Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Few questions for Dynamis-Bubu.

About to do this with my dynamis LS today in a few hours, just posting a few Q's before I go to bed. I tried doing some research on JP sites but I couldnt find too much info, just wondering since I know a few NA people have beat this. Obviously this zone was made to go against LS's like mine , but im determined to beat it Almost everyone in LS has an alt job, most people staying mage, 3 people coming PLD for boss.
    I have been going to bubu checking a general strat for my LS, subbing thief running to ???'s, etc. But I still have a few Q's.

--Main question for the pullers :

According to this unfinished map ( http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~ffxi/ff_buburimu_01.jpg ), the 4 sets of Quad stones seem far enough apart for me to pull the center (WHM) without linking the sides and top, however being dynamis im not expecting to get away with it.
    Is the WHM group pullable solo? My plan is to get my group to sit in the corner of J7 and I pull that small set back. If not, I guess i'll sac pull back. I dont really wanna pull all the mobs back, because killing the WAR/THF/PLD NM gets rid of the bosses useless 2hours, which we want to keep him occupied.

--Question about the dragons. What tier dragons are they? Are they more like the last set of dragons in Dynamis-Xarcabard, or more like Angra Mainyu's Pukis minions?
    Do dragons link with beastmen/stones, causing them to pop?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Few questions for Dynamis-Bubu.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

According to this unfinished map ( http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~ffxi/ff_buburimu_01.jpg ), the 4 sets of Quad stones seem far enough apart for me to pull the center (WHM) without linking the sides and top, however being dynamis im not expecting to get away with it.
    Is the WHM group pullable solo? My plan is to get my group to sit in the corner of J7 and I pull that small set back. If not, I guess i'll sac pull back. I dont really wanna pull all the mobs back, because killing the WAR/THF/PLD NM gets rid of the bosses useless 2hours, which we want to keep him occupied.

--Question about the dragons. What tier dragons are they? Are they more like the last set of dragons in Dynamis-Xarcabard, or more like Angra Mainyu's Pukis minions?

The beastman thing would work, I shouldnt worry about any other Beastman TBH you should kill it to quick for it to become a problem. I've never fought the Xarabard ones but there certainly like Bea ones with a special move each (1 will only bodyslam etc) , No they don't link statues but obviously you puller can if not careful.

I have been going to bubu checking a general strat for my LS, subbing thief running to ???'s, etc. But I still have a few Q's.

You won't have flee if you sub it :D

Your gonna manaburn it?

Re: Few questions for Dynamis-Bubu.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

The beastman thing would work, I shouldnt worry about any other Beastman TBH you should kill it to quick for it to become a problem. I've never fought the Xarabard ones but there certainly like Bea ones with a special move each (1 will only bodyslam etc) , No they don't link statues but obviously you puller can if not careful.

You won't have flee if you sub it :D

Your gonna manaburn it?
    Of course not. The leader of a manaburn dynamis LS will instead invite an army of dragoons, as that is the secret to beating all dynamises.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yes, dragons link with statues causing them to pop mobs.

It's best to have 2 people sac pull the whm. 1 person aggroes everything, another one grabs the whm and runs it back to camp.

Scrape this http://www.dynamisbums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048 for more info.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Your sure they link?

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Be very careful for the pulls that are along the East path that runs along the coast. Those pulls are highly succeptible to link and could wipe your alliance.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Here is what we did last week and AB was dead in under a half hour:

1) give your hourglasses to your thf's first, so they can go in and flee to the ??? while you distribute rest of the glasses. Every time we've gone, we've had SJs before we went in, or very soon after.

2) kill the dispelga dragon first. (Sorry, I can't remember the names of all the dragons ><) Don't bother having anyone buff or use food until this one is dead.

3) Once it's dead, have everyone buff up and use rr items just in case. Head for the hill southwest of the whm pull. Death pull the whm, kill it, then head back southwest past mhaura to the hill leading to the south beach. Don't bother with the whole whm pull, just death pull the NM. The pull is pretty big, and you do have the chance to link the ones to either side of it. Personally, I'd rather have the time later on to kill nightmare stuff after AB than deal with a larger than normal statue pull.

4) Pull the two dragons that have AOE stomp moves (one at a time... obviously). Have the tanks at the bottom of the hill and the mages at the top. The AOE won't hit the mages in this setup. If I remember correctly, one dragon has AOE that won't go through blinks, but hits ridiculously hard. We killed this dragon one time on a flat surface and I didn't have time to stoneskin between AOE's, and since the move throws you back somewhat it interrupts casting, and pretty much every mage was dead within 2-3 of these moves. The AOE range is HUGE. The other one with AOE will go through blinks, but doesn't hit as hard. You still want to kill both of these though, and on that hill.

5) Those were the major ones we killed, I think there was another one in there but I can't remember. When you pull AB kill it the same way, on that hill. It takes a couple of minutes to kill and will cycle through all of the 2 hours (except bene if you kill the whm NM). The only one that really seems to be a pain is chainspell since it can throw out tons of status effects in a really short time. Make sure your tanks and whms are communicating with each other and you should be fine.

We did this, and had an hour and a half afterwards to play with nightmare mobs. Good luck!

My LS used most of the strategy we found here: http://www.dynamisbums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048

As I recall we killed the dragons that gave voidsong (Aitvaras), lodesong (Stollenworm) and heavy stomp (Tarasca).

http://people.clemson.edu/~ckey/ffxi...dragonsmap.jpg

Aitvaras hit me (as BLM) for like 600 through stoneskin.

Those ones being down made the fight pretty easy. He's definitely a nasty boss if you're unprepared though.

curious.. why are there four ??? I thought there was only one ??? to get your subjob back. Did SE make it random where it'll be? D:

Yes, it's random. It can be in any one of those spots.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

omgwtf why didnt you search!??

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Your sure they link?
    Positive.

I've seen it happen when pulling dragons passed goblin statues.

lol.... gil.....

they link.

I've posted my own personal highlights map before, but seems people covered it in this thread.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Awesome, thanks for the info guys.

Last time I took my LS to a CoP dynamis, we came out with a sore bottom (yay 0 drops and not even close to winning). This will be nice today if we get a win :D

Looks like im gonna sac pull the Quadav NM, time to buy some herpes quenchers.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Your sure they link?
    /carves "you're" into a big rubber dildo. /proceeds to beat Gilanth with it to death, Hatchet Harry style.

Nice.. Coren is fucking famous.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Range on the big AoE dragon is like 30.

This is a useful map:

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/7...bubu5ro.th.jpg

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Thankyou everyone who posted! Was a bit tricky at the beggining when I went to sac pull the WHM, and I ended up getting AB, wasting a bit of time on that, but it was quite simple. All of us had our SJ before we even entered the zone thanks to the thieves fleeing, was fun fun fun. Killed Voidsong (he hits sooooo hard) killed Barong, and Tarasca(he was way off where that map said he was), WHM NM, then went for AB.
    PLD = the new RDM/DRK. If you cant stun it, invincible it SE wanted us to change our strats, and we sure did 3 of my blms got onto their pld's and did an invincible order. The thing that killed them though was Curse Breath > Manafont aga3. Also he used his 2hours right away, he used Hundred Fists as soon as someone voked him, even at 100% HP.

However, drop rate was poo sticks :\ we killed alot of beastmen, they'd drop 0-2 coins each (im 100% sure they're nerfed here). 1x PLD af2, RNG/BST/DRK -1, BLM/WAR belts. We were hoping for some SMN Af2 hands, they're awesome, but oh well bastok is next week :D

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7...miswhee0uy.jpg

Once again, thankyou everyone

Word of advice : Cockatrice suck, Mutega = the devil, next time if we do this we're gonna hang at the crawlers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Nothing good dropped on the boss?

Zilch from boss. You guys hack.