BG Level

Please stop

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I just simply click the thread once to make it light blue then never return to it again. I know it's not the answer but it works great.

With that said though, I'm with you.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Not to sound mean but, if some kids on a random forum are making you question your beliefs, there might be a problem.

Who cares if they go 100+ pages with it. Its not like it hurts anyone to talk about opinions. If your so sensitive that reading others opinions of what you believe in becomes a problem then don't read it. No one if forcing you to borwse that thread. I'v seen too many chicks make things worse trying to "make everyone stop fighting" and taking both sides in the matter. Its simple:

1) Stick to your convictions and don't let what other people say bother you.

or

2) Don't read it.

But the questions and the topic is valid and there isn't any good reason not to talk about it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Religion is silly.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Here I created a new, potentially happy thread.
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7696

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

However, it can be a little depressing to sit here and read pages upon pages of people saying the way that I believe is complete and utter bullshit
    2) Don't read it.
    I completely respect other people's opinions on everything. Everyone views things differently. That's ok. I'm not a crazy southern Baptist that tries to make everyone think the way that I do. (Not even Baptist)
    No, your the peace loving chick that thinks if she shouts loud enough that people will stop fighting. That almost a step down from the crazy southern Baptist. Your right, I don't know you or have ever met you. But I have met 100 other people that act just like you, all of them chicks. (OMG everyones diffrent!!, and thats why we have psychology)

Heres my point. Your trying to get everyone to stop arguing because you don't like the topic thats being disgussed. Unlike yourself i'm actualy intrested in the topic and last I checked this was a froum of my peers. So you are trying to get in the middle of debate, that no ones asking you to stop. Its simple, its not hurting anyone to talk about this. If it was, they are not being forced to read it. Stop trying to play peace maker when no ones asking you too. Let the topic be, and it will die on its own terms. All your doing is adding fule to the fire.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I can't handle reading a thread and seeing someone talk about religion as being "bullshit."
    Don't read it then?

It makes me sad when I see someone try to discredit my religious beliefs
    No one is trying to question your religious beliefs. It is just when people try and make laws that affect other people based on their own religion beliefs(which is what the abortion thread is about) that you start making people angry. I'm not saying you personally, I'm talking about other people of your faith. You can go on believing any crazy story you want, hell if there's room for scientology in this world, there's room for Christians, just so long as you(again not you personally) stop meddling in people's business.

And the only serious thread is the abortion one. The other two are joke topics. >_>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'm probably not too far from your belief system (since I'm a Christian too) but forums are made for discussion and debate. If you're simply asking for people to be nicer about it, sure I agree. But there is nothing wrong with arguing about stuff, just need to keep it clean and mature (Which this forum is awesome at doing).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion
    makojin
    Scuny, please please don't mention him. Just reading that made me shudder a little :wink:

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I just simply click the thread once to make it light blue then never return to it again. I know it's not the answer but it works great.

With that said though, I'm with you.

reminds me of that south park episode where the kids keep asking if it's ok to help someone kill themselves if they asked you to.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

emo-setsuko

It just happens on message boards. All opinions or theories instantly become absolute fact for the purpose of getting the idea across. The writer's viewpoint becomes the one single correct chain of thought, where as anyone else who thinks or writes differently is completely incorrect (even if they agree on the topic) and condemned as a moron.

In actuality, I don't think anybody was debating religion. I think they were debating the use of religion to determine other unrelated areas, such as law. This arguement doesn't attack religion in any way.

There were a few comments like "religion is silly" or "organised religion sucks" and so forth, but typically these baseless opinions are best left ignored or discussed in another thread, which I assume, is what you want to avoid.

Of course, I'd say "bring it". ^_~

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My opinion that religion is silly is not baseless. All you have to do is do some research into some religions and you'll realize what I have. Organized religion(ANY RELIGION) is just a way for a group of few to control the large majority of people, to keep people under control.

I don't need someone to outline a belief / moral / values system for me, I'm capable of thinking for myself.

That is why I feel that religion is silly.

Of course, your opinion is so much better, and so much more accurate because you had to use more words, where as my opinion only required a sentence to describe, but that makes my opinion "baseless." Perhaps it's "baseless" merely because it's not something you agree with.

My opinion that religion is silly is not baseless. All you have to do is do some research into some religions and you'll realize what I have. Organized religion(ANY RELIGION) is just a way for a group of few to control the large majority of people, to keep people under control.

I don't need someone to outline a belief / moral / values system for me, I'm capable of thinking for myself.

That is why I feel that religion is silly.
    Your interpretation of religion differs from mine.

I will agree that yours is silly, though.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

People took what I posted waaaayyyy too seriously.
    Maybe cause you wrote it seriously:

However, it can be a little depressing to sit here and read pages upon pages of people saying the way that I believe is complete and utter bullshit.

I'm sure I'm probably not the only person who is slightly perturbed by seeing people discredit their way of thinking. I merely ask that we end the debating, and get back to happier topics, because as of right now, there are like 3 topics concerning the abortion/religion thing.
    That doesn't sound like a joke post to me.

There's really no reason to turn this into a real argument however, since no one is going to budge on this issue. Honestly I can see how people would accept fiction as your reality if you're been forcefed it from birth. We all believe in some of the lies we've heard, so I don't see why religion should be any different for some.

Now both views are out. People already know what they believe in, so let's just leave it at that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Setsuko is drunk Setsuko is drunk Setsuko is drunk Setsuko is drunk Setsuko is drunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast