+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IME Help please. =[     submit to reddit submit to twitter

IME Help please. =[

I finally got the IME working on my PC and been having a blast with the JP characters and such. I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to though.

How do I make those japanese funny faces that you always see them using?

Also, how do you make the star, both the hollowed and colored one.

Is there a guide that would show me how to do this? Basically all I am doing is button mashing and hoping it makes some jp haha...

Oh and also the language bar that pops up after changing all the settings allows me to change the type of Japanese I want to type. But I cant get it to show all the icons, i saw it once but never again. I have no clue as to why I cant get it to show the other buttons. All i see is JP Japanese and CAPS as well as KANA(?)... anyone know what I can do to show the rest of the buttons? Any help is appreciated thank you!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I asked a friend in game, he said the new patch broke the IME...

O_o playing with it now it still works fine =\

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

hmm, no idea what he was talking about then

hmm, i just tried that website and i dont know how to load the txt that i downloaded into the IME. Like i described in my above post all it shows on the toolbar is JP Kata and above that it says caps. How do i get the whole thing to show so I can push the button and upload the txt?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

if you used the same install I did...

C:\WINDOWS\ime\imjp8_1\imjpdct.exe

Click the box in the lower, lower right, biggest of the 3 on the bottom.

Then... if I remember right, on the top 4 boxes in the next window (it should have expanded), click the one with a (T), and then the 2nd option from the bottom on that menu.

Then find your text file, hit "open", and you should be set. Alternatively, there are a few defaults in the game if you just type "kora" and cycle through.

or you could just go to http://www.odysseygate.com/ff11/ime for pictured help XD

edit: after you do all that, try typing "kaomoji" in game to cycle through the faces.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

How I did it was I just went into the IME's dictionary, and found all of the faces. Then I copied and pasted it into a new entry with a description of the face. This way I can type 'panic' 'cry' 'mad' etc to get the certain faces I want <.< It's the only reason I got the IME so I figured I would make nice and convenient use of it.