BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If people don't like being notified, turn on the check filter. :X

Just filter it in the chat filters log then you don't see anything.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Milks
    Thats like saying, if you dont want to be shot, just wear a bullet proof vest! When the principle still remains, people can be spam checking you to be dicks, thats why I dont filter mine so I know who checks me and how often, so I can put them in my little black book if they go overboard.

hoe check

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Thats like saying, if you dont want to be shot, just wear a bullet proof vest! When the principle still remains, people can be spam checking you to be dicks, thats why I dont filter mine so I know who checks me and how often, so I can put them in my little black book if they go overboard.
    And yet, if you filtered the check message in the first place, it wouldnt matter to you whether he was checking to see your gear, or spam checking to be a dick, because your gaming experience would not be altered in any way shape or form. There is no real need for people to know that you are checking them, if the message was meant as any kind of role play type "intense stare", it would have been an /emote.

It makes no sense to add a functional feature like looking at a persons gear, and then add a message that turns said gear checking function into a personal invasion of space.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    This right here is the attitude that most JP players have when I suggest that they filter the check message.

"But then how will I know when to be offended?"

WTF. TURN ON THE GODDAMN FILTER IF YOU EVEN SO MUCH AS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT WHETHER YOU LIKE BEING CHECKED OR NOT.

thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5