BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Bahamut Fight #1... Quick Question

Is he melee friendly for MNK, or is it basically a Chi Blast only type of thing?

Thanks in advance. ^^

stick with chi blast, imo don't melee don't give it TP
    eventhough melee isn't really bad for v#1 you still can win.

BLM+RDM+WHM+BRD+PLD+LEECHES

Bahamut#1 BC in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    BLM+RDM+WHM+BRD+PLD+LEECHES

Every BC & HNM in a nutshell.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    BLM+RDM+WHM+BRD+NIN+LEECHES

Fixed.
    Fixed again.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    BLM+RDM+RNG+BRD+NIN+LEECHES

Fixed.
    Fixed again.
    Sorted.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We actually found melee damage pretty viable on Bahamut 1. His TP attacks are crap anyways, as long as everyone is behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    We actually found melee damage pretty viable on Bahamut 1. His TP attacks are crap anyways, as long as everyone is behind him.
    No spike flail?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

monk and ranger do very good in that bc.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    No spike flail?
    It does a puny ass sweep flail which does like 400 or so damage, its really lame...

You can melee it but the asshole spams terror-ga which just sucks...

Melee'd it last night, was doing fine damage (~40-50 per hand) with meat, no brd.

And then someone in my general direction got hate and I got gigaflare'd lol.

You can melee it on the sides and if you really wanted to miminize damage taken, have someone call out when Bahamut gets close toa 10% interval and have the melee run back to the mages for a second. Bahamut is nice and squishy so its a fun fight for melee. SAM works well there too

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Bahamut doesnt have good defence -_- The only time melee does shit damage is most likley at the start, when he has Phlanx, Stoneskin, and protect 5 up. After they're dispelled, melee will stop hitting for shit. Our ranger was doing great.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Meh, went in Chi Blasting before I found out my H2H damage wouldn't suck... it died before I got my third Chi Blast off....

J O K E !

Fun anyway.

OK, it's time to vent on yet another subject that bothers the fuck out of me.

To all you who think that NIN > PLD, or PLD > NIN, DIE IN A FIRE.

A really big one, please. Tank types are situational for the most part, and that's why both exist in the game. Some things, you take a NIN. Some things, you take a PLD/WAR, or a PLD/NIN. And then even some things, you can take a mix and be ok.

The main issue is, basically, a lot of people just suck at Paladin and don't understand it, or you have an excellent Paladin that is getting no support from his mages. This is why it's looked down upon as a bad tank, and why NIN is seen to be better--it's slightly more self-sufficent than a PLD, still needing support, but not as much. You can run out of MP, but you can't run out of tools (well, hypothetically you wouldn't, but it's possible).

It depends on what your LS started using and prefers in the first place, and what they built their strategies around. Also dependent on your server's first LSes and what they used, too.

I just hate this..... "Paladin is better than Ninja!"; "Ninja is better than Paladin!" bullshit. They're both tanks, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, now shut up and figure out how to teach your people to use them both successfully instead of just going always with NIN only or PLD only.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At least he's not going around shooting people. Right?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

A really big one, please. Tank types are situational for the most part, and that's why both exist in the game. Some things, you take a NIN. Some things, you take a PLD/WAR, or a PLD/NIN. And then even some things, you can take a mix and be ok.

The main issue is, basically, a lot of people just suck at Paladin and don't understand it, or you have an excellent Paladin that is getting no support from his mages. This is why it's looked down upon as a bad tank, and why NIN is seen to be better--it's slightly more self-sufficent than a PLD, still needing support, but not as much. You can run out of MP, but you can't run out of tools (well, hypothetically you wouldn't, but it's possible).

It depends on what your LS started using and prefers in the first place, and what they built their strategies around. Also dependent on your server's first LSes and what they used, too.

I just hate this..... "Paladin is better than Ninja!"; "Ninja is better than Paladin!" bullshit. They're both tanks, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, now shut up and figure out how to teach your people to use them both successfully instead of just going always with NIN only or PLD only.
    Or you could be really elite and take both to 75 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Heian

wins the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heian

wins the thread
    or just go by Bradyguides.
    PLD/WHM FTW

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bradyguide holds the secret to AV.