Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Prudence & Love     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Prudence & Love

Hi i'm kinda new to BG and yes ironically (Or coincidentially hell if i know) my name on my server is the same as the Demetrios here. . . and were both 75 ninjas and have few other 75 jobs (I get tells all the time if im you lol) Anywho getting to the point i was wondering if i could get any information that anyone would be kind enough to offer about prudence but mainly jailer of love. (I.E. Tank style colors and such) Or things to avoid so prudence doesn't glitch up on us or just things in general. But mainly stuff to worry about and how to tank or kite which one. I'd ask someone on my server but honestly my ls is the first NA ls on Sylph to actually get a prudence pop (Which is kinda sad) and i'm just curious on how to approach the both of these since i've had no real experience with either.

P.S. sorry if theres other topics like this i was digging through looking for them but maybe i didn't dig through hard enough so if there was could someone please direct me a link for Jailer of Prudence and/or Jailer of Love plz

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Nowadays its like impossible to lose vs Love and Prudance - good luck

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't think Jailer of Prudence is glitched anymore we killed him last week and he seems to be visible with his name and targetable not bugged anymore.
    And he is very strong try to get a holding PT on one of them because you get 2 Jailer pops when you trade the stone+deed and the other members of the alliance take down the 2nd jailer, this is fairly easy but when you fight the remain jailer I think he biuld up some strenght over time depends on his HP ie >>> Byakko on crack <<< good luck!

Ways to beat Prudence Easily:

1. Trigger the "perma-invis" Prudence glitch, kill the first one. Then use GA nukes on nearby mobs to kill the 2nd one easily. The bug may be fixed, and it doesn't always trigger, but this is by FAR the easiest way to win since you only really need to fight one of the Prudences.

2. Fight both at the same time, and kill them both around the same time with GA nukes. After one dies, the 2nd one becomes much stronger and tends to kill people, so it's a good idea to weaken them both at the same time.

Love is a joke.

The adds were nerfed to the point that a single party of 3 Vokers + 3 BLM can kill them easily.

Have BLMs Spam Blizzard IV. If Love enters Ice Mode, use Fire IV. That's about it.

You can also use other damage sources (SMNs, Melees, etc).

A single tank party worked fine, both NIN and PLD can do it. Because Love is so huge, you can stand reeeeeaaaallly far away from the center and not get hit by melee attacks. Just about the only time tanks die is when he uses Boost > TP attack for like 3k damage. Make sure you have a WHM since certain elements suck (Wind Mode = Graviga, Silencega, Earth Mode = Breakga). Also have a dedicated stunner for GA-III.

I'm pretty sure Prudence has been fixed. He no longer goes under the ground and instead after the first Prudence is killed, he goes fucking nuts when his mouth is open. I literally tanked both till the first one was killed for 75% of the time. I died within 30secs of tanking the second one. Kite him around the bush if you can and make sure you have a seperate tank to stay back by the mages incase he PDs >> Teleports to him.

Basically zombie tactics once you kill the first one, because he is really untankable and will oneshot any mage instantly.

I love it when ppl say JoP isn't gliched anymore and ppl who can't read just breeze right over that and repeat the strategy that doesn't work.

Have you guys telling the old strat for JoP fought him since the Feb update?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

We fought it about a week ago. We tried to kill both at the same time at first. Tanked strait up, -ga them, etc. DIdnt work out so well, we ended up killing one with about 3/4 of the aliiance dead. The 2nd once raped the last 1/4. We had a hearld gaiter BLM pop reraise hairpin, bio, runaway, repeat while everyone HPed. It was embarassing as hell, but we got the virtue and and 3/3 JoL pop items!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I'd ask someone on my server but honestly my ls is the first NA ls on Sylph to actually get a prudence pop (Which is kinda sad)
    Pretty sure the rest of Sylph decided not to waste their time

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Out of curiosity what would happen if a seperate pt vokes one calls for help on it. . . everyone kills that one and then kill the other one like normally? would it still give drops?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

my LS killed Prudence about 2 weeks ago, the glitch didnt happen to us either...this fight really is harder than JoL now i guess. This was the 2nd time we attempted it, first fight was pretty much rapega because we didnt know they'd keep warping on each other to use TP moves and they killed alot of ppl with 2x Sinuate Rush at once.

Second fight went kinda awry at the start, we brought along 3-4 ppl outside alliance as a precaution cause we didnt want to lose again. A NIN popped prudence and was gonna kite the "main" one away (main being the one that's claimed when it pops) while i voked the 2nd one and tanked it, NIN died in about 5 seconds because he's so damn fast and i ended up tanking both at the same time til the first one was at 5% then i died, i had to use Invincible sometime during that shit and i was getting curebombed for a little while cause no one could pull hate on the 2nd Prudence.

Our main damage was BLMs just nuking the first one down then when it died, another NIN and PLD tanked it while melees were meleeing and WSing, had a few BLMs help curing since WHMs had to raise ppl and heal MP alot for awhile then BLMs busted out the IV spells and got hate from him at about 8%, then he warped on them and did Sinuate Rush wiping a good 6-7 ppl...a few other BLMs just killed it off after that and we got virtue/rod. Last virtue we needed for JoL pop but we're a little reluctant to pop him since we only have 1 set and we dont wanna fuck up by not having the correct jobs.

Anyone know if 11 BLMs 3 BRDs 2 NINs 3-4 WHMs 2-3 RDMs 1-2 SMNs 3 SAMs and about 8-10 other misc. jobs could take JoL now? If so, how many BLMs + refreshers does it take to keep his summons under control?

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    my LS killed Prudence about 2 weeks ago, the glitch didnt happen to us either...this fight really is harder than JoL now i guess. This was the 2nd time we attempted it, first fight was pretty much rapega because we didnt know they'd keep warping on each other to use TP moves and they killed alot of ppl with 2x Sinuate Rush at once.

Second fight went kinda awry at the start, we brought along 3-4 ppl outside alliance as a precaution cause we didnt want to lose again. A NIN popped prudence and was gonna kite the "main" one away (main being the one that's claimed when it pops) while i voked the 2nd one and tanked it, NIN died in about 5 seconds because he's so damn fast and i ended up tanking both at the same time til the first one was at 5% then i died, i had to use Invincible sometime during that shit and i was getting curebombed for a little while cause no one could pull hate on the 2nd Prudence.

Our main damage was BLMs just nuking the first one down then when it died, another NIN and PLD tanked it while melees were meleeing and WSing, had a few BLMs help curing since WHMs had to raise ppl and heal MP alot for awhile then BLMs busted out the IV spells and got hate from him at about 8%, then he warped on them and did Sinuate Rush wiping a good 6-7 ppl...a few other BLMs just killed it off after that and we got virtue/rod. Last virtue we needed for JoL pop but we're a little reluctant to pop him since we only have 1 set and we dont wanna fuck up by not having the correct jobs.

Anyone know if 11 BLMs 3 BRDs 2 NINs 3-4 WHMs 2-3 RDMs 1-2 SMNs 3 SAMs and about 8-10 other misc. jobs could take JoL now? If so, how many BLMs + refreshers does it take to keep his summons under control?
    Use PLD/NINs and full Merman gear. He's a joke.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Also have a dedicated stunner for GA-III.
    I guess I'm gimp because I couldnt land any stuns...nor could the other blm who was in the main alliance.

Just about the only time tanks die is when he uses Boost > TP attack for like 3k damage.
    Boost is a TP attack, so if it's got Boost on by the time it fires its next TP attack, someones not dispelling properly.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Also have a dedicated stunner for GA-III.
    I guess I'm gimp because I couldnt land any stuns...nor could the other blm who was in the main alliance.
    I dont really see a point of stunning GAs...if anything it lets you build hate, as a PLD/NIN literally takes no damage outside of GAs, and even 900 damage every 2-3mins (depending on luck of Tier IV or GA III) is absolutely nothing when you have Ballad and Refresh going for WHM, PLD and RDMs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

my LS has like 3 PLD/NINs with sea access, 2 of which have 75BLM and will probably end up going BLM for it...so that leaves only me on PLD/NIN, /doubt i could solo tank that shit the entire time so we'll be using NINs instead.

i think our only worry about this fight is dealing with his adds, we just dont wanna get overwhelmed by a fucking aquarium because we didnt bring enough BLMs to handle them, otherwise i think we're good on dealing with JoL since i've heard SMNs deal decent BP damage...how many mobs does he summon per round though?

Sub NIN is not necessary as well... JoL does not melee you. Tier 4 damage won't kill you, and if you're just taking Ga-3 damage you'd probably hit your max MP cap pretty quickly with 6 mp / 3 sec, Etheral earring, and Valor surcoat cover.

We use two PLD/WARs and out of three fights we've had only one PLD death. A well equiped PLD/WAR could solo tank it in my opinion. That death wasn't even due to Jailer of Love, rather his 3 Phaubo summons all doing a 600 damage Aerial Dive on me at once :/.

Edit:
    Oh so you guys try to fight it the hard way >.> Yeah you can avoid the 3k damage melee attacks and all melee damage in general pretty easily if you take a few steps back =P

yeah our tanks figured out they can step back. But they were still getting one-shot by a certain TP move (no idea what it was called). I was just a SMN so I couldn't pay much attention to what the tanks were really doing.

But you really don't have to worry about dieing to him anymore, it's just a matter of dealing enough damage.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

so uh, can anyone link us to a good sea guide that includes all the jailers and the items required to pop them, where they are, as well as a short strategy on how to beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by vodo
    so uh, can anyone link us to a good sea guide that includes all the jailers and the items required to pop them, where they are, as well as a short strategy on how to beat them?
    No, we can't.
    The reason is because you didn't search.
    If you had searched you would have found it posted -multiple- times.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

if it was a good guide it would have been stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by vodo
    if it was a good guide it would have been stickied.
    This is not allaka-noob nor KI.
    Do you see any other Guide's for anything stickied on BG Forums?
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...cards/gtfo.jpg