• PRO-DEATH

66 77.65%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Abortion poll     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Billions of people make mistakes everyday, and for you to tell me to sympathize with someone and act as if I should do the same thing because they made a mistake in any given situation is stupid.
    oops, my mistake i got raped while walking home from work. Guess next time i'll make better decisions!

Because 99% of the abortion are girl who got raped...
    Your comment is meaningless until you show the statistics for abortions of rape vs. carelessness.

"LOL theres an obvious majority of people who believe having the choice of abortion is the right thing. they're OBVIOUSLY biased! damn ignorant fools"

man, some people piss me off

I tried to abort myself

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Your comment is meaningless until you show the statistics for abortions of rape vs. carelessness.
    Your comment is also meaningless until you can show with statistics that what he said is not a generalization. Justifying every abortion using "rape", when it's only a small fraction is wrong.

But in any case, you don't need statistics to know most of the girl who get aborted didnt't get pregnant in a rape.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Your comment is also meaningless until you show with statistics it's not a generalization.
    "I know you are but what am I" logic ftw. That sentance made no sense and it's hard to claim theres 99% of anything unless the statistic is "made up internet statistics".

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

But while we are at it.

http://shroudedindoubt.typepad.com/body ... ut__2.html

We will approach the reasons from the broadest to the most specific. We are looking only at women in the US. First, most women obtain an abortion because they want to end a normal pregnancy. Few abortions (1%) are obtained because the pregnancy was initiated by rape or incest./1 Few abortions are obtained because the fetus is unhealthy or at risk (3.3%), or because the pregnancy is not healthy (2.8%)./2

You can argue about the credibility of such article, but w/e

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    "I know you are but what am I" logic ftw. That sentance made no sense and it's hard to claim theres 99% of anything unless the statistic is "made up internet statistics".
    Sorry, I reworded it.

Xavier

Your comment is also meaningless until you can show with statistics that what he said is not a generalization. Justifying every abortion using "rape", when it's only a small fraction is wrong.

But in any case, you don't need statistics to know most of the girl who get aborted didnt't get pregnant in a rape.
    Except my comment wasn't trying to prove anything. I didn't even say you were wrong, just that you made a forceful statement and didn't offer proof behind it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, I'm lazy like everyone. I'm not going to dig exact statistics every time I make a post because
    a) Chance is no one is going to read it or even care about it
    b) You don't need statistics for the obvious.

Maybe your comment wasn't trying to prove anything, but it sure came out as you were supporting his opinion by trying to say I'm making up stuff.

Xavier

Maybe your comment wasn't trying to prove anything, but it sure came out as you were supporting his opinion by trying to say I'm making up stuff.
    It was just a stonecold post stating the obvious. MY opinion is that it doesn't matter how it happens, I don't think I should be able to tell a woman what to do.

I pretty much agree w/ Ondori word for word.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My post was only directed at people who constantly use the "omg rape" argument to justify abortion in general. It's obviously more complicate when you include every possible situation.

MY opinion is that it doesn't matter how it happens, I don't think I should be able to tell a woman what to do.
    Me neither, but in this particular case, there is 2 beings involved, not a single woman. But again, it all depend of what we consider a human, and where we trace the line between a bunch of cells and a being.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    Until that child is out of your body... it's your body, and your rights to do whatever you'd like.

At least that's how i see it.
    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/38399-1.asp

Loosely defined, the term viability is the ability of the fetus to survive outside the mother’s womb without life support. A number of landmark US Supreme Court decisions dealt with this question. In Webster v Reproductive Health Services (1989), the court upheld the state of Missouri’s requirement for preabortion viability testing after 20 weeks’ gestation (gestation is the period of time a fetus develops in the mother’s uterus, usually 9 months). However, there are no reliable or medically acceptable tests for this prior to 28 weeks' gestation.
    Little different when you think of that thing inside you being able to survive without the women. Viability is probably the single thing people should be debating, and I think with the above statement, for something to survive on its own indeed shows that it is not a part of that person, but its own individual. Anything before that time period (20-28 weeks) Im game for debating, but I dont see how you can debate destroying something that there's proof it could live on its own.

Any babies that infest my womb are getting flushed down the abortion clinic drain

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Until that child is out of your body... it's your body, and your rights to do whatever you'd like.

Loosely defined, the term viability is the ability of the fetus to survive outside the mother’s womb without life support. A number of landmark US Supreme Court decisions dealt with this question. In Webster v Reproductive Health Services (1989), the court upheld the state of Missouri’s requirement for preabortion viability testing after 20 weeks’ gestation (gestation is the period of time a fetus develops in the mother’s uterus, usually 9 months). However, there are no reliable or medically acceptable tests for this prior to 28 weeks' gestation.
    Little different when you think of that thing inside you being able to survive without the women. Viability is probably the single thing people should be debating, and I think with the above statement, for something to survive on its own indeed shows that it is not a part of that person, but its own individual. Anything before that time period (20-28 weeks) Im game for debating, but I dont see how you can debate destroying something that there's proof it could live on its own.

So if a woman wants an abortion, but can't get one because it's illegal, can she have the fetus removed at 28 weeks and let it survive on its own so she doesn't have to go the full 9 months? It can survive, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

So if a woman wants an abortion, but can't get one because it's illegal, can she have the fetus removed at 28 weeks and let it survive on its own so she doesn't have to go the full 9 months? It can survive, right?
    It can survive as well as a child which is naturally born @ 9 months. I don't see what you're trying to say here? If someone had a fetus removed they would have to have a C-Section, meaning the child would be technically born. Any neglect after that would legally be murder. Surviving independantly has NOTHING to do with neglect. You can neglect a child at the age of 5 and it will starve if you dont feed it.

Is it ok to remove the fetus after 28 weeks and give it up for adoption?

I don't see people adopting in the masses even though they shout throw them up for adoption.
    Its all interesting that some people say that others weren't mature enough so they should keep the child as a punishment, so, your saying whatever your god is, is punishing someone with a miracle?

i like how almost every single pro-life post is by locketroll

just something i noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen

just something i noticed
    I like how you feel the need to tell us you have a 33WHM in your sig. Just something I noticed.

I post alot on any subject I feel has made an impact on me, or something I have experienced in some way in my life. The topic of abortion is nothing different. If you're not interested in the topic, then don't respond to it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen

just something i noticed
    Because even if we argue, you won't give more consideration for fetus than you're giving at the moment. It's pointless to try arguing, when there is no strong argument on both side.

My only concern about abortion is that people don't care about the woman right like many pretends, they just care about the responsability having a child imply, and don't want to assume them.

Having a child does make your life miserable in a way, and many aren't ready for that. Once they realize that, they come to the easy conclusion they should get ride of what might potentially break their current state of happyness. Since they never met the lifeform who is growing, they don't care if he dies the same way you don't care about people who die in another country.