HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Metallic Chip

Temenos Dat:
    QTemenos Aern QTemenos Aern QTemenos Aern QAern's Wynav QTemenos Aern !QTemenos Aern "QAern's Euvhi #QTemenos Aern $QTemenos Aern %QTemenos Aern &QTemenos Aern 'QTemenos Aern (QTemenos Aern )QTemenos Aern *QAern's Elemental +QAern's Avatar ,QTemenos Aern -QAern's Wynav .QTemenos Aern /QTemenos Aern 0QTemenos Aern 1QAern's Euvhi 2QTemenos Aern 3QTemenos Aern 4QTemenos Aern 5QTemenos Aern 6QTemenos Aern 7QAern's Elemental 8QAern's Avatar 9QTemenos Aern :QTemenos Aern ;QTemenos Aern <QTemenos Aern =QTemenos Aern >QTemenos Aern ?QTemenos Ghrah

Ghrah is boss I presume.

Apollyon area:
    aCarnagechief Jackbodokk aGrognard Mesmerizer
    aGrognard Neckchopper aGrognard Footsoldier aGrognard Grappler
    aGrognard Predator aGrognard Impaler aOrc's Wyvern aNa'Qba Chirurgeon aStar Ruby Quadav aWootz Quadav aFossil Quadav aStar Sapphire Quadav aWhitegold Quadav aLightsteel Quadav aDee Wapa the Desolator aYagudo's Elemental aYagudo's Avatar aYagudo Archpriest aYagudo Knight Templar aYagudo Disciplinant aYagudo Prelatess aYagudo Kapellmeister aYagudo Eradicator

Beastmen gods again !!111 Its so fuckin recycled that they kept the same damn jobs as the beastmen gods in temenos...down to a fuckin T.

The Aern one worries me, RERAISE FTW.

Banned.

BG Level

I heard the drop rate is like 100% on them and when they rr they drop 2-3.

We're purchasing a Metal Chip on Friday, but I'm sure someone will have done this zone already by them. I have a feeling this zone is going to be pretty tough.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Lets add in the 'sea factor' here. I'll edit your post to reflect what is more realistic for SE to implement:

I heard the drop rate is like 30% on them and when they rr they drop a earth cluster.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Lets add in the 'sea factor' here. I'll edit your post to reflect what is more realistic for SE to implement:

I heard the drop rate is like 30% on them and when they rr they drop a earth cluster.
    God forbid they do something right, that would mean all your bitching and trolling would be for naught

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite

God forbid they do something right, that would mean all your bitching and trolling would be for naught
    Until SE starts fixing things from my core list of complaints, I will remain cynical about FFXI.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Then quit fucking playing. (And if you did quit, why post here?)

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My LS did this apollyon today (I wasn't there.. still doing avatar orz)

They said it sucked.

go figure

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    I haven't quit, but I'm not active either(and won't be until SE starts fixing problems from my core list of complaints).

And I'm a forum whore, as is indicated by my post count.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Love that that's what people tell you when you raise valid complaints about this game. Way to go with the kindergarten mentality. "omg you dont like this so why dont you just go away?" Well fact of the matter is most of us like FFXI we just WISH SE would realize they could actually make it a good game.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    My LS did this apollyon today (I wasn't there.. still doing avatar orz)

They said it sucked.

go figure
    win / drops ?

shin

We had a metallic chip drop from appollyon SE, recieved this chip and the normal smalt chip in the final treasue box.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They wouldn't say.. they just went "..." and "don't ask"

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Apollyon was pretty gay, 3 beastmen NMs that spawn lower mobs kinda like dynamis statues. NMs weren't sleepable, and the different beastmen races were resistant/weak to different types of weapons. I was a monk, and on the orcs I was doing 6-20 normal hits while samurais were doing 150+. When we went after the Quadav, my normal hits were 150+ per punch. Magic damage seemed to be halved over all, wasn't really paying attention so could be wrong about that though.

The gay part comes in that the NMs are not sleepable, and they seemed to have timed aggro sort of like the racial ENM. We engaged and killed the orc no problem, got time extension, moved to quadav. Midway through fight, Yagudo aggroed from a mile away and wiped us. Happened again after we RR'd up and rested.

Waste of 75 coins for us, but mobs did drop 3-5 a piece, no items though. Depending on what the boss drops, could be a great farming place given how many coins the mobs drop. We'll see how round 2 goes when we're better prepared.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    Waste of 75 coins for us, but mobs did drop 3-5 a piece, no items though. Depending on what the boss drops, could be a great farming place given how many coins the mobs drop. We'll see how round 2 goes when we're better prepared.
    Seeing as how you can normally farm around 60 coins or so per run, unless you think its going to be way more than 135 coins a run, dunno the point of it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'm in same group as Cephius. Don't think it will be too tough to win our 2nd time through.

Doing a rough estimate of coin drops/mobs in zone, it appears to be about break even if you kill all mobs for the win.

Its all gonna come down to whats in that final box. I wouldn't call these coin farming zones thusfar. (Unless you get your metal chip out of a box in another zone instead of paying for it)

I'm going to venture a guess that the final box will have multiple chips for popping omega and ultima from the respective zones. But who really knows...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shin
    We had a metallic chip drop from appollyon SE, recieved this chip and the normal smalt chip in the final treasue box.
    Well if what this guy said is true, then that is indeed how it looks.

My question is though, can you farm this safely with 7-9 people like you can the normal zones?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

i also did SE this morning with a group of 12, we cleared everything and got smalt+metal from chest

Quote Originally Posted by nsx
    Doing a rough estimate of coin drops/mobs in zone, it appears to be about break even if you kill all mobs for the win.

Its all gonna come down to whats in that final box. I wouldn't call these coin farming zones thusfar. (Unless you get your metal chip out of a box in another zone instead of paying for it)

I'm going to venture a guess that the final box will have multiple chips for popping omega and ultima from the respective zones. But who really knows...
    Did you have 18? It sounds like you had and would need/want 18 and if you're "breaking even" at 75 coins for the run then the zone is an abysmal failure as a coin farming zone. 18 people should have no trouble going as 2-3 groups to existing zones and netting 100-120 coins easily along with 2-3 chips.

Maybe if you trade a metal chip along with a "used" ultima/omega chip to those stupid ebon panels in sea it'll recharge them. That would at least make them useful. Unless new items are dropping from those chests in the metal chip areas, it sounds like yet another SE failure.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

wtf 2 accounts of people clearing SE and getting a Metal Chip, we cleared it and got the normal one Monday -.- Boooooo.