Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DM and AA.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

DM and AA.

Actually on ZM 14. Im not really interested in doing Divine Might, just want to clear ZM for fun. So I wanted to do Ark Angel.

Problem, some friends I asked to do ZM14 with me want to do DM for the earrings.

So here is my question: I've been told by some people that if you do AA you cannot do DM, but if you do DM you can do AA. I've also been told by some other people (including some JPs) that even if you do AA, you can still do DM for the earring. So who's right? Can you do AA, clear ZM, and still do DM for your earring?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i did 2 of the AA battles then did DM

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

If you've already done AA you can still go do DM... there's no restriciton on that. However if you are on ZM14 and you do DM... then you automaticly advance to ZM15 and so you cant start AA anymore. You can of course still go back and help someone else with AA later, just like you can with any mission or BC.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, you can do AA's then come back to do AAx5... However, you can also do Divine Might to complete all AA's at once.

Edit: Corrected mission names.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Doing DM clears the AA mission from your log, so you can't do the AAs if you do DM. DM, however, is a quest and can be done any time, as long as you are on the AA mission or higher.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Yes, you can do Divine Might then come back to do AAx5... However, you can also do AAx5 to complete Divine Might.. (Unless I'm confusing mission names).
    You are...

Divine Might = Trade item to trigger BC against all 5 ark angels at the same time. Reward is an earing, and also automaticly clears ZM14 if you havent done so already the normal way.

Ark Angels = ZM14 mission name. Battle each ark angel one at a time. Defeat all 5 BC to clear ZM14. Clearing this doesnt prohibit you from doing Divine Might in any way what-so-ever.

Ok thank you all :D

in a totally unrelated question involving DM...if you drop your earring, can you get another one or is it one time?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    in a totally unrelated question involving DM...if you drop your earring, can you get another one or is it one time?
    sol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    lol mdn
    Yea you're screwed

/em adds new item to "why SE sucks" list