Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fan festival questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    The dats are client side, those are what influence what everything looks like, but I think the data is server side.
    .DAT's are client side
    Your Character Data is Server Side.

"Are there any plans in the near future to allow a limited use of transfering characters from one account to another?"

I want to play the game with my bro to help him out. I know that it somewhat makes RMTing characters easier but still.. there has to be some fair way to go about it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

"What are the plans for FFXI in the Future? 2-3 Years from now are we going to still be able to log in, or will the servers eventually come down. I ask this because as time goes on, FFXI will eventually loose its appeal in its present form. Due to the limitations of PS2, SE has said they are limited to what they can do with the Game. Does that mean we are going to be bound to the same mechanics and dynamics forever?"
    or something like that

EDIT: AND if there are plans for FFXI-2 , will we be able to transfer our characters information to the new game or will we have to start over again as newbies?

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed
    EDIT: AND if there are plans for FFXI-2 , will we be able to transfer our characters information to the new game or will we have to start over again as newbies?
    What do you think? Do you honestly think Square places any value whatsoever on our time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    What do you think? Do you honestly think Square places any value whatsoever on our time?
    The day SE Comes out with another MMO I stop buying games from SE.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

"how the hell do you get out of windurst?"

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    "how the hell do you get out of windurst?"
    mrargus

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    The day SE Comes out with another MMO I will buy it
    Fixed

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    If all items are held server side, what does the PS2 have to do with it at all, I dont understand.
    there was an explaination (from a dev QA) posted somewhere on the intarweb that basically said it's a limitation of the PS2 memory. something like it only has limited memory allocated to MH stuff.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Actually another Q :

Why are there so many items in FFXI for us to hold, mainly rare/ex, but nowhere to put them? All the people with multiple jobs who want to keep playing, cant just swap to an older job. There needs to be expensive, yet simple quests for lvl75'ers to go and do to get us double inventory.
    Blame PS2 for your inventory woes.
    When are you going to stop supporting PS2 so the game can improve to todays video game standards?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Moggle rod if you played over 500 hours+

netz

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    Actually another Q :

Why are there so many items in FFXI for us to hold, mainly rare/ex, but nowhere to put them? All the people with multiple jobs who want to keep playing, cant just swap to an older job. There needs to be expensive, yet simple quests for lvl75'ers to go and do to get us double inventory.
    When are you going to stop supporting PS2 so the game can improve to todays video game standards?
    I'm pretty sure they won't stop supporting the PS2, and that they've taken the game engine as far as they want it to go. Look for a new MMORPG from Square before you ever see an improvement to their godawful slow graphics engine in this one.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Hmm here's a few on my mind.

"Will you guys ever introduce extra ways to get currency, if even a little, from dynamis zones (like drops that can be turned in to the currency gobs for a couple of coins.) to help slightly with the prices on the currency due to how many ways there are to use compared to the few ways you can get the currency aside from buying from other players?"

and

"Will you guys EVER think of what jobs will wear armor that you add in future updates like you did with the cursed gear and stop slapping down random stats on pieces?"

>.>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

"If BST is not a solo job, why does BST JSE have +MP on it?"

"Where in the world in Carmen San Diego?"

Old Merits
    BG Level

Questions I would like to ask SE developers:

"Are you actually retarded monkeys?"
    "Do you have any clue about itemization?"

I"m sorry both of these are rhetorical...

When are you going to make items that JP's will actually leave ground HNM camps to get instead of their 100th M body that they'll toss?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    When are you going to make items that JP's will actually leave ground HNM camps to get instead of their 100th M body that they'll toss?
    I dont know about your server but on Shiva our NA lses have no problem winning King pulls.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Actually another Q :

If there was really a cap on the inventory based on the limitations of the PS2... How come you can have 60/60 and (temporary) extra slots for Ballista/Brenner? Lies, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    I dont know about your server but on Shiva our NA lses have no problem winning King pulls.
    Didn't say anything about winning pulls. The JP 'reign' on siren ended with the claim patch. JP's have been on par with NA's on claiming kings since then. Siren has been fairly slow for NA's with ground HNMs. JP's pretty much had a 2 year jump start (1 year since they had it and another while NA's were lvling etc). I never really got involved with ground HNMs til my 2nd lvl 75 job. It was all sky shit til then. So JP's on Siren have had a HUGE head start over NA's and each LS have easily killed more kings than NA's have seen total. But they'll sell their mother before they miss a single camp.

"if there's an FFXI-2 can i be yuna?"