Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Post Multi-Hit WS Nerf Ballista.

How's Ballista been since the Melee Nerf? That's basicaly what it is. One big ass Melee Nerf. Results and Experiences from recent Ballista please.
    From my little experience since the recent Nerf, MNKs have suffered the most. 1VS1, my war/nin actually beat a MNK/SAM yesterday. how? she was doing Horrible ws dmg. The nerf combined with wars defense gear+defender seems promising. when i say horrible ws dmg, im talking -250 Asuran Fists. A DD ninja hit me with Blade Jin for 109, without defender. Drg pentathrusted me for 59 dmg with defender.
    I use Defense food and gear.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Cool now you can all rampage with BST-like numbers :D

You might not like it, but, alot of jobs that dont have 1shotting potential actually like it, it gives more of a fight, rather than getting up, buffing up, just to get 1 shotted.

Im guessing SAM wont get hurt by this, alot of their WS are single strike.

i havent ballista'd in a while, but the single bane of being blm in ballista was sneak arse melee/sam sneaking up and asuran fisting my face for 900 damage

if this nerf changes that, thank the lord <3 <3 <3 more blm ballista ownage yes please.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Speaking as a Taru BLM I really don't think there was a problem with mutli hit weaponskills. MNKs could rape my face if I let them get near me, and I could do likewise to them if I saw them coming.

Tune in for next week's episode: Black Mage Fantasy XI or BLMallista.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

BLM damage is nerfed in ballista too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Nothing gets past this guy

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Cool now you can all rampage with BST-like numbers :D

You might not like it, but, alot of jobs that dont have 1shotting potential actually like it, it gives more of a fight, rather than getting up, buffing up, just to get 1 shotted.

Im guessing SAM wont get hurt by this, alot of their WS are single strike.
    I'm sure you agree the dynamics and mechanisms of success and playability in ballista are far different than anything else in the game. Ballista is nothing like soloing, exp partys or HNM fights. The pace is alot faster. In such a fast pace based struggle, MNKs DOT potential is almost useless. Their dmg per Fist should be as high as it is/was. Their ws's should do huge dmg, because that's all they had in ballista. Sure they have alot of great Job abilitys like chakra and counterstance that give them more survivablity. But however good these abilitys were, they could be countered in creative ways. Paralyze a MNK and 6/10 Times he won't be able to chakra. If you're a drk/war/thf/sam/rng you can easily find ways around mnks counterstance, Ranged attack anyone? sleep bolts? shadowbind?
    The one thing MNK brought to the table that no one else did was a far superior spot dmg output. DRK/SAMs have big WS's too, but they also have alot of usefull tools like Ab Spells, Stun, Drain etc etc. It was in my opinion fair to have mnk be the 1 shot killing machine it was. It was it's only trump card. Wars can go either full attack/full defense, support. Just ask any BLM or WHM what it feels like to have a war standing next to them at all times voking off them and they will say its invaluable. Ninjas are great assasins, almost as good as thiefs.
    But it's not just mnk that has suffered, although it has suffered the most.
    Do you think it's ballance that a job like PLD can cure itself, take massive amounts of dmg, and deal a vorpal blade almost as damaging as a rampage or asuran fists? When i say almost 100-150 DMG difference isnt big . That's what we are looking at today. Asuran Fists for 300-400 dmg, and Vorpal blades for 150-250 DMG. From what i've seen in the new ballista format, it seems the more Hits in the ws, the greater its nerf. Rampage used to do 700 avg, lows of 400, highs of 1100. Averaging now at 400, Highs of 600. Asuran fists has been totally gimped. highs of 700. avg of 400. an 8 hit ws should not do the same dmg as a 5 hit ws. especially from a job that is DMG specific. And of course the RDMs and BLM will pwn even more now. Having taken away melee's only way of countering the nukes, Melee are reduced to nothing more the TP sources.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yay for not getting one shotted now. (/^-^)/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

a MNK hit me with Asuran Fist this morning for 98 damage. The highest Sneak Attack Dancing Edge I did in ballista under this new thing was about 400.

as in, the same way it has always been in ballista? or as in was also nerfed?

because the only way a monk can touch a blm is catching the blm either without buffs, or with an asuran fist in the face - and it seems that the second option is no longer a problem?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    as in, the same way it has always been in ballista? or as in was also nerfed?

because the only way a monk can touch a blm is catching the blm either without buffs, or with an asuran fist in the face - and it seems that the second option is no longer a problem?
    What I meant was, we wont get the same numbers on another player, as we would on a mob. Our nukes were still high, yes, but not at their full potential. But that's hardly our fault, IMO damage in ballista should be calculated as a percentage, not negative % of the end damage that should have been output.

Eg, Thunder3 should be 15-20%, Asuran fists 30% etc.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

hexa ; ;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i dont think ive tried ballista once.. how are rangers in ballista?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Just yesterday I got hit with a 775 Jin from a taru. I was SAM/NIN using jelly ring and def food even.. cant be too bad of a nerf.

While I know he prolly double attacked, thats still a shitload of damage considering gekkos at 200tp with hagun rarely if ever break 700.

well, i still continue oneshot mage with my soul+guillo

without soul i hit around 400-900, don't change for me a lot this DD nerf

My Thunder IV does like 700dmg ; ; /emo

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    hexa ; ;
    Yeah it sure does rock busting out 120-250 Hexa Strikes now ; ;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunters
    well, i still continue oneshot mage with my soul+guillo

without soul i hit around 400-900, don't change for me a lot this DD nerf
    Dude you hit me for 340 Yesterday with Souleater while i was zerked -.-

i am a mnk and well i dont think its such a big nerf due to the big system, i havent tried ballist but in brenner lol i just pwn that damn pot with 10 ppl banging on me and i can stay there for about 1 min. well maybe less but yeah i can prolly take half of the pot's life. As of ws dmg i can still 1shot nonbuffed whms and do about 700-900 on drks and rngs, about 600 on wars. its really not that bad, i actually enjoy fighting mnk/sams since i pwn em now, 3 asuran fists and im not dead XD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

you go as MNK/WAR?