Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Tax on sending gil in the future

They didn't do it this time, but they are thinking about it.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/inform ... 60221.html

They considered a tax on sending gil. Just die SE.

Hey, they should limit people from trading with other people to one trade an hour. That will stop IGE banks from trading with RMT'ers and won't affect any players....

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Get rid of the f*in tax in jeuno bazaars, too... Ugh...

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

the possibility of more taxes doesnt appease me ; ;

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

They should tax bazaar's outside Jeuno so everything is on AH where you can see price history and people have to undercut each other.

just hope you have a char that cant die in rolanberry fields with there name starting with A, and a "want to sell" comment and 1000 rolanberry bazaars wont affect you...

search "want to buy" on cerberus, you get a truncated list around N or M.... so some ppl get shafted... (searching bazaars is bullshit...)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenu
    just hope you have a char that cant die in rolanberry fields with there name starting with A, and a "want to sell" comment and 1000 rolanberry bazaars wont affect you...

search "want to buy" on cerberus, you get a truncated list around N or M.... so some ppl get shafted... (searching bazaars is bullshit...)
    The hardcore bazaar searchers will go through the remaining letters:
    /sea all n (configure it to see item comments)
    /sea all o (configure it to see item comments)
    /sea all p (configure it to see item comments)
    /sea all q (configure it to see item comments)
    etc etc~

Annoying, but gets the job done.

Narcissa

"A tax on sending gil was among the measures considered"

From my understanding, they're just talking about sending gil... not spending gil.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Wow, I hate SE so much I just assumed they would go for the kill and have a sales tax. Uh oh, I guess I just gave them a new idea.

That almost sounds worse, yes lets screw people who move money between their mules.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

maybe they can fix the fucking truncation when your search results find 80 ppl...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zhila Zelena
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenu

It's times like this when I wonder why I picked a name that starts with Z. Sometimes I think I get jipped on party invites too, when someone else with the same job/level is seeking as me ._.

The vast majority of transactions are players who are not RMTing. Taxing and limiting gil transactions is just hurting players. If you have to pick up your gil at one of IGE's bot-mules conviently located in every town instead of recieve it at your mog, who gives a fuck. It will have NO effect on RMT, but it's going to hurt the players. SE doesn't give a fuck about you, it's that simple. If they wanted to stop RMTing they could do it easily and cheaply, but they'd rather be dumbasses about it and do stupid shit like this which costs nothing and lets them give a nice press release which will make people think they're doing something, but just frustrate the fuck out of the players who need to send 1m+ gil as gil splits on ENMs, BCs, HNMs etc. SE fucks their mothers, goats, babies, puppies, and steal your grandmother's pension.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    maybe they can fix the fucking truncation when your search results find 80 ppl...
    Until they do (but I assume they can't because of PS2 Memory ), you have to settle for 1 letter at a time after truncation unless there is another way.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    The vast majority of transactions are players who are not RMTing. Taxing and limiting gil transactions is just hurting players. If you have to pick up your gil at one of IGE's bot-mules conviently located in every town instead of recieve it at your mog, who gives a fuck. It will have NO effect on RMT, but it's going to hurt the players. SE doesn't give a fuck about you, it's that simple. If they wanted to stop RMTing they could do it easily and cheaply, but they'd rather be dumbasses about it and do stupid shit like this which costs nothing and lets them give a nice press release which will make people think they're doing something, but just frustrate the fuck out of the players who need to send 1m+ gil as gil splits on ENMs, BCs, HNMs etc. SE fucks their mothers, goats, babies, puppies, and steal your grandmother's pension.
    Actually that was me, it's my way of saying "hi".

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Really if SE were to impose an overall tax on ALL sales and trades or whatever that just opens more options for farming. Remember when Beaudeax was the hot spot to farm? You could NPC those items, now that gil means almost nothing. If an overall tax came, gil would be worth more and that farming would come back as viable. And things would balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Until they do (but I assume they can't because of PS2 Memory ), you have to settle for 1 letter at a time after truncation unless there is another way.
    PS2 has 30 megs of main memory, it shouldn't have a problem with a list. SE just sucks. It's the same reason you miss tells, linkshell and party chat when you zone. Nothing to do with PS2 and everything to do with SE not giving a fuck.

The AH was great and was the best of any MMORPG when it came out, but the /search system is the worst.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The PS2 thing was sarcasm ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Wow, I hate SE so much I just assumed they would go for the kill and have a sales tax. Uh oh, I guess I just gave them a new idea.

That almost sounds worse, yes lets screw people who move money between their mules.
    Honestly, what is the percentage of people per server sending more than 1mil between their mule? I personally rarely send more than 500k.

And except the for the big crafters (90-100 I guess?) that need to send lots of money between their mule, this update is awesome.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Tax on sending gil in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Hey, they should limit people from trading with other people to one trade an hour. That will stop IGE banks from trading with RMT'ers and won't affect any players....
    bye bye tele-taxi lawl

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    If they wanted to stop RMTing they could do it easily and cheaply
    How would you suggest they do it, Flux?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

funny thing is, SE deleted all of this gil (in the billions or whatever)

people say SE is afraid of lawsuits, that's why they aren't deleting suspected RMT accounts

so what's stopping them from deleting the accounts (along with the gil) of the RMTers?

I mean if they're deleting gil from accounts, wouldn't that be risking a lawsuit as well? I don't see the difference

*edited