Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assault     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Assault

"Assault" means to make a sudden attack on a fortified area. Your goal in Assault is to fight through an enemy stronghold with a small, elite unit of mercenaries.
    In order to participate, you must first go to the Commissions Agency, where you can view a list of available tasks. Choose any task that interests you, and gather the number of people necessary to finish the operation. Then, enter the enemy's stronghold and complete your tasks.
    If you manage to complete the Assault and make it back alive, the Empire of Aht Urhgan will reward you with fame and an appropriate reward.
    Assault can only be undertaken by small, select groups. In exchange, the Imperial Army will evacuate any non-participants so that you can fully concentrate on the operation. On the other hand, no one will be around to help if you find yourself in trouble, so you must always be on guard.
    100 gil says this is what the "Lure of the Wildcat" quest is for. Salaheem's Sentinels is a group of mercenaries, perhaps completing this quest gets you access to join their mercenary squad and participate in Assault.

Little Mother
    BG Level

100 gil says it's manaburnable :D

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

100gil says you have to be most of the way though ToA storyline, which won't be added to the game until October.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope that at least one or two of the assults are solo. (Or solo with NPC Fellow.)

Yes, I know it's a multiplayer game, but sometimes it is nice to see what I can accomplish with my own skill- not how many times I can press my Refresh macro.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Sounds an awful lot like Expeditionary force...you know, the shit that NO ONE does?

Black Belt
    BG Level

If you manage to complete the Assault and make it back alive, the Empire of Aht Urhgan will reward you with fame and an appropriate reward.
    i wonder if this is going to be appropriate like ENM, Limbus appropriate or appropriate like Garrison and Expeditionary Force appropriate.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru
    Sounds an awful lot like Expeditionary force...you know, the shit that NO ONE does?
    it's not like they can't change that, they just don't want to.

Banned.

BG Level

I love EFs so much ;/. They should add rewards to it, even if it is by SE's twisted standards of "rewards".

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I love EFs so much ;/. They should add rewards to it, even if it is by SE's twisted standards of "rewards".
    You know, if they added a page of Dragon Chronicles or Miratete's Memoires as a victory reward, that would be all they would need to do and people would do them.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Assault

In exchange, the Imperial Army will evacuate any non-participants so that you can fully concentrate on the operation. On the other hand, no one will be around to help if you find yourself in trouble, so you must always be on guard.
    That almost sounds like instancing to me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I want to see a special BC called "Soviet Russia" that involves 18 (relatively) low HP/defense mobs. Upon entering these fights, you will be unable to move until the mobs first attack one of you. There would be one of two fights possible, depending on a karma system they'd have to implement to track how you tend to beat most of your BCNMs.

One possible fight would be against an alliance of NINs, PLDs, WHMs, BRDs, RDMs, BLMs, and some miscellaneous filler melee. The moment your party enters, they start buffing up then run up to you, the tanks voke your party members (forcing them to target them like in Ballista), the RDMs cast Gravity, and kiters take some of your members for a spin around the arena while the rest zerg your party members one by one.

The other fight a party might be given depending on their karma value is against 18 BLM mobs. As soon as you enter, they cast stoneskin/blink then run up to the edge of casting range and begin to all cast Thundaga III at once.

Banned.

BG Level

lmao.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru
    Banigaru won the fucking thread.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I hope that at least one or two of the assults are solo. (Or solo with NPC Fellow.)

Yes, I know it's a multiplayer game, but sometimes it is nice to see what I can accomplish with my own skill- not how many times I can press my Refresh macro

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I want to see a special BC called "Soviet Russia" that involves 18 (relatively) low HP/defense mobs. Upon entering these fights, you will be unable to move until the mobs first attack one of you. There would be one of two fights possible, depending on a karma system they'd have to implement to track how you tend to beat most of your BCNMs.

One possible fight would be against an alliance of NINs, PLDs, WHMs, BRDs, RDMs, BLMs, and some miscellaneous filler melee. The moment your party enters, they start buffing up then run up to you, the tanks voke your party members (forcing them to target them like in Ballista), the RDMs cast Gravity, and kiters take some of your members for a spin around the arena while the rest zerg your party members one by one.

The other fight a party might be given depending on their karma value is against 18 BLM mobs. As soon as you enter, they cast stoneskin/blink then run up to the edge of casting range and begin to all cast Thundaga III at once.
    I laughed so hard. Especially at the thought of a bunch of people watching 18 Taru blms stand outside their agro range casting ThundagaIII. /panicing lmfao

Sounds like a mix of Eco Warrior and WoW, but let's see how it turns out.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Same thing I thought of when I first saw the thread

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lol at fag CT for using USP up there...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineh
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

Yes, I know it's a multiplayer game, but sometimes it is nice to see what I can accomplish with my own skill- not how many times I can press my Refresh macro
    I (mostly) soloed Bloodtear two nights ago (Kiara helped :D ), and I soloed Sewer Syrup last night. It reminded me why I loved to play Red Mage in the first place. (I like being a one-man army.)