Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone tried the new Limbus (Metal Chip)?

We just got a Metal Chip from clearing Apollyon NW and was wondering if there was any info out on this Limbus area yet. Considering the chip costs 75 coins from the NPC, I would imagine the new zone to have potential currency counts over 100.

Is it something farmable by a small group of 6 or is it like Central Temenos where you need a full alliance to be able to clear?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

People need to update if anyone has done it though, I am interested about a small group as well.

Simply: It Sucks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

SE's idea of keeping us occupied til ToAU release:

2 new limbus areas that cost 75 ancient beastcoins or a lucky drop from other areas, inside which resides monsters that have a shitty drop rate on coins...just like other areas, only they're more difficult.

a Dynamis area where the "uber secret sweet new drops" have enchantments on them, im guessing SE thinks we're all gonna get a Hydra Doublet and when the Enchantment: Refresh runs out, we'll all say "oops, enchantment wore...time for me to go farm a new Hydra Doublet!".

on the other hand, maybe the new limbus areas drop a shitload of ra/ex chips and the new Dynamis area has about 3-4 hours in time extensions hidden on it so people can have more time to kill shit and possibly get some pretty good drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur

2 new limbus areas that cost 75 ancient beastcoins or a lucky drop from other areas, inside which resides monsters that have a shitty drop rate on coins...just like other areas, only they're more difficult.

a Dynamis area where the "uber secret sweet new drops" have enchantments on them, im guessing SE thinks we're all gonna get a Hydra Doublet and when the Enchantment: Refresh runs out, we'll all say "oops, enchantment wore...time for me to go farm a new Hydra Doublet!".

on the other hand, maybe the new limbus areas drop a shitload of ra/ex chips and the new Dynamis area has about 3-4 hours in time extensions hidden on it so people can have more time to kill shit and possibly get some pretty good drops.
    On the other hand you just said a bunch of nonsensical shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chambers

On the other hand you just said a bunch of nonsensical shit.
    Made sense to me.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Did the metallic chip Apollyon run last week. Like Ceph said in the other thread, this area sux. From the look of it, I doubt it can be done with 6-8 people. Mobs inside have timed aggro as mentioned and each beastmen has weapon type resistance. Magic resistance is also very high I think.

NM is unsleepable. We tried to kite the NM and kill the regular beastmen one by one, guess what they share hate with the NM, so you have to kill the NM first before killing its minions. They drop a lot of coins tho

inside which resides monsters that have a shitty drop rate on coins
    Wrong, as said by like three people.

And here the guy just says "Yeah everything I said might be wrong, I don't know, I'm just saying random shit for no reason. I really have no idea how these things are, nor have I even read comments by those that at least understand a little of it. I have down syndrome."

So...yeah, I guess I understood it too. My bad, I apologize.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The new Limbus are challenging, to say the least..however, the coin drop rate is *quite* high.

I'd never buy the chip for 75 coins, but when we get one in a chest, i'll definitely be using it, since you can clean up with over 150 coins on a victory.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    The new Limbus are challenging, to say the least..however, the coin drop rate is *quite* high.

I'd never buy the chip for 75 coins, but when we get one in a chest, i'll definitely be using it, since you can clean up with over 150 coins on a victory.
    Dunno if it's really that big of a deal.

150/18 ppl (if you have to take 18 for a win) is just over 8 coins each.

Today I did temenos west with 10 ppl and got 7 each (some getting 8), and it's a much easier tower to do (we finished with close to 40 mins left on the clock). Im confident we could have done it with 7-9 ppl for the same result and probably higher coin count per person.

We should get 300 coins from this zone

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    You expect SE to place value on our time

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    You expect SE to place value on our time
    What they are forgetting is that if they don't reward us for our efforts, people by-and-large won't do it.

Of all your friends with sky access, how many people do you know that had ZM17 complete before the last patch? Ok, now that there is a reason beyond just storyline, how many people finished this mission in the past few days, or are making serious plans to complete it? Yep, thought so.

I've wanted to do this mission forever, but it was more like a "hey some rainy day I should go finish the story". Now that there's an actual reason to complete the story, I've completed both Bahamut1 and ZM17. And I'm not even particularly interested in any of the earrings!

SE's gotta be fucking blind if they don't see this. While there are always a few people who will actually pursue rewardless baloney they add to the game, (like all the useless CoP chapter 4 jeuno quests, what a joke) if they want the content they created to actually be consumed, they've got to make it rewarding.

Sea has a lot of potential, if you fixed the loot pools and drop rates on the gods there. People would spend as much time in sea as they once did (and still do) in sky, farming pops endlessly to outfit dozens of people per shell on multiple jobs. Sea is potentially even cooler than sky in that way; instead of killing a NM in a small alliance for a trigger every few hours, you just xp in the zone on various types of monsters, and bam you walk away with a few triggers. The beauty of it is that those 24/7 RMT LS that camp everything to death can't monopolize the triggers and abuse their monopoly to make even more money.

But as it is, all the cool artistic design and all the intricate state-machine mob logic is a fucking waste. It's content that they did spend a lot of time developing, and now they can't get anyone to actually consume it because it's a massive fucking waste of time for the players.

Unfortunately, SE has pretty much abandoned all this content, and I like to think they've paid for that, losing quite a lot of mindshare to other games. While other games are fresh and new, we're largely stil playing Zilart, which is now almost 3 years old. Inertia is still keeping a lot of people playing, but the momentum is definitely slowing, and if ToAU isn't a whole lot better than CoP was, all the people who are just waiting for the next expansion will move on to other games.

Yea...if ToAU is any good, they might as well just fucking delete Lumoria. Make the Ancient Beastcoin lady warp you right to temenos/apollyon, make all the torques/weapons beastcoin-purchaseable, and delete the whole fucking zone. It would save them money on servers and 99.9% of the player base wouldn't care.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yea...if ToAU is any good, they might as well just fucking delete Lumoria. Make the Ancient Beastcoin lady warp you right to temenos/apollyon, make all the torques/weapons beastcoin-purchaseable, and delete the whole fucking zone. It would save them money on servers and 99.9% of the player base wouldn't care.
    this is the right answer

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    this is the right answer
    Fact.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by ElSugahpie
    this is the right answer
    Fact.

We have a winner

Quote Originally Posted by ElSugahpie
    this is the right answer
    Fact.

We have a winner
    But...but...Lumoria is shiny. Its proof that the dev team had someone who was on acid the whole time.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Is the drop rate on the metal chip ass low or is my LS just unlucky?

Last monday we split up into 2 alliances, Temenos E and Temenos Central 3. No chip. Then last Friday we split into 2 alliances again, Apollyon NW and NE. Again, no chip.

Oh, and we got wins in all 4 zones in case that wasn't implied.

sup, you know items with 1 enchantment charge actually have infinite charges right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    sup, you know items with 1 enchantment charge actually have infinite charges right?
    Hydra Haubert/Doublet have a max charge of 20.