Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnetic Earring Testing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Geno still trying to be the Mod of BG forums? /angst /angst?
    You're the one with all the angst and the emoness and the wahhh no one likes me.

gtfo

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    You're the one with all the angst and the emoness and the wahhh no one likes me.

gtfo
    no that's sekkite

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

gtfo
    I ain't the one who worldshifted because people didn't like me.

Demosthenes11

gtfo
    Why is every single one of your posts in the last month been either "stfu fgt" or "gtfo fgt" or "go back to alla fgt" ?

Hirro doesnt make me want to bash my head into a wall, therefore:
    Hirro > Geno

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Enchy
    It tells you that the earring does not require a BLM subjob, and that based on the sample size, it does increase the proc rate, even if not by much.
    Yes, it tells you it works without BLM sub. NO, it DOES NOT tell you it increases proc rate. Your sample size is too small. While it suggests it, you are still within error rate at 60 samples and are not be able to make the claim that it increases proc rate.
    I didn't really pay much attention rate but isn't the proc rate without blm sub 0%, and with the earring, something greater than 0%, so can't you conclude it increases the proc rate from 0% to an unknown value greater than 0% from his tests at the very least?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    It tells you that the earring does not require a BLM subjob, and that based on the sample size, it does increase the proc rate, even if not by much.
    Yes, it tells you it works without BLM sub. NO, it DOES NOT tell you it increases proc rate. Your sample size is too small. While it suggests it, you are still within error rate at 60 samples and are not be able to make the claim that it increases proc rate.
    I didn't really pay much attention rate but isn't the proc rate without blm sub 0%, and with the earring, something greater than 0%, so can't you conclude it increases the proc rate from 0% to an unknown value greater than 0% from his tests at the very least?
    He tested /blm as well, which was what Flux was referring to...and yes, the sample size was absurdly small to make any conclusions other than it worked without an innate conserve magic trait, considering previous studies done on the trait.

Either way, conserve MP+ equipment is a joke. SE needs to realize that short combining all the HQ staves into one staff, there really isn't much more they can give us equipmentwise...so GIVE US SOME GODDAMN NEW SPELLS!!! (oh, and a MAB cape would awesome).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's good to know it works without BLM sub
    Any SMN with a JSE aketon could have told you that.

Wins the thread. To say it increases Conserve MP if there's no BLM sub, but there's no proof it does it WITH BLM sub is just stupid. It obviously does, how much who knows. Does it suck in comparison to either Static or Ethereal. Hell yes, and thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Wins the thread. To say it increases Conserve MP if there's no BLM sub, but there's no proof it does it WITH BLM sub is just stupid. It obviously does, how much who knows. Does it suck in comparison to either Static or Ethereal. Hell yes, and thats all that matters.
    Umm, you have no clue about how conserve MP work. Most Conserve MP+ gear has no effect on the proc rate, it just increases the amount of MP you save for each time it procs. So it GIVES the trait to a job that doesn't have it, but to say it increases PROC rate, something that no other conserve MP+ ablity does, especially with the absurdly low sample size(plus the fact that his control group was under the 25% proc rate that has been determined in several studies) is extremely premature.

Flux is entirely in the right for once...this person needs to go do 1000+ casts before making such a declaration.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Umm, you have no clue about how conserve MP work. Most Conserve MP+ gear has no effect on the proc rate, it just increases the amount of MP you save for each time it procs. So it GIVES the trait to a job that doesn't have it, but to say it increases PROC rate, something that no other conserve MP+ ablity does, especially with the absurdly low sample size(plus the fact that his control group was under the 25% proc rate that has been determined in several studies) is extremely premature.
    Never thought of that, good stuff chap

Old Merits
    BG Level

Hmm and I thought it would just produce diminishing returns as BLM main, since you already have so much conserve MP as it is. Whatever, I am not going to get this earring anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro

Flux is entirely in the right for once...this person needs to go do 1000+ casts before making such a declaration.
    Regardless, this does give you Conserve MP, so as long as it gives a non BLM or /BLM Conserve MP, it does essentially increase procrate. (Even if it is from 0 to whatever %.) Now does this mean that it increases proc-rate for BLM or /BLM... No, but most signs are pointing to yes.

Amidst all of that, this should be about wether or not this earring is even useful beyond Ethereal or Static, and no matter what the small minute outcome is, it will never be.

Amidst all of that, this should be about wether or not this earring is even useful beyond Ethereal or Static, and no matter what the small minute outcome is, it will never be.
    I think you're overestimating how useful ethereal will be to a mage. To a paladin, sure, no contest, but to a mage 3% damage to MP will probably not end up giving you all that much in the places you're going to need it. And when it gives you the most... you lose it all because you're flat on your back, dead.

In fights with constant small AEs that you can't avoid being in... um... Fafnir is like, it? it'll be good, but I really don't see a situation aside from soloing that ethereal is really going to be a big win for a mage. It's certainly a good earring, but to me it's not clearly better than the others for mages.

You're right, but it just feels like Ethereal is the Suppa of these new earrings. That eventually everyone is gonna regret not getting it, because of how unique and useful (There is no other non-NIN AF item in the game that gives enhanced dualwield) the item is. Sure Magnetic may be a little better, but unless you're SURE you will never level another job again...it just seems like another Abyssal earring.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

You're right, but it just feels like Ethereal is the Suppa of these new earrings. That eventually everyone is gonna regret not getting it, because of how unique and useful (There is no other non-NIN AF item in the game that gives enhanced dualwield) the item is. Sure Magnetic may be a little better, but unless you're SURE you will never level another job again...it just seems like another Abyssal earring.
    QFT.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Really? No other non-NIN item that enhances dual wield?

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/2568

fail

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland

fail
    Does that even count? D;

fail
    Wow..you need a "NIN" subjob for that...(yeah...I know I said AF)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

fail
    Wow..you need a "NIN" subjob for that...(yeah...I know I said AF)
    You would need a NIN subjob for Suppa to be useful for any job but NIN. I highly doubt the Ethereal is going to be the new suppa. Attack +5, Eva+5, and HP+15 can be easily gotten else where, or trumped by something else. The only highlight of the earring is the 3% dmg to MP stat. This is only useful for someone with magic and whop gets hit alot....ie a tank.. A PLD woould be best suited. DRK might benefit...but they shouldn't be getting hit. BST/WHM would love this earring...too bad the job was killed.

Thats why I'm not going to get an earring, I'll do the quest, but hold off getting the reward. But I don't think Ethereal is going to compare to Suppa. Suppa is ALWAYS and VERY good for NIN or NIN sub, for ethereal you need a job/sub with a mana pool, which is pretty common, BUT, you also need to be taking a significant amount of damage. I'm not going to level paladin and main tank so I'm pretty confident ethereal won't be a huge help, even on rdm when I'm soloing it's tough to say, I'd probably rather have locquacious and brutal, or enfeebling and wizard, or communion... or suppa.