Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Unji + Unsho =     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by OdinXmode
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves
    If you weren't off being a jackass using commander cape maybe your fucking avg ws damage wouldn't blow.

Retard.

edit: And your post said you avg 720 dmg no matter what mob you faced(xp to too weak) with any katanas. You're fucking stupid and apparently a very shitty ninja if thats true.

I don't have my parsers but i'm sure sanou and the people that xp with me would back me up when i say that because they all parse that high also. Get your head out of the gutter and stop trying to figure out hidden game calculations because you're getting no where with it.
    Talk to sanzou then and see what he says.
    no parsers? /comfort, thats too bad
    I don't have my own parsers(ps2 for the most part) therefore they aren't saved. Every xp party i am in is parsed and they either post them on our forums or say the results when the partys done.

You haven't shown a parser of you and the guy with the relic katana yet either so what's your point?

edit: Just relooked over your gear and you dont even have a breeze gorget so how are you gonna tell me what jin caps at? You don't even get the most out of the ws. You use hume rse hands(at least get ninja tekko+1 if your not gonna use ochiudos or band kote for ws=\),+2 str charkram(wtf wheres bomb core ),commander's cape(omgwtf),and pixie earring(wtf) for ws. Adding attack has always been better for me for ws especially when beserk is off. When you can stay over 550 attack with songs and no attack food when serk drops then come back to me saying my ws avg are wrong.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves
    You haven't shown a parser of you and the guy with the relic katana yet either so what's your point?
    Wins <.<

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i'm so embarassed

yes, kg outparses everyone, every job, every combo (including ridill wars)

yes, he parses retardedly high jin averages, yes, i'll parse tomorrow when we go xp and post it for you

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I think he just got served.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Mind PMing me your exact TP/Tank gear and WS gear setups? Kinda interested now

Yeah, KG is one the most rape ninjas I ever partied with .

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    Mind PMing me your exact TP/Tank gear and WS gear setups? Kinda interested now
    He has it on KI on the Ninja forums, page 27 of the Pics topic I think.

Shows no Skill Average..... thats too bad, this really proves
    absolutely nothing except maybe you partied with other gimp
    melees.

And to Twolves, god i'm sorry i'm such a gimp ninja.
    I dont think i ever claimed i was a good ninja at all.
    I wish i can be like you, you are so amazing. I wish
    I had all the equips you do. Dude seriously -_-

I will quote something i said in my post on KI:

Althought when i used LV64 "Kitsutsuki" DMG:26 Delay:185 on the same mobs, i noticed a huge, and i mean huge difference in damage, it parsed at least 200dmg lower average WS.

That being said:
    -The difference between Unji and Relic is 10DMG +20attack but i saw no big difference.
    -The difference between Unji and Kitsutsuki is 6DMG 2STR 4DEX and the difference was
    overwhelming.

I felt that it was kindda obvious, if リエン was right about what he says (I know he's going to flame me again for this) then i would have seen the same overwhelming difference with Unji and Relic as i did with Unji and Kitsutsuki. Yet i didnt.... Of course this is WS view and specificly on Ulegeurand Range and Kuftal Tunnel monsters. I'm sure if we did the same tests on higher lvl monsters or ones with higher defense, there'd be an obvious difference in Unji vs Relic also, Relic being better of course. That being said, I felt if it was just for exp, Unji's damage is enough (for WS) if you had the right equips. Although nothing is better than Relic for melee =) the occasional triple damage is awesome along with the additional effect paralyze ^^

end quote

Mr. I know it all Twolves. If equip and +attack and damage on katana made so much of a difference, why was there none when i xp in Ulegeurand Range? (and yes we have same exact equip/merit so dont even think about using this as a reason) I never claimed once i was urber ninja or anything, i was trying to prove a point that there is indeed a defense cap. If there wasnt, i wouldve seen a huge difference between relic and unji. You talking about Deco Weapons does not apply. The fact that they have higher defense, it would be hard for katana to reach defense cap on those.

Dude serious, go buy yourself a 33DMG katana and parse your WS average on some LVL30 monster as compared to your Fudo, you wont see any difference at all if you had elite equip. Oh wait... you cant even parse yourself can you... sigh, ignored, goodbye.

About the only thing Unji/Unsho have going for them is the way DMG is figured in this game...a higher base damage is not usually within ratio to how hard you really hit.

My brother has incredible SAM gear, but while fighting Aura Statues, I would at times with berserk up, hit harder with Senji(DMG:38) then his Hagun (DMG:7?). Obviously it was somewhat rare, but to outdamage something like that shows that Unji/Unsho are not as bad as they seem, except I believe in respect to WS damage. The more I think about it the more I think I should try Unji/Unsho in my subhand.

I would...never under any circumstance use Unji AND Unsho though. Seriously Senji is just too damn good/free to use anything else.

netz

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    About the only thing Unji/Unsho have going for them is the way DMG is figured in this game...a higher base damage is not usually within ratio to how hard you really hit.
    It is, until you add a bard and scale your attack to insane amounts. It's sorta why hitting more times is more valuable than simply hitting harder. I believe you need to have adequate attack to center your per swing damage around your weapon damage is. I know for sure with Hagun and Ushikirimaru on decorative weapons with sushi, I hit around their weapon damage a good part of the time (not always). Bard/sushi, a little harder. Switch to attack food, and then the 190-200 damage / 260-270 crit hits show up with Ushiki, but not too often.

I think it breaks down like this, from memory. This may be a little wacky; you can correct me if it seems unreasonable >.>
    390: My base SAM attack. 50-80 dmg swings.
    470: My attack, with coeurl sub. 60-90/100 maybe.
    560: My attack with a bard and sushi. 70-125ish.
    650: Bard, coeurl sub. 70-160.
    710: Bard, berserk, coeurl sub. 70-190.

Well, that's all well and good, but I don't swing nearly as often/get as many double attack chances as the ninjas and warriors, and consequentially, lose, despite doing what looks like on paper some decent numbers (to me, anyway). I think I've gotta play with Soboro Sukehiro a bit more. Dynamis-Tavnazia helped wreck my buffer, so I should have an opportunity soon.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Unji/Unsho Ballista is nice. Hundred Blades attack fun

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Forgive me if I dont see this but, where is WS avg?

EDIT: 1504 isn't anything special btw :wink:

Parse (Where?) Xmode?

And there's no ws avg on that parser which is why i didnt post it.

edit: I don't even have great equips i'm just not a retard that uses +dex over attack and str like you =\

edit2: At least post a picture of the guy with relics equips with yours next to it if you want people to take you seriously.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

edit: I don't even have great equips i'm just not a retard that uses +dex over attack and str like you =\
    Go into detail pls

Shura head > Voyager Sallet ?
    Shura Pants > Byakko Pants ?

Not right on the topic but:
    Elv RSE Sachet vs Bomb Core ?
    AF+1 Hands vs Kotes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    Go into detail pls

AF+1 Hands vs Kotes ?
    I use shura head over voyager sallet but just because it has 5 str and 5 acc and its pretty much the only acc gear i have. Byakko Pants over shura pants(didnt even bother to uncurse them) for the added 9 dex over str. I use bomb core and bandomusha kote(koga tekko@ night), haven't been lucky with limbus drops yet and plan on getting ninja+1 feet over the hands for now. Adding +dex is good, i have about +50 or so @night with food, just if theres something with a lot of +attack or +str you can put in that slot it's seems like its wasting space to me.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    Go into detail pls

AF+1 Hands vs Kotes ?
    Twolves is referring to the fact that he uses things like Foragers Mantles in comparison to a Commanders cape like Xmode does, which for the most part everyone who posted on that KI topic agreed that Commanders Cape is well, stupid. Things like Byakko's Haidate for a NIN are a given, since the insane amount of DEX+ it adds would be more benefical then any other options in the legs slots (I don't know, maybe a Shura Haidate+1 might beat it?). Even if Xmode was doing his arguement based solely on WS damage, the fact is that alot of the gear he was using was rather impractical in normal xp situations. While using for example a Jr. Msk. Chakram+1 for WSs might be nice, losing the 12 attack off a Bomb Core for standard meleeing is going to gimp your damage abit (same thing with not using a Foragers).

So while he may have found some nice "tricks" with his WSs, personally I wouldn't run around trying to pimp out my Jins at the cost of so much attack for standard DoT.

Go into detail pls

AF+1 Hands vs Kotes ?
    (For WS)

Shura head > Voyager Sallet
    Byakko Pants = Shura Pants

Elv RSE Sachet = Bomb Core
    AF+1 Hands = +20 or more attack kotes

For TP you want haste

Panther Mask +1 > *
    Dusk Glove +1 > *

Byakko's Haidate > *
    Fuma Sun-ate > *

etc

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I lol'd when he called PO gimp..

CFH fafnir plz

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by OdinXmode
    Shows no Skill Average..... thats too bad, this really proves
    absolutely nothing except maybe you partied with other gimp
    melees.
    Calling PO melee's gimp just killed all your credibility.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast