Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fan Festival Interview Questions.

I'm looking for interview questions to be asked at the fan festival on behalf of Stratics. I'm certain there are questions people would think up that don't even cross my mind as much as my questions might not cross someone elses.

What I'm looking for is:

- Keep it simple: I can't ask a question that is a paragraph long

- A degree of eloquence: I'm not gonna ask a dev "when will you fix end game you noobs!"

- Questions not complaints: see above

If you post a question can you post it in bold or something please? If this follows BG forums tradition and reaches 8 pages long I can assure you I will just start looking for bold text or things hat stand out.

This isn't restricted to end-game activities and no question is a "stupid" one. In that I mean if you want to ask "What is the point of deoderize?" I won't dismiss it, they are usually good for a laugh. However "Where did I leave my other shoe" might be a stupid question.

Thanks all, hopefully we'll get some good questions and from that some good answers.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CAN I DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU?!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That thread posted above has some good ones.

- CAN YOU TELL US MORE DETAILS ABOUT HOW/WHEN TREASURE HUNTER WORKS?

- CAN YOU TELL US IF THE DAY OF THE WEEK AND MOON PHASE AFFECT CRAFTING? IF SO, CAN YOU TELL US HOW?

Yes I just noticed the other thread Thank you, however those are questions he will ask at the Q&A panel and I am hoping for something a little more direct and my own. Also the fact that mine will actually be more one on one people might be more inclined to contribute their questions as they have much higher odds of being asked.

So people can weigh the seriousness of their question and post it wherever. I think ultimately we would like to get as many questions as possible covered inside and outside of the discussion panel. I don't want to take away from the other questions already posted in there but maybe I can meet up with that poster at the event and we can figure it out better.

I should also mention my questions might not be restricted to the developers. I might be able to ask candid questions of other people at the event in various different elements. I have a couple GM questions I want to get settled if I can, and again maybe someone will think of something I did not for that element too.

Post wherever you want. I will try to gather as much as I can but I must admit If I can get questions in one place and made to stand out it will make my life a lot easier. I have a lot going on right now and sifting through lots of posts isn't something I look forward to.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory

- CAN YOU TELL US IF THE DAY OF THE WEEK AND MOON PHASE AFFECT CRAFTING? IF SO, CAN YOU TELL US HOW?
    don't ask questions like this, you'll get "no, we can't" and "we prefer the players to find out for themselves."

Your first question has been asked twice actually. Once I was given a vague answer that merely being in the party is all you need to do and the second time someone asked it they said they would rather let the player form their own superstitions and such.

Second question I believe was answered before too. Again, SE is very vague and only said yes. Any crafter will tell you that day and moon phase help crafting, however the 3 tiers supercede that. You'll never get a concrete answer from this kind of question.

SE doesn't really dodge questions persay, they are intentionally vague. They respond better to direct questions and more about future implementations and or changes. If something in game already exists and you ask them how it works you will always get a vague answer from them. The whole point is to figure things out ourselves. Most games this works well, a lot of games have Absolute Virtue type monsters in them and it takes a collective effort to figure out the "trick". This game is just a lot harder to perform tests and strategy doesn't deviate much so it seems wierd. Some of the most fun I have had in other games is figuring out how something works. I like doing new quests before they have a walkthrough as long as their is sense to it and not random guesswork involved. While some people like walkthroughs to the new dynamis I assure you there were some who found it fun to discover how to beat it on their own. Mystery adds gameplay and because of that SE would never give a complete answer to your kind of questions.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are there plans to release weapons better then fully upgraded relic?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Are there plans to release weapons better then fully upgraded relic?
    Someone in my LS mentioned this recently. An idea where you can get Abjurations for weapons. Sounds like a cool idea imho.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Any updates on new armor that will be able to be put in storage?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

1) Any plans of being able to buy amno from a NPC

2)Any plans of toning down/changing any more jobs

3)Any new JSE coming out

4)Any plans to stablize the AH prices with raiseing lowering of drop rates

5)I really like to know what they have planned for the merit system

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah

Your first question has been asked twice actually. Once I was given a vague answer that merely being in the party is all you need to do and the second time someone asked it they said they would rather let the player form their own superstitions and such.

Second question I believe was answered before too. Again, SE is very vague and only said yes. Any crafter will tell you that day and moon phase help crafting, however the 3 tiers supercede that. You'll never get a concrete answer from this kind of question.
    They've never been asked to developers who actually know the answers. They've been asked to PR who don't and have to come up with a workaround for the question

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ANY PLANS ON FIXING THOSE BROKEN 3 KINGS AND MAKING BETTER FUCKIN' ARMOR?

The cynical side of me asks:

Do you have any plans of listening to the player base?
    Do you have any plans of cracking down on racist GMs?

The part of that somewhat still wants to play FFXI asks:

Do you have any plans to change the two-handed weapon damage formula so that it isn't overshadowed by dual wielded one-handed weapons?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hilander
    ANY PLANS ON FIXING THOSE BROKEN 3 KINGS AND MAKING BETTER FUCKIN' ARMOR?
    They've fixed them in terms of monopoly, but what they should do, is equalize loot pool for other 2 NQ versions i.e. Behemoth and Adamantoise forcing linkshells to choose one over the other.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have to fight back my cynical side too.

Why do you even have Q & A sessions when you never actually answer questions or give conflicting answers when you do?

But here are the real questions.

On a daily basis players are still engaged in end game activates from the Rise of the Zilart expansion like sky and kings, but end game activities from the Chains of Promethia expansion are largely ignored. It seems that after the Jailers were released, improvements in Lumoria NMs were pretty much abandoned. (Except for some vague "behavior changes".) Are there any plans to improve jailers, such as giving them more gear or making their drop rate of pop items 100% like the Shinra in Tu'Lia? (Yeah, yeah. It's a paragraph, but the question needs a set up.)

About Adventuring Fellows, many players enjoy the NPC quests but Mirror Images seemed like it would be the final NPC quest. Are there plans for new Fellowship storyline quests and raising their level cap to 75? How about events like solo player and Fellow ENMs, Assault, and missions?

Would it be feasible to develop a system to send items from a players Mog House or Rent-A-Room to other characters on the same account? Or even directly access items from a player's mule's safe?

Considering the recent rise in player population at level 75, are there any plans to make items like Ridill or abjurations drop from other sources like the KS99 fights? If not, don't you think that Square is shooting itself in the foot by bottle necking a bunch of frustrated players with a bunch of 3 year old mobs that drop items that are better than anything that has been put in the game since?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

im gonna have to agree with Septimus
    a winner is you

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice questions sept. I hope they don't get sidestepped or given BS answers.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My question is to Zigrah.

Are you going to be interviewing some clueless SE PR Rep or finally will have a chance to speak with Dev.Team, because if latter is true, I don't expect answers go past "We'll have to ask the Dev.Team".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast