Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just one quick question about Apocalyptic Beast...

Just was curious and was wondering before we entered Buburimu here in a min, does Apocalyptic Beast resist stun at all? Or is it pretty much 100% effective?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm not sure if he always resists, but I saw a couple last run I was at.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

he's stunnable.

If you, however, find a legitimate need to stun him, you're not fighting in the right place.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

He's stunnable? >_>

One of the reasons I wasnt looking forward to this was because I hear he was 100% immune to it.

/grin

wait wtf am i talking about. The end zone is an 18 man place, lol. /snuggle Dyna-Xarca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    He's stunnable? >_>

One of the reasons I wasnt looking forward to this was because I hear he was 100% immune to it.

/grin

wait wtf am i talking about. The end zone is an 18 man place, lol. /snuggle Dyna-Xarca.
    Dynamis-Buburimu is quite possibly the biggest joke out of the new dynamises.

It's really, really easy. Kill the WHM NM, kill two of the dragons, kill AB, farm.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

we tried Queefim and got raped, lol.

But this was way before anyone knew any info about them. I wanna do 1 just for fun/change of scenery though

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ok ive done quite a bit of research just about everything i can find off these forums being bout the best info out there from a forum. We got Airtavars(sp) dead, and WHM NM dead easy. Everyone went to the beach, mages up on ledge, tanks and DD on beach. Pulled AB, he got through all his 2hrs and shit and started them over again by the time we died. We wiped and got booted outta Dynamis with AB at 60%. Bout 7 BLM's or so, 1 PLD tank, which was because 2 werent on (>.< orz) so required 1 PLD and 2 NIN's to hold hate so BLM's couldnt exactly zerg him down. So seriously, not sure if im looking in the wrong place or we going about it wrong but, what exactly makes this fucker easy cuz he was resisting everything like a bitch. After 20 mins of fighting got him to 60%? WTF! Only thing i can think of is PLD Invincible Order and BLM's go nuts and/or make a SC with SAM's. Please let me know whut makes this guy "cake...."

What Genosync said.

This zone is a pushover. I know I might get flamed for this, but I'd almost even say it is borderline fun.

Just don't pull the urganites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Ok ive done quite a bit of research just about everything i can find off these forums being bout the best info out there from a forum. We got Airtavars(sp) dead, and WHM NM dead easy. Everyone went to the beach, mages up on ledge, tanks and DD on beach. Pulled AB, he got through all his 2hrs and shit and started them over again by the time we died. We wiped and got booted outta Dynamis with AB at 60%. Bout 7 BLM's or so, 1 PLD tank, which was because 2 werent on (>.< orz) so required 1 PLD and 2 NIN's to hold hate so BLM's couldnt exactly zerg him down. So seriously, not sure if im looking in the wrong place or we going about it wrong but, what exactly makes this fucker easy cuz he was resisting everything like a bitch. After 20 mins of fighting got him to 60%? WTF! Only thing i can think of is PLD Invincible Order and BLM's go nuts and/or make a SC with SAM's. Please let me know whut makes this guy "cake...."
    You only got him to 60% in 20 minutes? If so, you need to seriously rethink your damage strategy. How many people are you taking? Unlike the old zones, you really need a full group or close to it to succeed ... if you're only taking 20 people, you're going to have serious issues. Once he is pulled and in position, he goes down in 5 minutes for us tops ... it's probably closer to 3 minutes. He never gets anywhere close to Mijin Gakure or Astral Flow.

You may also want to consider pulling Tarasca to remove Heavy Stomp ... he is fairly easy to pull, and the paralyze from Heavy Stomp severely cripples your melee damage. We also pull Stollenwurm because he happens to be where we camp and makes for a good way to kill time between pulls. Barong does body slam, but I think he is too annoying to bother pulling.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ok so whut is your main source of damage that does the most to him? Our BLM's are of no means Gimpy, lol couple Genie Weskits and AFv2 hats, etc. But they spells were doin jack, melee doin decent, but yeah, Heavy Stomp sucks. SC and BLM burst with PLD chain Invincible? Sorry for nooby post askin for help but 0/3 on this bastard now. Also tonight we had around 25 people if i remember right, 7 BLM's or so, 3 tanks, 4 RDM's, 3 WHM's, rest bunch of melee. so yeah, give me refined strat if possible, thx in advance, sorry for the request. lolz

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Sooooooo how stunnable is he?

Most bosses in dynamis we defeat with nuke > stun > nuke > sleep if stun isnt ready, DL we take out with the obvious chainstuns.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Was resisting 95% of stuns. -.- orz

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

ewwwwwwwwwww they so made these dynamis zones to stop LS's from mine >:

Oh well, everyone in my dyna-LS has a 2nd job, 3 PLD 6 NIN etc, we can prolly get it done if some people swap around.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Need some strats and set ups on what ppl do to take him down "easily in 2-3 mins" though........

First thing I'd say is add 11 more people.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You need to kill the Quadav NM, Heavy stomp and the one at the start i forget what he does, We dont bother with bodyslam. You should have your SJ back as you enter the zone because who ever enter 1st should of gone and got them. YOu need to then drag him to the beach and put mages/rangger at the top melee at the bottom. Paladin 2 hours and he should be almost dead after 1st invincible with massive blm zerg , We just go mental all 2 hours and such because you won't need 2 hours anymore in the zone. Its really easy and fun seems to be the only new one that is fun though.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ok ill say exactly what we do from start to finish.
    Go in, go get subjobs back, easy.
    Kill the Dragon that roams by the start by Mhuara, easy.
    Kill the Quadav NM that is a WHM, easy.
    First try we went after the Heavy Stomp Dragon and it ended up badly cause we moved entire camp to him and got aggro from gobs and shit and wiped multiple times although we killed him, but not before was like 10 mins left in Dynamis. Earlier tonight we just said fuck Heavy Stomp one and went for AB after Quadav NM.
    Pulled AB to the south beach, mages on ledge, melee and Tanks on beach next to ledge with AB. Only 1 PLD and 2 NIN though, didnt SC, hate got rough, along with his 2hrs and shit, roamed up to BLM's, slowly slowly killed everyone off, especially once he got to Mijin Gakure and Astral Flow in his chain of 2hrs. Eventually time ran out with him at 60%, BLM's werent goin all out cause they knew hate would be rough with only 1 pld and 2 nin, so yeah. With more tanks, mages, how would you say we do this differently? Kill Heavy Stomp Dragon ftw?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yea , you could use another paladin or 2 (we took 3 but 1 is "I DO AS IM TOLD ONRY PALADIN" i.e tell him what to do like "heal yourself, Invicible" etc" so pretty much 2 paladins and they both hold hate well enough to zerg, Heavystomp and bodyslam will destroy your mages if he gets to you.

Killing the Heavy Stomp NM helps a lot. I think that a large chunk of our damage came from melees ... we had some BLMs, but we weren't heavily reliant on them. For our most recent win, our setup was:

BLM BLM BLM BLM SMN BRD
    BLM BLM RDM BRD SMN DRK
    THF RNG MNK WHM RDM DRK

PLD PLD RDM WHM WHM WAR
    THF RNG MNK BRD NIN NIN
    MNK MNK WAR WHM BRD RDM

... or at least that was the plan ... we may have adjusted slightly based on attendance. Honestly in this case, our setup was based more on what people needed the win than it was what jobs would be best suited for the battle. Even that said, it was probably our easiest win thus far.