+ Reply to Thread

Outdoor music events~ couple of questions

Uhh, I'm doing a project basically about outdoor music events, trying to promote/advertise Parlophone using ambient media (ugh), but I'm kinda stuck...

I've only been to 1 outdoor music event and I reallllly didn't enjoy it, so to those who go regulary and do enjoy it:

what kind of things do you enjoy?
    how do you sleep if you're there for more then a day?
    what do you do inbetween acts?
    when an act is on, do you look directly at the performers or elsewhere?
    when it's raining how do you cope with it?
    do you like to travel light?
    what kinda things do you take with you?

thats all I can think of for now.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

the music, and being there with friends.

you don't sleep, either that or get like an hour of sleep in your car

eat some food, drink some beer, and if they have other stuff like outdoor games, go participate in those.

both. look at the performers for the sake of looking at them, but if it's a crowded concert, looking out for where your friends are and making sure you don't get trampled.

It's just H20, let it pour.

Yes

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The music, sometimes the crowd.

Never been to one more than a day, just quite a few day long ones.

Go get food/drink/wait in line to piss

Usually at the band, sometimes at the pit you're in so you don't get killed

You have to cope with rain? <.<

Yeah, only thing I've ever brought to an outdoor show is a blanket if there are people with us who want to sit and be retarded

See above

The music, being there with friends
    You don’t sleep much, and if you’re tired enough to sleep then there is probably a not so crowded place to lie down.
    Hang out talk with friends, sit down and relax before you get up again to in joy the band, events that is there or watch ppl do freaky shit at the events.
    Heh, normally when I’m in the back I don’t look right at the band b/c their to tiny to see good, so I admire other things around me and listen to the music
    Get wet lol, an in joy the cool off b/c there is a lot of ppl around you that makes a lot of body heat, so the rain is refreshing at times
    Its best to
    Wallet, cell phone, keys to car, and sometimes a blanket

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Re: Outdoor music events~ couple of questions

Of course the music, but also watching how people interact with each other at large shows like this.

If you're sleeping the show must suck.

Try not get blinded by the fat woman in cutoff shorts bending over to pull something out of her bag, look at merch, bathroom break, water break etc.

Both the musicians and the people around me. I remember trying to figure out where the orange glow and heat was coming from at Ozzfest during Pantera. I turn and look back at a gigantic bonfire on the lawn with people dancing around and jumping through it etc. o.O

Cool off. Cuz, at Texas shows its normally 100+ degrees, so if it rains its welcomed.

Stuff your money somewhere you wont lose it and bring your pit face.

See above.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Kemberly pretty much hit the nail on the head, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

What kind of things do you enjoy?

The music is awesome, alot of people are self conscious about going to "clubs" because they dont "know how to dance" which is bullshit, as long as you're having fun who cares, you go and have fun and be with the people you like being around.

How do you sleep if you're there for more then a day?

There should be no sleep, especially if the show is good. (Chances are if its bad, thats why you're sleeping.

What do you do inbetween acts?

Usually take a break, talk with some of the other people there, get something to drink or what not, pretty much get ready for the next act :D

When an act is on, do you look directly at the performers or elsewhere?

I kinda look everywhere, unless I'm way in the back like Kemberly said. You dont' really focus on one place, you just kinda have fun and watch everyone else have a good time.

When it's raining how do you cope with it?

I live in Texas so its welcomed, and when you're with a couple thousand people, it tends to get hot so some cool rain feels so damn good.

Do you like to travel light?

Yes its preferrable.

What kinda things do you take with you?

Money (girls I definently recommend getting a wallet or giving your cash / card to one of the guys, and make sure the place you put it is secure, no loose pants etc) Keys, One of those little Mini fans is good between acts, and your cell phone of course.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: Outdoor music events~ couple of questions

what kind of things do you enjoy? Metal shows primarily
    how do you sleep if you're there for more then a day? Usually I don't sleep much if I was at a rave (lol drugs). But yeah can sleep on the ground or in a car.
    what do you do inbetween acts? go to the bathroom, talk to friends, get drunk/high, play GBA
    when an act is on, do you look directly at the performers or elsewhere? performers then maybe at whatever females I see that are attractive
    when it's raining how do you cope with it? I either look for cover or if I jump in the mosh pit (assuming there is one)
    do you like to travel light? yes
    what kinda things do you take with you? a day or two worth of clothes, flashlight, weed or w/e, GBA, gum, money lol... depends on what kind of show/concert.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

what makes an outdoor event great is free beer. After that add some good music and good audio system.
    If it starts to rain have some Garbage bags handy so ppl can use them to try to keep dry. but when the performance starts im usually in the mosh pit

getting some good ideas here, need more =(