Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ideas/Changes you would love <3

As much as we love FFXI there are a lot of things that could be different that could make things more intense and exciting and after talking to my friend about them I figured I get some other insights on what the rest of the community thinks.

A main topic of conversation I have with a lot of people is the difficulty of HNMs. Now sure, they could be hard, but with the optimal setup all major HNMs in this game are a joke and beaten without very little to be worried about (Counter me here with Sea Gods, but from what I've seen their not a big deal). I would love to see a spike in the difficulty of these mobs and here are some examples --

Lets take Wyrms for example. Huge dragons with huge wings yet they only use them for hovering. When i first saw Jormungand just standing around, her wings spread out all the way, you think its going to turn around, see you, take flight towards you and give the word "Touchdown" some real meaning. Yet all Tiamat and Jorm do it hover in the air in lame position and spit fireballs. I would absolutely love to see Jorm and Tiamat take control of the huge areas and airspace within. Fly around and rain fire(or ice) upon us, make us have to chase you and get you out of the sky.

Well I have various other ideas, but I'd rather get raped for one then a slew of others lol. Tell me what you think!

Re: Ideas/Changes you would love <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mokei

Lets take Wyrms for example. Huge dragons with huge wings yet they only use them for hovering. When i first saw Jormungand just standing around, her wings spread out all the way, you think its going to turn around, see you, take flight towards you and give the word "Touchdown" some real meaning. Yet all Tiamat and Jorm do it hover in the air in lame position and spit fireballs. I would absolutely love to see Jorm and Tiamat take control of the huge areas and airspace within. Fly around and rain fire(or ice) upon us, make us have to chase you and get you out of the sky.

Well I have various other ideas, but I'd rather get raped for one then a slew of others lol. Tell me what you think!
    Watch a noob LS fight wyrms sometime if you want that kind of action, it will fly around and rain fire and ice on everyone. But the whole point of the fight is one person keeping it still [tank] (or keeping it still at the right times) so everyone else can do damage.

Wyrms are fine as is, I just want some new kings.

But think about it. The idea is that when you have it right, there is no issues whatsoever, you know exactly what its going to do. There is not tricks, no surprises other than the first LS that ever fights it. Im talking about making them dynamic and add some unpredictability to them.

about 30 more inventory space

The unpredictability part is when you take hours to kill it the first time and find out that it drops shit. Owned LOL.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    plus 60 more

A dev team who isn't so utterly horrible when it comes to itemization, game balance, HNM drop rates, addressing major concerns that the player base has, and so on.

Non-racist customer service that isn't utter crap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would love to see a spike in the difficulty of these mobs
    Absolute Virtue

Im talking about making them dynamic and add some unpredictability to them.
    Jailer of Prudence

Sarcasm aside, it doesn't seem like your idea fits well into the way FFXI is designed. You want a mob that flies all over the place and is unpredictable... seems such a mob would need to reset its hate often and just do whatever it wants, whenever it wants (spams TP?). Chasing it around would likely be quite annoying since you can't keep it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    plus 60 more
    WHY CANT I STORE AF2 WHYYY

Needs more options to store rare/ex gear.

About half my inventory is full of crap that I cant drop because I might need it for a random reason some random day

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

silent oils?

D:

edit: anything crafted should be sold by npc

Well I dont wanna sound like a noob who doesnt know how mobs work in the game and how hate is controlled and such, but think about what fighting a Wyrm is actually doing. Your fighting a damned dragon, and a huge one at that. In many cutscenes we see these Wyrms themselves flying around yet during a battle with them they just hover in the air. Yea, chasing a mob would be annoying but how do you fight Vrtra? Is there really a mob in this game that gives a serious hard time?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonia
    WHY CANT I STORE AF2 WHYYY

How about NA LS's stop helping gil farmers with Kirin. That would be cool

Well I dont wanna sound like a noob who doesnt know how mobs work in the game and how hate is controlled and such, but think about what fighting a Wyrm is actually doing. Your fighting a damned dragon, and a huge one at that. In many cutscenes we see these Wyrms themselves flying around yet during a battle with them they just hover in the air. Yea, chasing a mob would be annoying but how do you fight Vrtra? Is there really a mob in this game that gives a serious hard time?

Picture this:
    You know when you're leveling, or pulling a mob, or just soloing, and you take out your sword, dagger, whatever, to fight something and it walks away for 10 seconds to its new destination. I feel like an idiot running after it, and this is just a mandragora or some shit.

It pisses me the fuck off.

You know when you're leveling noob jobs or hell, even in higher level parties, and the war/mnk, PLD, NIN just can't keep hate and you use your WS and the 'mob is too far away' and you lose all of your TP. I love that, too.

If I have to chase a bitchy dragon that doesn't stay in one spot, and flies around everywhere hitting random people, I'd go apeshit.

A mandragora walking out of my range for 10 seconds annoys me enough. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Re: Ideas/Changes you would love <3

As much as we love FFXI there are a lot of things that could be different
    !!!!!!!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In the cutscenes, all I remember the Wyrms doing was hovering at a higher level than they do when you fight them. They weren't going anywhere or doing anything.

Vrtra doesn't go wherever he wants on his own, you don't chase him, you only guide him to where you want him to be and some groups simply straight tank him.

As for hard mobs, I suppose there's Absolute Virtue since no one has been reported to have defeated him yet (and defeating him is further hindered by him not always popping).

Jailer of Prudence seems to have some of the unpredictability you're looking for, but part of that is due to glitches or whatever. He teleports around often and triple attacks / kills whoever he ports to and disappears for unknown amounts of time in which he may or may not reappear.

Anyway, I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for in a mob. Are you suggesting Tiamat have a randomized/set flight path at all times in Attowa Chasm and simply attack people as he passes them overhead, occasionally landing to melee, but taking off to fly his path again ignoring normal rules of hate?

Well lets take Jormungand for example since he has sort of a plain field where he would potentially fly around (Attohwa Chasm being cragish with all sorts of turns you would have to go around)

Now to start I think the Wyrms should not always be on the ground. Tiamat and Jorm are never pulled right away so during their time alone they will take flight around their spawn area, or walk around, etc. Lets say you enter aggro range when Jormungand is in flight. To start he will launch at you and use touchdown and begin engaging you as she would.

During the fight Jorm takes flight and hovers. What I mean when I say flying around is Jormungand will disengage you and fly away with the potential of flying away and resting (Just think if the Wyrm disengaged and flew away, it might take some time to reorganize and get it into a proper battle zone) or potentially fly away and launch back at you.

I know the idea of chasing a mob sounds retarded, but I didnt mean it in the sense of losing hate and it randomly attacking people, but escaping being utterly raped you know? Lol

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The idea of some dragon like Tiamat or Jorm flying where ever they wanted and randomly attacking people is like asking to make the zones they reside in forever empty except for when a ls goes to take them down. Good luck finding people that actually like the idea of something that could easily kill them at lvl 75 coming out of nowhere to attack them regardless if they're solo or not. Sounds like to me you just want to see a dragon come flying at you to start the fight and move around a lot in the sky during the fights. That's not fixing anything, try suggesting a possibility of abjuration drops from KS99 fights and you'd be on the right track.

In lieu of what you said Dein my title says ideas/changes, and I just wanted to see where my first idea went.

And good luck finding people to fight something that could easily kill them at 75? Lol god forbid this game has a challenge! Make mobs interesting in hard has a potential of being fun an interesting.

Abjuration drops in KS99 would make camping kings pointless. LSes would just go on KS Farming runs and just spam the BCs. No competition for claim and you can do it whenever you want? Sounds WoWish ;x.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Abjuration drops in KS99 would make camping kings pointless. LSes would just go on KS Farming runs and just spam the BCs. No competition for claim and you can do it whenever you want? Sounds WoWish ;x.
    God forbid SE change one of it's most flawed and hated gameplay aspects and replace it with something that WoW uses and is almost universally adored. I don't think you'll find a single person that thinks kings are well designed, Fafhogg especially.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast