Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Umm, if you read the announcement about Fan Festival it said the Dev Team will be there

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't read PlayOnline webpage announcements, but if that's the case, than I'm looking forward to reading real answers this time around.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

They will side step them for sure. SE doen't know how to listen to it's player base. That is the one major flaw in this game is feedback doesn't exest. The game is suppose to grow but SE is either from the 50's or a bunch of idiots. The only questions they will answer are the bumb one's like I asked that you will find out quickly once a new release is out. Anything about the make up of the game or end of game content as soon as the last word rolls off our tounge they shut you off like a TV and that will be the end of the interview. SE has no idea how to take input from its players and input it into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I don't read PlayOnline webpage announcements, but if that's the case, than I'm looking forward to reading real answers this time around.
    Real Answer #1) Maybe, but we prefer to let the players figure it out.

Real Answer #2) We believe that the game is currently fine the way it is.

Old Merits
    BG Level

S/E rep answer:

In a prior patch we greatly increased the number of HNM and have seen a decrease in camping at prior NM's. With the introduction of limbus we added a number of excellent armors that rival and surpas those of the zilart kings. When we looked at sea we addressed the issue with the demand of multi-hit weapons, in fact all weapons that drop from jailers are multi-hit.

With our new expansion we will add many new armor and weapon choices for adventurers, more high level notorious monsters, and many new interesting activities such as assault.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Real Answer #1) Maybe, but we prefer to let the players figure it out.

Real Answer #2) We believe that the game is currently fine the way it is.
    Touche`

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

yeah this festival is where they ignore all the questions and issues and tell us about the new moogle costume you'll recieve to go out on a date with your moogle in MH.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Considering the recent rise in player population at level 75, are there any plans to make items like Ridill or abjurations drop from other sources like the KS99 fights?
    i can answer this one

1UP: The reason people fight these sort of monsters is to get the abjurations they need to get their high level armor, like a Paladin would need for his Koenig armor for example. Would you ever also consider adding these items to Kindred Seal battles or something like that?

HT: If the MPK problem can be solved across the board, as you're saying, the situation might get better. So rather than focus on just helping out what high level jobs need to get their top stuff, let's work on something that helps the problem across the board. And if that solution includes shifting where items drop, then so be it; it's something worth considering.
    see: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager ... Id=3145765

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Considering the recent rise in player population at level 75, are there any plans to make items like Ridill or abjurations drop from other sources like the KS99 fights?
    i can answer this one

[quote:11832]1UP: The reason people fight these sort of monsters is to get the abjurations they need to get their high level armor, like a Paladin would need for his Koenig armor for example. Would you ever also consider adding these items to Kindred Seal battles or something like that?

HT: If the MPK problem can be solved across the board, as you're saying, the situation might get better. So rather than focus on just helping out what high level jobs need to get their top stuff, let's work on something that helps the problem across the board. And if that solution includes shifting where items drop, then so be it; it's something worth considering.
    see: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager ... Id=3145765[/quote:11832]

And that is why I threw in this part...

If not, don't you think that Square is shooting itself in the foot by bottle necking a bunch of frustrated players with a bunch of 3 year old mobs that drop items that are better than anything that has been put in the game since?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think SE realizes this, but their lack of action is the issue here.

Personally I'm curious what the percentage of players who quit because they couldn't get what they wanted out of the game vs the players who "maxed" on gear/accomplishments is and quit after getting "end-game" gear for their char is.

Perhaps the only way to get SE moving off their asses is to attack them with hard statistics. As a corporation they obviously calculate the player growth and base their decisions on majority/minority (i.e. Level base).

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

On a daily basis players are still engaged in end game activates from the Rise of the Zilart expansion like sky and kings, but end game activities from the Chains of Promethia expansion are largely ignored. It seems that after the Jailers were released, improvements in Lumoria NMs were pretty much abandoned. (Except for some vague "behavior changes".) Are there any plans to improve jailers, such as giving them more gear or making their drop rate of pop items 100% like the Shinra in Tu'Lia? (Yeah, yeah. It's a paragraph, but the question needs a set up.)

About Adventuring Fellows, many players enjoy the NPC quests but Mirror Images seemed like it would be the final NPC quest. Are there plans for new Fellowship storyline quests and raising their level cap to 75? How about events like solo player and Fellow ENMs, Assault, and missions?

Would it be feasible to develop a system to send items from a players Mog House or Rent-A-Room to other characters on the same account? Or even directly access items from a player's mule's safe?

Considering the recent rise in player population at level 75, are there any plans to make items like Ridill or abjurations drop from other sources like the KS99 fights? If not, don't you think that Square is shooting itself in the foot by bottle necking a bunch of frustrated players with a bunch of 3 year old mobs that drop items that are better than anything that has been put in the game since?
    I agree with everything you said here, mostly with the 3year old HNM's still dropping the best gear in the game (for the most part). Does anyone intend on asking them this question?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If Zigrah doesn't, I vote for his ban off these forums.

Looking at all gear released since CoP, it seems that no gear can be considered "the best overall" for any job. Each piece of gear is situational depending on the task performed (for ex: elemental vs dmg vs dark vs enfeebling gear for blm). While dedicated players can put in the time, effort & $ to obtain all this gear, it is extremely difficult for them to Benefit from it due to the restriction on inventory. Are there any plans to expand inventory to allow endgame players to fully take advantage of the varied gear choices they have.

This is my only real complaint, as an endgame blm I'm 50/60, and only 2/5 on relic with no sea and only 1 zenith piece. Putting aside the various sea gear I could get, god forbid I get enough hp>mp gear to activate a sorcerer's ring. While perhaps blms are heavy on gear, I'd imagine that this has to impact the other jobs.

And now for a totally blm-centric bitch (you can ignore this one):

Unlike every other job in the game, once a black mage reaches level 51, elemental staves are his/her choice of weapon for the rest of the game. The only other (main) weapon a black mage has to look forward to is a full relic staff, which takes several years and billions of gil to obtain. Are there any plans to give the already gear-overloaded blms an alternative to elemental staves?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by shieldsofwindurst
    Unlike every other job in the game, once a black mage reaches level 51, elemental staves are his/her choice of weapon for the rest of the game. The only other (main) weapon a black mage has to look forward to is a full relic staff, which takes several years and billions of gil to obtain. Are there any plans to give the already gear-overloaded blms an alternative to elemental staves?
    SE Dev.Team: BLM Melee GTFO!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God lol. I dislike ele staves but they'll never release something that will replace all of them. Even if they added a 15% magic attack bonus staff, ele staves are uber special because they calculate in the equation (of spell dmg) right at the begining, where the base damage of the spell is (like where the blm magic attack bonus trait kicks in; the gear that adds magic atk bonus adds it at the end).

So yeah, it's not happening.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I go with what Sept just said. I think the biggest problem with the game is the progression of LS's from one HNM to the next. We see sky then groundkings and then you see Dynamis. But the Dynamis gear can only compare to a degree vs the ground kings. Take EQ for example. They had Kunark, then when Velious came out, new mobs to kill, more content and everyone was progressing, leaving Kunark for the ones to catch up. I mean i don't understand how FFXI is just happy on how it is now. I dunno, I just see that it sucks for the up and coming LS's to compete againts established LS's that has 4-5 king abj's running around.

JP

Well, I think the key here is that they don't need to Replace elemental staves, they just need to give an Alternative to them. Look at the bahamut's staff, that was a Brilliant addition for summoners. Does not necessarily do Everything that the HQ staves does, but does it for what the smns really care about (the avatars) and allows a smn to reclaim 5 spots (assuming they keep the light and dark staves for healing/resting). As a blm, I would be sorely tempted if they released something that was essentially equal to the NQ staves but did it for all spells (10% bonus on top of everything). Give a HQ version with like +5 or +10 elemental skill to make up for the resist bonus you get with the staves and I'll run screaming to the AH (or to the BCNM or to whatever) to get that staff, regardless of the damage decrease. Of course, those who can't get the replacement weapon or are willing to spend the inventory slots and the $ for the HQ staves are more than welcome to keep them. It's really just a matter of choice-every job has discussions over what weapon is "best", and for blm it's "HQ staves or Claustrum FTW". Any Choice that could be introduced would be beneficial and extremely appreciated (by my inventory).

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think the problem is that SE needs to flat out decrese the rediculous need to camp mobs that are pushing THREE years old. Today's ffxi game has changed with new gear + merits that makes the three kings way too weak to be dropping still the most sought gear in the game. I think CoP wyrms would have been the perfect fix had they had more loot other than "toy" drops and non-jew stew jailers in sea.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lose 100 dmg per spell in exchange for inventory+5...

sign me up.

Banned.

BG Level

Its funny how far this game has come in equip for certain spots, but lack of anything too great(better yet, comparable) in the body slot of PLDs and such. You'd think they would at least create a gimp Konieg body.