Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HQ or die     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

HQ or die

So looking at the prices of Beads on my server(Unicorn) and then looking at the prices of NQ and HQ staffs it seems to me that elemental staffs dont offer much money anymore,... here is what i mean...

/rant on

Bead prices are
    800k ish to 1m

the staffs sell for 200k except the 1m bead priced staffs which go for about 300-350k

HQ staffs of the 800k beads are 2.5m and 3m for the 1m beads

i look at 30% hq rate and thats 12 synths costs 800k x 12 = 9.6m for just the beads and assuming you hq 3 and break none your dead even.....

HQ
    2.5m x 3 = 7,500,000

NQ
    200k x 9 = 1,800,000

1,800,000+7,500,000=9,300,000 and you spent 9.6m to get there this also doesnt include fails and assumes you have a 30% garentee HQ rate or the crystal and lumber cost either (small but still there)

Now is it just me or is it that the christmas inflation made this happen and its not fixing itself anytime soon? I mean all the staffs hit 5m a pop over the holiday and the beads were 1m each and NQ staffs were 500k now the HQ and NQ staffs have dropped by 50% yet beads remain the same price..... something isnt right here

I also looked at some other items I could synth and there is Shura gear, mainly the Kabuto, Hidate, and Togi but Divine Logs are 6m each and the Kabuto and Hidate are less then 6m so its a complete loss to synth them since they sell for an average 5m on our server while Togi sits at 12m but needs 2 lumber so thats still a loss....

/rant off

Well what I am just curious to know is 3 things and they are
    1) Is it like this for other servers with Dlogs and Bead prices espically cursed armor.
    2) Are all endgame crafts like this where almost everything is a loss unless you HQ it?
    3) How do you guys make your money with crafting? Is it mainly endgame synths and desynths or is it commissioned crafting with tips if you HQ ect... (or just HQ the crazy out of anything your tier 2-3 on?)

#3 would help since im just now approaching it myself and could use some tips from some experienced crafters

Any feedback would be nice. Right now im 86.3+2 woodworking and just want to know if taking to 100 wont be a waste of time with current economic conditions.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Not worth it with the current economic conditions. Don't know why the 106 ww even try with those prices...

Because they people making the mass amounts of staff's either have gold leveled to make their own beads from Ore. Or have a friend who does it for free/cheap. Therefore they still profit (^_^)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

o i c

Ok taking shortcuts makes it profitable but what about other crafts are they just as bad right now or is the entire crafting world booming except for woodworking? I know alchemy isnt doing too well on our server its a loss for every Cursed synth. Cursed hands are less then 100k on Unicorn. Well anyone else care to share what their craft is doing?

Nothing much in smithing... some lowby crap that I still do even though im 100 smithing, 50-150k profit there on hq's.... Then but profits *if* I get lucky and make haub +1, or hauberk+1.. or more Onyx Gear (assuming I can sell it in less than 6 months).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Recently a ton of stuff has been severely undercutted to a huge loss level, such as the wise set. I've been making high breath mantles and random leather, coeurl is the best profit, but it also takes almost the whole week to move 7 stacks. Ram is also good, along with dhalmel, and they both move fast.

I had a super shitty time where I went 0/15 on amemet mantles, and since then I stopped doing synths like that.

Re: HQ or die

Quote Originally Posted by Meggido
    So looking at the prices of Beads on my server(Unicorn) and then looking at the prices of NQ and HQ staffs it seems to me that elemental staffs dont offer much money anymore,... here is what i mean...

/rant on

Bead prices are
    800k ish to 1m

the staffs sell for 200k except the 1m bead priced staffs which go for about 300-350k

HQ staffs of the 800k beads are 2.5m and 3m for the 1m beads

i look at 30% hq rate and thats 12 synths costs 800k x 12 = 9.6m for just the beads and assuming you hq 3 and break none your dead even.....

HQ
    2.5m x 3 = 7,500,000

NQ
    200k x 9 = 1,800,000

1,800,000+7,500,000=9,300,000 and you spent 9.6m to get there this also doesnt include fails and assumes you have a 30% garentee HQ rate or the crystal and lumber cost either (small but still there)

Now is it just me or is it that the christmas inflation made this happen and its not fixing itself anytime soon? I mean all the staffs hit 5m a pop over the holiday and the beads were 1m each and NQ staffs were 500k now the HQ and NQ staffs have dropped by 50% yet beads remain the same price..... something isnt right here

I also looked at some other items I could synth and there is Shura gear, mainly the Kabuto, Hidate, and Togi but Divine Logs are 6m each and the Kabuto and Hidate are less then 6m so its a complete loss to synth them since they sell for an average 5m on our server while Togi sits at 12m but needs 2 lumber so thats still a loss....

/rant off

Well what I am just curious to know is 3 things and they are
    1) Is it like this for other servers with Dlogs and Bead prices espically cursed armor.
    2) Are all endgame crafts like this where almost everything is a loss unless you HQ it?
    3) How do you guys make your money with crafting? Is it mainly endgame synths and desynths or is it commissioned crafting with tips if you HQ ect... (or just HQ the crazy out of anything your tier 2-3 on?)

#3 would help since im just now approaching it myself and could use some tips from some experienced crafters

Any feedback would be nice. Right now im 86.3+2 woodworking and just want to know if taking to 100 wont be a waste of time with current economic conditions.
    You buy Beads. End of story. On my server the price difference is HUGE, as much as 200-300k difference between ore and bead. Get a friend to craft it for you (a friend crafts my brothers for 25k each.) Last set he made 12mil on HQ staves, going 7/11 (or 12).

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Did you mean ores, locke?D:

Quote Originally Posted by Odon~
    Did you mean ores, locke?D:
    Sorry, I meant that buying beads is the reason why he can't make a profit. Sorry worded it wrong.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I make more money on <50 synths than expensive ones (hence why I'm after a new account for selling stuff)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: HQ or die

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

You buy Beads. End of story. On my server the price difference is HUGE, as much as 200-300k difference between ore and bead. Get a friend to craft it for you (a friend crafts my brothers for 25k each.) Last set he made 12mil on HQ staves, going 7/11 (or 12).
    Buying ores and getting them crafted into beads don't make the shit HQ though lol... Your bro or whoever went 7/11 (or 12) is lucky... I'd like to get something like that lol, I'm usually broke so I never get to play with NQ rate but I've gone anywhere from 2/2, 2/3 to 0/8 lol... HQing staves sucks ;; and there's still a loss on staves, as if the ores are that cheap that just makes the staves drop into the 20-100k ><;

it's really best to look for someone skilling up off of the elemental beads that is nice enough to offer a reimbursement for breaks. I did that for a few months and it was wonderful.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

On Quetz, at Christmas ores/beads hit 1.2 million (lightning 1.7 million)
    HQ staves hit 4 million (jupiters about 6 million)

Now beads/ores are 500k (lightning 600k)
    and HQ staves are back to 2-2.5 million.

and they're still dropping...

Ridill
    BG Level

well, as far as the staves go:

On Sylph there are a few RMT with MAAAASSSSSIIIVVVVEEEEEE gardening operations. Basically, they grow their own ore, turn it into beads, and absolutely dominate the market, to ridiculous extents, on both nq and hq staves.

HQ are selling for 2-4m atm, nq are selling for 20k-130k. Yes, you read that right, 20,000 to 130,000. The ores/beads hardly even sell on AH, because the staff market is utterly fucked. There's no point to trying to make money off them here, if you have any kind of success rate, the RMT will simply flood that market for however long it takes to get you out.

As far as the shura stuff goes, people get it made for them, mostly. The reason the nq's are less on ah than logs is that the only people making enough to sell on ah are the ones pumping them out praying for a hq. They don't give a shit how much money they lose, so they sell for the highest price they think they can move em quickly with.