bare minimum they need to insure they get the most money per-month.

People quit the game over the RMT BS. SE realised that RMT'ers were costing them money. They won't ban accounts that buy because there are more of them then there are sellers. Banning the accounts that buy the gil is like asking a paying customer to leave. You know hes gonna pay, and play for a while... HE JUST SPENT 400$ ON A OSODE, HES NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

You guys are overthinging things. If you were a business and you knew your customer base will comapin alot but never really leave, what would you do. They just did what they needed to for people to think they cared about it.

If the problem that the RMT'ers caused, cost SE more money a month then then the money they got from having them around then SE will do something about it. If the RMT'ers never caused inflation or made anyone mad, then SE would of NEVER stopped them in the first place.

We all know that no matter what we do there will always be some form of RMT. Thinking of a system that prevents the RMT'ers from affecting the overall economy is a better idea then trying to stop all the RMTing all together. Because when it really comes down to it, if someone spends 100,000$ a month on gil, but it never directly affected you, would you give a damn?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    I don't think the people that are so desparate they need to work in a chinese sweatshop 7 days a week for 12 hours a day are typically the ones in positions to file a lawsuit...
    I imagine it would be the person running said sweat shop who would file the lawsuit, not the worker controling the character... Look at how much internet advertising they spend on. Don't think they could afford a lawyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    ToS is not a binding contract as you don't sign it. (However, some courts have upheld them anyway.)
    Since when do all contracts need to be signed to be legally binding? (They don't)

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vudoodoodoo
    Windurstain Tea Party!
    your historical pun fails.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    If SE let you have 100 inventory slots and 150 mog house slots, and unlimited AH slots, there would never be any need for mules. What's more, ingredients and such would be more readily available (since people will have no reason not to put stuff on AH as opposed to trashing) and for low level equipment and common synthesis materials will go down in price.
    I'm gonna go with door #1.

That is a fact. Zero liability rule. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    I'm gonna go with door #1.

That is a fact. Zero liability rule. Gotta love it.
    The ToS is not a leagally binding agreement as you do not sign it. Although a few courts have upheld ToSes and EULAs, they are technically not contracts and if you are sued you should try to fight it.