+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

"they drew the money out of that bank" OH MY GOD ITS A CONSIPARCY...
    "they traveled through dubai airport" YOU FUCK TARDS! dubai is a fucking known for direct international flights around the world...

people from east asia,south asia, persians, africans, middle eastrens travel to UAE to change flights to go to the U.S.

does that make me a terriorst? FUCK NO!

fuck CNN...fuck em with there stupid bullshit...

they didnt say how 2 people from the UAE did so and so...they said how the UAE played a role in the 9/11

GTFO

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hear UAE is nice spot for vacation and their beaches are beautiful.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by royze
    "they traveled through dubai airport" YOU FUCK TARDS! dubai is a fucking known for direct international flights around the world...

people from east asia,south asia, persians, africans, middle eastrens travel to UAE to change flights to go to the U.S.

they didnt say how 2 people from the UAE did so and so...they said how the UAE played a role in the 9/11

GTFO
    Once more, most people seem to be outraged that the ports are not being run by our government, not that the company that is going to run them is UAE. (At least that is what people writing into CNN, blogs, and what not seem to be mad about.) But then thereare people who let themselves get derailed, especially when it has been show that the port system is being grossly mismanged.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any reason why international ports on U.S. soil are controlled by companies, before new owner, run by other countries?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Any reason why international ports on U.S. soil are controlled by companies, before new owner, run by other countries?
    They're not run by other countries, they're run by private companies based out of other countries.

And they're run by private companies for the same reason airports, trains, cars, etc. are run by private companies. That reason? Private companies can do it way better than the Fed. Gov. can.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Didn't know that about Airports etc, but that doesn't change the fact that Cutoms are still controlled by U.S. Gov. right?

Yeah! That's right! Stay out of Jacksonville! hahahaha

We have alot of bases here, old Cecil Field, NAS Jacksonville (I work there ), and Mayport. Chances are I'm forgetting one or something, but whatever.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I hear UAE is nice spot for vacation and their beaches are beautiful.
    the UAE is a modern and very beautiful country. Highly westernized amongst the youth there.

New Merits
    BG Level

Didn't know that about Airports etc, but that doesn't change the fact that Cutoms are still controlled by U.S. Gov. right?
    All the rules governing security are determined by the government, and the company who's taking over had the US review it's security arrangement before putting anything into place. But all of a sudden someone in the company wears a turban and they're taking over the US. The British company never dictated security policy when they were tasked with running the ports.

The biggest problem with all this is :
    The agreement is scheduled to take effect March 2. It was approved by the federal Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States, which includes representatives of the FBI, Pentagon and Treasury, Commerce and Homeland Security departments.
    No checks and balances, the Bush inner circle (FBI, money, antiterrorism) were the only ones involved, the house and senate were not. That's kinda shady, and makes you wonder if something else is afoot. Homeland-racial profiling anti arab-Security approved this shit, so I think the least of our concerns is terrorism entering the US.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not really, considering Bush is all pro-police state.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

We all know the chinese is gonna declare WWIII this time lol...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

GTFO
    Once more, most people seem to be outraged that the ports are not being run by our government, not that the company that is going to run them is UAE. (At least that is what people writing into CNN, blogs, and what not seem to be mad about.) But then thereare people who let themselves get derailed, especially when it has been show that the port system is being grossly mismanged.
    Sept would you agree that unsecured ports and borders have been one of the main problems under Bush? It seems to be frequently mentioned each time I watch a newscast of any sort, e.g. o'reilly.

As for dubai, all I know is that it's a paradise and I wanna go there.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I watch a newscast of any sort, e.g. o'reilly.

Credibility lost.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by merper
    I watch a newscast of any sort, e.g. o'reilly.

Credibility lost.
    I agree. I'm all for this thread saying 'for once i agree with bush' and 'fuck cnn', but even I cannot think that anyone could seriously use bill o'reilly as their source of news Sarcasm,maybe?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey zigma...

i believe you're from a latino background...correct?

let me put it this way...

if i hear on the news that a crazy hispanic person killed many people and he was labeled a "crazy mexican serial killer"...

do you think i should kick all hispanics people from my country and stop international busniess relations with any south american country just because of our friend mentioned above?

ASIDE from my mother and father being from puerto rico, i really don't really have a hispanic backround other then that (I was born in the US.) I knew posting a thread like this was going to bring up mix feelings but this is not a personal attack on UAE but more of a questional debate on how it can affect us. Imagine if the USA was Dubai and Israel some how got in control of one of the islands that make up dubai(?) Would you feel comfortable?

One of the reasons why I (and im sure the USA and others in power) didn't have a problem with the british controlling these ports is the fact that they are part of NATO and are allies of the US for a long time. UAE is not. It's a very touchy subject because I am in no way trying to offend you or your country but you can't just ignore the shit that has taken place in the past few years.

Demosthenes11

UAE or any other arab nation controlling our ports is a serious issue.

It's a good idea, you know, when you are putting in charge a country that has close ties to the thing you are at war with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunshinagain
    come on, its not like UAE is gona bomb you lol.
    Get the terrorist shit out of your head..
    The fact that you said that really bugs me. Who the fuck thought we were going to get rammed with 2 planes? UAE has close ties in the past with islamofascism, and that is reason enough not to trust them.

Hey zigma...

if i hear on the news that a crazy hispanic person killed many people and he was labeled a "crazy mexican serial killer"...

do you think i should kick all hispanics people from my country and stop international busniess relations with any south american country just because of our friend mentioned above?
    No, but I sure as hell am not going to put the "crazy mexican serial killer"'s brother in charge of watching my house

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11

It's a good idea, you know, when you are putting in charge a country that has close ties to the thing you are at war with.

The fact that you said that really bugs me. Who the fuck thought we were going to get rammed with 2 planes? UAE has close ties in the past with islamofascism, and that is reason enough not to trust them.

Hey zigma...

No, but I sure as hell am not going to put the "crazy mexican serial killer"'s brother in charge of watching my house
    you miss the point....

would you hire any person with hispanic background just because of racial profiling?

this case has opened no debate but brought more racist issues that i didn't think i would ever see happening..

i am very disappointed on how you people(americans) are affected strongly by you're media..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i wanna see that man-made island in dubai

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11

Hey zigma...

you miss the point....

would you hire any person with hispanic background just because of racial profiling?

this case has opened no debate but brought more racist issues that i didn't think i would ever see happening..

i am very disappointed on how you people(americans) are affected strongly by you're media..
    No, you're just taking it the wrong way and turning it into a racial issue then looking at the past, present and the near future. Lemmie tell you something about the term "racist." Nobody knows what it means anymore. Black people saying white people can't say "nigga" the same way they say it are racist. Then they turn around and call white people racist for some other bullshit. Blacks are FAR more racist than whites.

Blacks are like "us and them,"Whites just don't give a damn. Someone isn't a racist unless their decisions and conclusions are influenced by the color of someone's skin. Don't forget that. People get called a racist all the time, I mean ALL the time. But they absolutely are not. You should not care about what color anyone's skin is, you should care about the decisions they make.

Racial profiling isn't racism either. So don't let that confuse you.

It is a FACT that there are no white Muslim suicide bombers.

No white person has ever hijacked a plane and crashed it.

No white person has ever strapped on a bomb and blown up a church.

ONLY middle eastern, young male, Muslims do that.

So it's ok to stereotype in that respect, sure you will get offended at it and you will get angry over a lot of stuff, which is what led to the term "ROP." "Religion Of Peace." ( Read this if you get a chance http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=439855 )

An R O Per is a Muslim who is violent. Such as terrorists, and the politicians in Iraq and Iran right now. Muslims are barred from violence by their own religion. So what do they do? They set buildings on fire and riot in Europe because someone drew a cartoon. So yeah, they will get mad. They have been an angry, warlike people for 6,000 years and that won't change. so fuck them, I will speak my mind.

The religion of Islam (Muslims) bar all violence that is very true It's the core belief of the religion. But it's very ironic that Muslims are the single most violent people on the planet.

But I always remember that not all Muslims are the same. There are plenty who do hate violence and will not act the way others do. All Arabs are not the same, All Muslims are not the same. And all religions have wacky, dangerous offshoots, like what happened in Waco. But Muslims take it way too far when they split from true Islam. Blowing up schoolbusses full of little girls. For their god. The war in the middle east is a bullshit war, They hate each other, but they don't act unless the others act first. But I also keep in mind that It's not the majority of people who pick up guns and shoot at Israeli and US forces in Iraq and Iran and Jordan. It's the religious extreme. judahs, i mean Jihadists etc. All they want is to do as much damage as possible to anyone who doesn't gree with them. They are the minority. There aren't many as compared to the general population. But the reality is that it only takes one guy with a bomb to take out a mosque, Yay.

As far as the media goes, As if other countries don't form their strong negative opinions of the US because their media feeds them crap? Please...

I don't watch the news because it's all total shit, but every country pays attention to it's media.

If the media doesn't want them to, then they'll twist their reporting as such and the people will listen so don't say "us americans" when it's something thats known to be world wide.

i don't feel comfortable having 6 major ports that have the potential of causing a high risk of national security being run non-us/allies) especially if it's a country from the middle east (who's high on terrorism/war), If that makes me a fucking idiot sheep then so be it.

I know Dubai is rich, 50% millionaires, 20% billionaires, Insanely rich. I don't see why they would let terrorists muck around in their port. There's money to be made, and Osama Bin Laden's $30,000,000 is fucking pocket change in Dubai but it still raises the red flags for me. Yeah, I totally missed the point and If that makes me a fucking moron sheep then so be it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    blahblahblahblahblah
    ONLY middle eastern, young male, Muslims do that.
    blahblahblahblahblah
    european,young,male muslims do that too

ok can we get back on the fuck cnn topic? it makes me feel warm inside