Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with Crafting...?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Problem with Crafting...?

.. or perhaps the problem is with my math skills.. .

I was finally getting around to leveling my Leathercraft for a sub skill, and this happened to me the other day as well

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...atherCraft.jpg

That adds up to 1.1 skill levels right? Parchment's level cap is at 31 and such, no idea why that happened, and besides the other day, this is the first time I have noticed it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

a .2 skillup would put you at 31.1 i would imagine... if you only take .9 skill from there to 32 then your ok.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd
    a .2 skillup would put you at 31.1 i would imagine... if you only take .9 skill from there to 32 then your ok.
    Parchment caps at 31 though O_O I'll try and remember to see how many skillups I get 31-32 when making Ram Leather

You can get a .2 or .3 skillup on an item if you are only .1 away from the cap on it. It happens quite frequently in the early levels (i.e. pre lvl 60). I would bet my money on the fact that that .2 put you at 31.1, and it wasnt actually a glitch. I know it seems weird, b/c technically you are skilling up on the item past its known cap, but thats just the way crafting works in this game... hasnt ever made a lick of sense, dont expect it to start any time soon.

From what I see on the SS there is nothing out of the ordinary except you got a .2 at the end. As someone posted all that more than likely happened is you will be .9 away from the next lvl to 32. I understand that you say parchment caps at 31 just means the next lvl will only need .9 skill up's . Remember on skill ups and this is in regards to all skill ups (i.e crafting, fishing, weapons) everything is rounded to a whole number in other words you dont see a 31.1, 31.2, 31.4 for example.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Exactly the same thing, on exactly the same synth, just happened to me! Weird.